Is Britain to blame for many of the world's problems?

Nonynon

I think it goes down to the fact most Christians today aren't very religious but the average Muslim will give his arm to Allah should he be told its necessary in his Masque. Btw, Christianity and Islam believe in the same god but that pretty much sums the similarities.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Well, from what I know, Christianity is also orthodox, as Christians just like Muslims believe in only one god, i.e. theirs own, Jesus or Allah, they don't recognize any other version of God or have respect for other religions. On the contrary, Hinduism and Buddhism are much more accomodating, we know that there is only one god, but is known by different names, like Allah, Jesus, Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh, Guru Nanak and Buddha. We respect God in all forms and religions.
Christianity isn't a thing to respect or disrespect other religions. It is a way of life and path to salvation. You are either on the train or off of it. No reprisal is commanded against non-believers as they will be judged in the after-life. Considering a Hindu can't be a Christian at the same time, and Hindus have carried out violent attacks on Christian minorities I would disagree saying it is more accommodating. They are both of their own accord with their own politics. Neither are inherently violent religions but only used for evil when secular matters come to the fore. On the other hand, Islam preaches violence against non-believers, death to converts, and taking the name of God to war. Islamic doctrine needs to be revamped for peaceful coexistance or it isn't going to last long.

arshi

I think it goes down to the fact most Christians today aren't very religious but the average Muslim will give his arm to Allah should he be told its necessary in his Masque. Btw, Christianity and Islam believe in the same god but that pretty much sums the similarities.
no Islam n Christianity r differnt in believes, ideologies & practices

Nonynon

Yea they are very different but they still believe in the same god (although they may name him differently). But why argue about that when we have both Muslims and Christians on this forum.

sandeepdg

Ok, lets not derail this thread anymore, and stick to the title, folks !! Too much religious discussion here is unwarranted for.

smartindian

Country flag
guys this is a defense forum please stick to the topic , religious views are not allowed here

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
guys this is a defense forum please stick to the topic , religious views are not allowed here
Actually it is, because we are discussing what is to blame for most of the world's conflicts. If religion is not one of those causes, you are missing a big piece of history.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
The Western Hemisphere was ethnically cleansed by disease... not the fault of a religion.
Don't beat around the bush. There is no doubt that Christianity played a huge role in the genocide, oppression, and slavery of Native Americans. The fact that the natives weren't Christians was used to justify the encomienda system, where millions of natives were forced to work and die in the gold and silver mines of Spanish America. It was used to justify the destruction and looting of the Aztec Empire, the killing and forced conversion of the Mayans, and the American land grabs of the 19th century.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Don't beat around the bush. There is no doubt that Christianity played a huge role in the genocide, oppression, and slavery of Native Americans. The fact that the natives weren't Christians was used to justify the encomienda system, where millions of natives were forced to work and die in the gold and silver mines of Spanish America. It was used to justify the destruction and looting of the Aztec Empire, the killing and forced conversion of the Mayans, and the American land grabs of the 19th century.
Missionaries were genociding, oppressing, and sending natives into slavery? The only thing they did was destroy their cultural relics. Encomienda applied only to non-converts and there were only 4000 Spanish families that had them. Out of the 30 million people that were under Spanish conquest, only 1 million were actually forced to pay tribute. 90% were wiped out by disease and the rest converted exempting them from the system. It is certainly not something to be proud of, but the actual oppression and death was small compared to say the Ottoman slave system.

AOE

...And the same prophet lineage, including recognition of Jesus in Islam, as well as praying, theological arguments, and also similar views of anti-Semitism. The first part of your post is bang on though, Christianity is benign today where as Islam isn't.

neo29

Lets be honest first. Indian people did not drive British away. They left coz they were not able to handle the colonies after ww2.

Not only Britain but the other European countries who had colonies made sure that their colonies do have problems so that in a distant future no colony challenges the British empire. Partitions and Division of people by race and religion were their tools.

End result is they were successful

Sid

Certainly, for the Palestinian problem Britain has to take the blame.

Churchill always boasted that he created a nation(Israel) with a stroke of his pen.

singularity

You dont know the ground realities of India so you cannot comprehend.

By your same logic now Indians deliberately vote for corrupt uneducated politicians even after knowing they are thieves ?

If muslims wanted to be partitioned then why did so many stay behind in India ? people dont vote on agendas here like they do in frace.
I partially agree with you but which party is not corrupt. every party is.. there is no choice. one is a thief and other is a pickpocketer.
I support the partition openheartedly. May be many of you not aware that pakistan stopped the Emigration of Indian muslims in 1953. Atleast we have less problems due to that. I deeply feel that we have lost a golden chance to get rid of islam & this opportunity will not return in centuries. call me communal or whatever.. But i am an atheist but strongly feel that we Indians have been deliberately kept in dark of our history.
Kindly go through this speech it is very much related to this topic
YouTube - Speech of Abul Kalam Azad about separation of Indo-Pak.
I request you to go through this book regarding our history written by a neutral source.
http://persian.packhum.org/persian/main?url=pf%3Ffile%3D80201011%26ct%3D0[/url

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I partially agree with you but which party is not corrupt. every party is.. there is no choice. one is a thief and other is a pickpocketer.
I support the partition openheartedly. May be many of you not aware that pakistan stopped the Emigration of Indian muslims in 1953. Atleast we have less problems due to that. I deeply feel that we have lost a golden chance to get rid of islam & this opportunity will not return in centuries. call me communal or whatever.. But i am an atheist but strongly feel that we Indians have been deliberately kept in dark of our history.
I request you to go through this book regarding our history written by a neutral source.

If you like to see the back of religion then i will respect your view but if you single out religions then you are part of the problem.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador

India's problem is not Islam, it's the communal mindset that still persists today.

I dream of an India where religion is irrelevant. It should not matter if you are Muslim, Hindu, or whatever, as long as you are an Indian.

INDIA first. Everything else second.

mayankkrishna

Country flag
India's problem is not Islam, it's the communal mindset that still persists today.

I dream of an India where religion is irrelevant. It should not matter if you are Muslim, Hindu, or whatever, as long as you are an Indian.

INDIA first. Everything else second.
Im new to this forum. I respect all the views but i would like to make a point that your irritation against relevance of religion in India is actually against oldest surviving customary traditions (Communalism, castes or whatever). Good thing is that they are very dynamic and keep on evolving with the changing needs of times.

This has been well emphasized in any of our so called hindu religious literature be it Chanakya, Upanishads, Gita or be it much criticized Manu smriti, that One must change according to the needs of time.

I also agree that religion is a big part of human history. We just cannot avoid it.

Christianity in India is older than Christianity of Europe. It was christianity of Europe which is rather credited with malaise of evil christianity be it in Americas or Africas. It is the European Christianity which still believes that South of the 40 degree latitude and east to the Middle east. (refering South Asia) is still in dark ages riddled with superstitious believes and rituals. (according to one Vatican archive published in one news paper sometime back). These christians are themselves involved in viscious campaign to convert very innocent, self subsisting, nature loving folks in much of the tribal belts of India. We must oppose any such moves by any religious organisations. What kind of enlightenment can anyway be justified itself by demeaning others. Hindu religion never stands for any such principles. Thats why it has respect for all the sages of all the religions. Such campaigns fuels internal grudge, but still larger hindu populace avoids getting involved in it.

On the other hand much of the mass genocide on Indian population is inflicted by muslims no doubt. Still Indian Muslim population is larger than that of Pakistan, and are living a more peaceful life in India than any other Muslim country. Pakistan on other hand a state itself formed on the foundations of Muslims religion is today contradicting on very foundations it was formed and with modern principles of democracy.

India is a land blessed with bounty of nature. Call it by a Greeky name 'Hindu' or anything, here its not about dreaming of Irrelevance of any religion but a purity and sanctity for every religion practiced on this motherland.

This is truly reflected even today's Indian Soldiers, be it Rajputana, Marathas, Gurkhas, Nagas, true to their fighting spirit and guided by their leadership away from the malaise of religious poison be it Mullah omar jihadism or George Bush's Modern Crusades.

Jai hind

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles