Is CHINA getting ready to attack INDIA?

no smoking

Country flag
The four economies of India are, Black money, Gold holdings with Indians within India, White economy which we all know is just above $ 2 trn and another $1.4 trn stashed abroad.
Black money, they will remain black even in war time.
Gold holdings, yes india gov can grab those from the private owners with guns.
1.4 trn stashed abroad, there is no way that india gov can reach them in any time unless they are possessed by indian gov.

Our forex reserves are more than our entire debt. You have recently ordered an internal audit of your debt which stood at $1.7trn in 2011 and is considered even higher today. This figure is more than your total forex reserves. So, tell me which economy is in better shape.
India's forex reserves are more than your entire debt, really?

In July 2013, your foreign exchange reserve is $279.2b
Articles about Foreign Exchange Reserves - Economic Times
For the end of Mar 2013, your EXTERNAL DEBT ONLY is $376b
India's external debt rises to $376 billion - Economic Times

Now, tell me how your forex reserves are more than your entire debt?

We do not need permission from USA to fight anyone anywhr on earth.
You don't need permission from USA to fight, but you need USA's permission to block IOC. For your information, USA navy sees the protection of the freedom of sea lane transport as their responsibility.

If China is not preparing for war than why are you doing what you are doing and why have you started asking India to freeze troop levels and stop build up of Infra on our own side of Border. What scares you and why these demands? Did we ever stop you or make such conditions ever to China?
First, China is asking, which means China believes that diplomatic tunnel is still working!
Second, if China is preparing a war, we should increase our troop level.
Third, you are building the infra within the 2 LOC defined by each sides respectively. If india treats China's any activity beyond India's LOC as invasion, then india's activity beyond China's LOC can be seen as invasion as well.
Finally, you can't do that because you are the one increasing your troop. So, it is more likely that you are the one preparing a war.

nirranj

Country flag
( im talking to the indian members of dfi here ;.-) .... guys looks like we have some real experts on this forum eh ? i wonder how much they are paid .....:laugh::rolleyes: ...... and if theyre full time - actually i cant bother how much theyre paid but their knowledge is deeeeep - probably professionals assigned to monitor and report back on unconventional and innovative ideas and suggestions from our Indian members ( very valuable to photo-copy cats ) ?

that's why i recommend some caution ! - not sure if you guys agree ... :namaste:

perhaps if we really want to make suggestions , our chief moderator Ray-ji has the modus operandi to make the representations and forward our innovative ideas to the min of def .
I would prefer to tell my enemy what I will do... I will show him that I am toiling hard to perfect what I am going to do... I will show him my tactics... I will show him that I am serious about that... In the fight I will make my moves as he expects me to... take some hits... and now he is convinced that he has caught me and he predicts my next move... And You know now who has the element of surprise... :taunt1:

And those who are posting here are not the greatest Strategists of India (No offence to the experts here) and we have great lot of bright minds sitting over there looking onto every minute details and perfecting strategies and counter strategies... And Ours is a mix of nationalities and each has their own way of thinking and interpreting and You know about the Chinese...

bose

Country flag
No country would like a prolonged war. But certainly the countries like China, Russia have the ability to fight a prolonged war than most of countries in the world, for example Sino-Japan war (8 years), Korea war (2 years).
In the case of 1962 and vietnam, the targets of both wars only requires hit & run tactics. But for your information, there was another war or skirmish with Vietnam, which lasted for 10 years on the border--both side shooting each other every day! Of course the goal of this war was compeletly different!
Exactly this is what proves my POV, China has learned lessons from Japanese, Korean & Vietnam War, and that is why it is very sensitive and knows very well that situation will spin out its control to anything that will drag a conflict that longer, As far as India is concerned, China do not have a capability to inflict a full scale defeat to Indian Army so the chance remains with India to counter attack and bleed China. India will ensure a war of attrition and that the cost of war on China will be very heavy v/s what China gains from such conflict"¦

In 1962 war with China from India's perspective was a GOD sent opportunity to indentify the areas where India is lagging [infrastructure, material and training] and most important realization of Nehru's worthless idealistic philosophies and realization of China as a backstabber and never to be trusted.

Post 1962, India did come out very well in 1965 when Pakistan with China's backing wanted to do a repeat of 1962 and failed miserably losing land in that war"¦ In 1971 almost 9 years after 1962 China found it incapable to save its close friend Pakistan from disintegration. In 1975 Sikkim joins Indian Union inspite of a boarder scuffle with India on the same"¦ the year 1987 proved that India too can if it wants to in case the situation arise by crossing the LAC into TIBET.

This is one of reasons, but not a major one.
The major ones are:
1. Chinese army already run out of their supplies.
The above is simply an unadulterated lies, China took advantage of the situation prevailing out of Cuban crisis as both the super power were embroiled with the said situation, Once China saw USA tilting and saw the US started sending arms to India wanted to an excuse to pull out as quickly as possible as it was definite that India will regroup and counter attack China in Arunachal Pradesh.

2. Chinese already got what they were coming for: pushing indian army out of Aksai Chin.
As Aksai Chin is considered as far I know India was not in the possession or control of that land mass prior to 1962 except few patrols to that area.

Still you are crying for the 90,000 sq kms south of TIBET, By Chinese running away from Arunachal Pradesh / SOUTH TIBET it has re enforced India's control on the same area which its was left unguarded in early 1960's"¦.

In korea war, the ratio was 2.9m chinese vs 1.2m UN forces.
So you have seen what happens if you do not have a numerical superiority of at least 5:1 in your favor, China + Korea attacked US + SK down the 38 parallel and driven back up north"¦ Better to call the Korean war a stalemate"¦ If USA wanted and nuked you, you would have been in to your knees and begging, so there is nothing to show off then, plain and simple China pushed UN troops down south, then retaliation they shoved you up north till the 38th parallel was accepted by you as ceasefire line"¦

In vietnam, Chinese did have numberical superiority but Vietnam was the one enjoying material superiority. Vietnam army was equiped with 2 superpowers' 70s weapon while Chineses were still using the weapons designed in 1960s.
It is better you do not whine when it comes to Vietnam, a small country humbled you badly"¦ they have showed to the world that China are not capable to hold on to the territories and fear full of any counter attacks"¦

India isn't much better than Chinese on this. If india experienced army can't completely defeat Chinese in first half year, both side will be on the same level. For the country like China, you can't win a war in half years, even USA can't on the land.
Indian Army has in recent years have more fighting experience as recent as late 80's in Sri Lanka and late 90's against Pakistan, not to forget 50 years of jungle / mountain fighting against terrorists. India learned where we lack and making continuous improvement.
Compared to India's that China Airforce & Navy has no fighting experience"¦

Good, that is exactly what China wants you to do. Overspending your money on a war which will not happen unless you own start it.
No indian member in this forum has noticed that India is enjoying the numberic and material superior NOW.
Just the opposite!!! China is not comfortable to infrastructure buildup on the Indian side, this is showing up in Chinese unease in the Chummar sector and recent suggestion in the border talks to TIE the infrastructure development along Indian side is very well known.
India do not need to start a war, India will continue to build the infrastructure in our side, and with each passing year your advantage to holding higher ground will wane"¦

You will definitely see more and more aggressive Indian patrolling and an occasional IA losing their way into TIBET side , so you see the 1962 situation is again un folding in next few years, at least as I see it"¦ The million Dollar question now can China REPEAT ONCE MORE?? What will happen to China if India gives a bloody nose this time??? Food for thought"¦.

no smoking

Country flag
Exactly this is what proves my POV, China has learned lessons from Japanese, Korean & Vietnam War, and that is why it is very sensitive and knows very well that situation will spin out its control to anything that will drag a conflict that longer, As far as India is concerned, China do not have a capability to inflict a full scale defeat to Indian Army so the chance remains with India to counter attack and bleed China. India will ensure a war of attrition and that the cost of war on China will be very heavy v/s what China gains from such conflict"¦
You still don't get it, right? Before Sino-Japan war and korea War, Chinese already expected a long period war since they were preparing to fight a far stronger enemy and their strategic target decided these 2 wars wouldn't end very soon. Before each war, the mainland gov (ROC or PRC) warned their public about this point.

Just in the first days of vietnam war in 1978, Chinese clearly told Americans and especially Russians the war would be finished in short period without any significant border change to avoid Russian's interference.

So, you can see: different war requirs different strategy, don't simplify it.

As Aksai Chin is considered as far I know India was not in the possession or control of that land mass prior to 1962 except few patrols to that area.
Then for your own information, Nehru unilaterally put this land which "was not poosessed or controlled by india prior to 1962" as a part of india in 1954. And then in 1959 he rejected Chinese offer of giving up his claim on this land in return China will accept Arunachal Pradesh as Indian land.
Then in 1961, he started his famous "forward policy" to push Chinese out of this "india was not in the possession or control of that land mass prior to 1962". and worst of worse, he ordered to "throw chinese out" in Sep 1962--one month before the war.

Chinese was not innocent in this whole procedure, neither was India. You walked away from the table and started a military solution, and you still claim you were backstabed until today? That is rediculous!

Still you are crying for the 90,000 sq kms south of TIBET, By Chinese running away from Arunachal Pradesh / SOUTH TIBET it has re enforced India's control on the same area which its was left unguarded in early 1960's"¦.
Just as you are still crying for "Aksai Chin"!

So you have seen what happens if you do not have a numerical superiority of at least 5:1 in your favor, China + Korea attacked US + SK down the 38 parallel and driven back up north"¦ Better to call the Korean war a stalemate"¦ If USA wanted and nuked you, you would have been in to your knees and begging, so there is nothing to show off then, plain and simple China pushed UN troops down south, then retaliation they shoved you up north till the 38th parallel was accepted by you as ceasefire line"¦
You need to learn some knowledge: It was North Korean army pushed to South in the first stage. Chinese steped into the war when North korea already was completely defeated by UN! The first battle Chinese fought--Unsan happened just miles to Chinese border. So actually, Chinese did successfully pushed UN forces from North back to 38th line.

Battle of Unsan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is better you do not whine when it comes to Vietnam, a small country humbled you badly"¦ they have showed to the world that China are not capable to hold on to the territories and fear full of any counter attacks"¦
Why do I need to whine? We lost 20000-30000 at the cost of 150000 vietnames and completely destruction of industrial/militarial infrastructures in 3 vietnamin province. As a result, vietnam can't threat China from the south as part of soviet circle.

Indian Army has in recent years have more fighting experience as recent as late 80's in Sri Lanka and late 90's against Pakistan, not to forget 50 years of jungle / mountain fighting against terrorists. India learned where we lack and making continuous improvement.
Compared to India's that China Airforce & Navy has no fighting experience"¦
Yes, that is why you are starting another "forward policy", right? Indian forces are just too damn good!

Just the opposite!!! China is not comfortable to infrastructure buildup on the Indian side, this is showing up in Chinese unease in the Chummar sector and recent suggestion in the border talks to TIE the infrastructure development along Indian side is very well known.
Just as you are not comfortable with our infrastructure building in our side.

India do not need to start a war, India will continue to build the infrastructure in our side, and with each passing year your advantage to holding higher ground will wane"¦

You will definitely see more and more aggressive Indian patrolling and an occasional IA losing their way into TIBET side , so you see the 1962 situation is again un folding in next few years, at least as I see it"¦ The million Dollar question now can China REPEAT ONCE MORE?? What will happen to China if India gives a bloody nose this time??? Food for thought"¦.
Yes, Nehru also said something similar before 1962. Oh wait, he not only said it, he also did it! Guess what, he got a bloody nose.

kseeker

Retired
Yes, right. China just can't wait since India has more than 400m poors need liberation!
Just to tell your gov to increase your defence budget please, don't waist your time on internet!
Looks like, new Nostradamus has appeared on the Chinese side !!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles