Is CHINA getting ready to attack INDIA?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
yes, it is same like 1962 ,we are under equipped this time too. and chinese knew it
even if they are not better equipped, their mobility is greater , better border roads and tougher war doctrine , the advantage of surprise, whereas we are always responding and defensive

our problem is not with equipment or troops but the political WILL to be strong

until and unless that changes for the better - we may again cede territory however tiny it may be ---- i,e we will always be the loser until out political WILL and war doctrine is revised ( substantially )

the intelligent Ashley J Tellis ( besides others ) have been citing the 2014 - 2024 window as the most likely time frame for such an event

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
CHILD, be informed that 1962 was an abbration, Never before and never again will we let 1962 be repeated if any bastard govt of India stops us, we will kill them all but will have our revenge.
Wow ADULT, you have me shuddering... I am truly in awe of your bravery... I guess "you'll show the world" that you mean business. OK I would go on but I can't stop laughing.

Seriously, if you really want to see India succeed then stop all this comical posturing. China is already pummeling India at the marketplace without firing a single shot, that's the real battleground, not the arid lands along the Indo China border. You want to prevent more humiliation at the hands of China then start by pushing for land, labor and education reforms and build good political, industrial and economic institutions that will put India at par with China. But that's far more difficult than throwing around dialogues from C grade movies now innit?

Last edited:

t_co

CHILD, be informed that 1962 was an abbration, Never before and never again will we let 1962 be repeated if any bastard govt of India stops us, we will kill them all but will have our revenge.
wtf?

1) @Energon wasn't even talking about 1962 in his post
2) Did you seriously say that if the GoI was bungling a response to a Chinese attack, you would kill all of the members of the government
3) What is 'revenge'?

Last edited by a moderator:

no smoking

Country flag
Liberation.. you know only the word ever feel the Liberation ..and ask the Tibetians what is liberation
Can't you see this is sarcasm?

China has 200m absolute poors and india has 400m absolute poors.

Can't any indian see that Chinese has lots other urgent things to handle other than preparing a war with India?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
.......Seriously, if you really want to see India succeed then stop all this comical posturing. China is already pummeling India at the marketplace without firing a single shot, that's the real battleground, not the arid lands along the Indo China border. You want to prevent more humiliation at the hands of China then start by pushing for land, labor and education reforms and build good political, industrial and economic institutions that will put India at par with China.....
(Energon, pls allow the partial quote )

ABSOLUTELY ! - via economic mastery prc has greater purchasing power and so purchases the modules and manufactures almost all its weapons - both quantity and sufficient quality

we have to realise that is where the real fight is

what happens at the borders (land or sea) is a direct reflection of the economic warfare fought in the market place
whoever "wins" or has advantage at the marketplace also wins or has advantage on the war-front

can our lokh sabha and other governing bodies please educate themselves enough to realise that ?

Last edited:

nirranj

Country flag
can our lokh sabha and other governing bodies please educate themselves enough to realise that ?
They are busy in signing petitions for Obama...

Manekshaw famously said, "I wonder whether those of our political masters who have been put in charge of the defence of the country can distinguish a mortar from a motor; a gun from a howitzer; a guerrilla from a gorilla, although a great many resemble the latter."

May be our MP's are discussing which brand motor to buy for the army and whether they can take one from the Army inventory to their home!!!

Dinesh_Kumar

Sir, you saying its different this time around. But all over internet forums, people pointing out similarities.

Also, these boys go all out to fight, I believe used 5,60,000 troops for Vietnam. Have superior logistics - China supplied 75,000 artillery pieces to Vietnam in the 1960s when they were allies against the Americans (Source: Osprey - PLA since 1949).
Can we have such numbers and logistics against them?

CHILD, be informed that 1962 was an abbration, Never before and never again

Vishwarupa

Country flag
China has a new front now & we busy sending letters to Obama & praising IM.

China, Nepal agree to deepen military ties
To take forward training cooperation as visiting Army Chief Gaurav Shumsher Rana pledges crackdown on 'anti-China' activities

China and Nepal have agreed to widen their recently deepening defence and security ties and take forward training cooperation between their militaries as the Nepal Army Chief held talks with top People's Liberation Army (PLA) Generals here this week.

General Gaurav Shumsher Rana pledged Nepal's support to China in strong terms on cracking down on any "anti-China activities" on Nepali soil – a reference to the activities of Tibetans based in Nepal.

He said Nepal "attaches great importance" to developing its military ties with China and would "unswervingly adhere to the one-China policy and will never allow any force to take advantage of the Nepalese territory to engage in anti-China activities", the official Xinhua news agency quoted him as saying. The Nepal Army, he added, saw "the Chinese military as a reliable friend".

His pledge to back China on the Tibet issue comes as the PLA has stepped up both financial aid and training assistance to the Nepal Army. In 2011, China agreed to provide $7.7 million in military aid when the then Chief of General Staff, General Chen Bingde, visited Nepal.

The PLA has, this week, agreed to help set up two mobile hospitals for the Nepal Army, according to media reports in Nepal.

On Monday, the Nepal Army chief held talks with General Fang Fenghui, General Chen's successor as the Chief of General Staff, who is responsible for army operations and also sits on the powerful Central Military Commission (CMC) headed by President Xi Jinping.

General Fang said China appreciated Nepal's "consistent adherence to the One-China policy and firm support on the major issues concerning Tibet". He said the PLA was keen "to make joint efforts" to deepen exchanges and cooperation, including on personnel exchanges and training, to push forward ties "under the new situation".

The PLA has, this past week, laid out the red carpet for the Nepal Army chief, who also met the influential General and former Air Force Commander Xu Qiliang, who is one of the two Vice Chairmen of the Central Military Commission.

The CMC Vice Chairman said it was "in the interests of both sides" to cement and deepen their military relationship, Xinhua reported.

China, Nepal agree to deepen military ties - The Hindu

TrueSpirit

Is CHINA getting ready to attack INDIA?

> Going by recent incidents and previous history of Chinese in 1962 (India) , 1967 (Soviet Union), 1979 and 1984-91 (both Vietnam), looks like we are in for a Border skirmish with the Chinese. Some interesting pointers for all:

> All above disputes were with China, ended in agreements where some territory was ceded to China.

> All above disputes China poured in superior numbers and superior logistics

> On our border, Chinese logistics as of today definitely superior.

> No nukes used. Such action might set a dangerous precedent in the world.

If we can somehow overwhelm them in terms of numbers, logistics and will to fight, maybe we can at best defend our existing territory.

Even in LOTR film, Gondor was outclassed by the Black Captain but still won:

> Sudden counterattack during the seige

> Arrival of additional troops from Rohan

> Killing of OPFOR Commander in Chief, reduced the enemy's morale

> Additional troops from the sea (Aaragon).

Our old timers in IA, who were with us in 1980s, and closely observed China, will now be able to tell us how the sequence unfolds.

By anticipating these events....................
That's an interesting analogy you draw here....

Additional troops from the sea (Aaragon).
Who would be the friendly ghosts in our scenario ?

White-men help ?? :troll:

mikhail

Country flag
Mikhai Bhai, Don't want to disappoint you, but the bolded part is not precise...
mate its "Mikhail" but its okay as many of my friends do call me this jokingly:p!
now regarding your statement,may i ask the reason why do you feel that the moral of our Army is not up to the mark?i mean they are a thorough professional and disciplined organization after all and i don't see a reason why they will have a low moral facing PLA!

TrueSpirit

mate its "Mikhail" but its okay as many of my friends do call me this jokingly:p!
now regarding your statement,may i ask the reason why do you feel that the moral of our Army is not up to the mark?i mean they are a thorough professional and disciplined organization after all and i don't see a reason why they will have a low moral facing PLA!
Really Sorry Mikhail...I missed the "L" which made all the difference :sad:

now regarding your statement,
Mikhail, somehow I cannot provide you citations & links & media sources corroborating my assertion, but you can bet on what I have said. IA morale (especially young & mid-level officers) is not as high as it used to be, lets says 5-10 years back (despite Sixth Pay Commission).

There are multiple reasons & there is nothing we can do about it. And, it is not even worth discussing on a public forum so lets leave it at that.

Regarding equipment, training & exposure, yes; IA is seeing the best phase in its history, notwithstanding few operational gaps. Its men are at their fittest best. Rest, you can find out on your own.

s002wjh

Country flag
sry folks india is not top priority for china. SCS/daiyu island is. china won't do anything to india when they got their hand full with ScS/daioyu island and internal issues

Decklander

sry folks india is not top priority for china. SCS/daiyu island is. china won't do anything to india when they got their hand full with ScS/daioyu island and internal issues
I think you are wrong. If china humiliates India, they will not have to fire even a round to get all countries of SCS to kneel down in front of them. But if they get a bloody nose, they will lose SCS forever. Chinese have been that stupid in history.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
China may start a war to divert the attention from its internal issues.They did same before.

Decklander

China may start a war to divert the attention from its internal issues.They did same before.
I agree to your statement in part only. The 1962 war with India was not for that reason. It was to teach a lesson to Nehruvian stupidity. The 1979 war with Vietnam was one such case of trying to divert attention from domestic problems. Chinese thought that they will be able to defeat a small nation like Vietnam in no time but they got a bloody nose. This time they are playing with India-The Elephant of the World.
Had it not been for India, Germans wud have enslaved whole of white world in WW1 itself. I do not have to comment about WW2. The chinese got saved from Japs only bcoz of India. Now, India and Japs are together and US monet will not flow in to save China.

I am at times shocked to read the posts of the members here who state that China has better Infra and so can dominate India.
Well they do have better infra but how much time does it take for us to destroy it and what about terrain? Who has the advantage?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I agree to your statement in part only. The 1962 war with India was not for that reason. It was to teach a lesson to Nehruvian stupidity. The 1979 war with Vietnam was one such case of trying to divert attention from domestic problems. Chinese thought that they will be able to defeat a small nation like Vietnam in no time but they got a bloody nose. This time they are playing with India-The Elephant of the World.
Had it not been for India, Germans wud have enslaved whole of white world in WW1 itself. I do not have to comment about WW2. The chinese got saved from Japs only bcoz of India. Now, India and Japs are together and US monet will not flow in to save China.

I am at times shocked to read the posts of the members here who state that China has better Infra and so can dominate India.
Well they do have better infra but how much time does it take for us to destroy it and what about terrain? Who has the advantage?
This time we have stupid Congress who seems to have anti-national entities including CPI Jhola chaap idiots and PigVijay Singh's.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Let us hope the BEST from our ARMY and other ARMED FORCES......

Keep aside the UPA and congress which are letting down the whole country.....

We, the people of INDIA always have strong belief on our ARMY and this is not 1962 and we are somewhat better equipped this time and can defend ourselves as we are not the aggressors......

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles