Is China About to Get Its Military Jet Engine Program Off the Ground?

Country flag
*sigh* And of all those, which engine of over 27000lbf is Japanese, Korean, French or Indian? Didnt you say these countries each have an engine in the F100, AL31, WS10A class?
Anymore personal comments will be an infarction .

J20!

Country flag
Do Inidia have prototypes of 4 th gen engine?
One. Kaveri with 81kN. But it's not working well and they've asked French Snecma for help and have instead powered their LCA prototypes with American F404 turbofans.

J20!

Country flag
I'm going to bed Lethalforce. If you have proper questions, don't hesitate to ask, I'll answer later, or maybe Jayram will, he's online...

badguy2000

Respected Member
1.sustained R&D of engiens needs supports of billions-dollar infrastructures such as tunnel systems,testing-beds and labs...

only those countries with huge economy and revenues can afford those expensive infrastructures,such as USA,former Soviet Union, CHina today and Japan.
In fact, even anyone of Germany ,UK and France can not afford such expensive infructures,so they set up EU and unite to develope aircraft industry.

2. only huge demestic demand can assure the order and repay of huge investment on a new aircraft project.

now, only those huge counties ,such as USA, CHina ,Russia , India and EU(if united) have such huge demand of aircrafts.

the domestic demand of UK, Germany ,Fance and Japan is quite limited,so it is uneconomic for them to develop 5G bird.
Instead, USA ,CHina ,RUssia and India has huge demand for 5G bird, so they develope it..

nimo_cn

Country flag
It is amusing to see all the attempts by Indians to run down Chinese jet engines.

All Indians have is a Kaveri, which has to be tested in Russia.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Hmm...i knew indians understood more about the word 'slave',after i read a thread about india's life in rural area.
I do not know what you read. Indians in majority may be empty stomach but one thing for sure they have is their "freedom" which they do not despense with ease.

GromHellscream

The govt. recently has approved an investment of 300 billion rmb (= 50 billion USD) in next 5 years to the jet engine industry.
See the difference between you and us??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

H.A.

I definitely see the difference.

In-between its not about the money, its about how you invest very little money and get the best results. :thumb:

GromHellscream

Little money? How much about your MRCA deal?
HAHAHA, do tell me why even such a "little" deal had cost your govt. more than 10 years for decision.
And why losing even such a "little" deal almost suddenly made the british crazy and began to badmouth indians.

Hey, I'm bored to argue with the performance of Chinese jet engines here, cause your guys only believe what you choose to believe. Let the money speak itself.

Last edited:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
So, as of now Chinese have no successful jet engine. So all the stories of WS XX blah blah blah comes to be fake in true Chinese tradition

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
well they need to mass produce atleast WS 10 engines it before it can be taken as a success.Leave aside WS 15 for the time being..

As far as i know we see only pics of J10b ,J11b & J15 with ws 10a but pics dont prove that Chinese have inducted those planes in mass number .So we have to wait atleast 3-4 years when we could see what no of fighter squadron have they inducted with indigeniuos engines until them we can be skeptical

badguy2000

Respected Member
I definitely see the difference.

In-between its not about the money, its about how you invest very little money and get the best results. :thumb:
difference is that China will invest 10 billion USD on R&D of domestic engine industry while India will invest 10 billion USD on importing foreign bird such as rafale ...

shiphone

Country flag
well they need to mass produce atleast WS 10 engines it before it can be taken as a success.Leave aside WS 15 for the time being..

As far as i know we see only pics of J10b ,J11b & J15 with ws 10a but pics dont prove that Chinese have inducted those planes in mass number .So we have to wait atleast 3-4 years when we could see what no of fighter squadron have they inducted with indigeniuos engines until them we can be skeptical
once again, you don't know doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

and I rember you have created a thread(The Truth about the WS-10) about WS10 ,I had made it clear that J11 B/BS with WS10 were entering into service.

at least 4 regiments of J11B/BS equipped with WS 10 engines are in service ...there are loads of pix on the internet, but the only problem is that you can't recognize which regiment this jet belongs to when you saw it... what a pity.

pic in #7 post in this thread at 10:48AM:

Tail No 31003 (J11B with WS10 of course ).PLAAF No.3 jet of No.57 regiment ,No. 19.Div
No.08.jet of PLA Navy AF No.4 Div...BLOCK 01 J11BS with WS10

Tail number No.41285 (Block 1 J11BS with WS10 ).the No.25 jet of PLAAF ,No. 37.Div
just one more unit was revealed in the natianal tv news days ago.

Tail number 72323 - the No 33. Jets of the No.111 Brigade

Last edited:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Does all the pictures and blabbering explains why need to import the engines?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles