Is Air force capable of Two Front War?

binayak95

Country flag
You have no clue about how the US thinks.
Please explain. You believe in the hypo that the US is a self serving country. Well I am no big fan of the US. Considering the fact that most of today's world problems such as terrorism and global warming are because of America.
But it is also true that India and the US need each other for only one reason:CHINA.

The cooperation between the two countries vis-a-vis China go back 4 decades. Back then U-2 reconnaissance flights took place over China from the Charbatia Air Base near Cuttack. Now Indian Navy and the USN hold exercises in the South China Sea with the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force. Indian and US special forces counduct exercises in Ladakh. My point is US support to India has never been more firm.

binayak95

Country flag
You have no clue about how the US thinks.
Please explain. You believe in the hypo that the US is a self serving country. Well I am no big fan of the US. Considering the fact that most of today's world problems such as terrorism and global warming are because of America.
But it is also true that India and the US need each other for only one reason:CHINA.

The cooperation between the two countries vis-a-vis China go back 4 decades. Back then U-2 reconnaissance flights took place over China from the Charbatia Air Base near Cuttack. Now Indian Navy and the USN hold exercises in the South China Sea with the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force. Indian and US special forces counduct exercises in Ladakh. My point is US support to India has never been more firm.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
US will support India but not at the cost of it's own security. History has shown us that. They either fight proxies or fight by proxies. Did you see the US take on the USSR in a direct fight ever? It was always through proxies. NK, Nam.

They will not risk direct confrontation. But they will not leave any chance to damage the adversary through proxies. Classic policy which even the Chinese have learned and using against India by propping the Pakistanis.
You think US soldiers or citizens will die for India?

Oracle

This kinda posts are the exact reason why it sucks.

Binayak, there are 1000s of posts in here discussing the same thing.

Before you start posting, read them. Search the forum, gain some knowledge and start discussing.

You are challenging what Military Professionals and respected posters in here have already debunked, time after time.

This is becoming a replica of PDF.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I do not think the USA will send a bunch of IRBMs or ICBMs to China - I think the USA will threaten China with war if they barrage India in a war. Remember, China is a signatory to several missile use treaties - and USA for sure (probably Russia) too will hold them to that. Any use of missiles on India during wartime, going unpunished will only embolden the Chinese from using the same against Taiwan or even Japan in the future. So, for strategic reasons, USA has to respond - or all their threats and posturing will be meaningless in the future.
But, that's just my view.

plugwater

They are struggling to make 12 a year. AF us demanding it ups it to about 18 which they can't with the present infra.
No yusuf. They are making 24 per year and they will increase to 30 from next year.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
No yusuf. They are making 24 per year and they will increase to 30 from next year.
Link Sir. Last heard, they are trying to increase to 14 by 2014!!

Param

Link Sir. Last heard, they are trying to increase to 14 by 2014!!
Less than A year ago the Wiki page said total mki were 124. Now it says 142. Besides earlier defence minister had stressed that India would have 230 MKIs by 2015.

plugwater

agentperry

we have 130+ sukhois as of now.
iaf spokesperson.
but it doesnt matter. all are not as capable as MKIs. few of the older versions are still in the process of upgrade and refitting-kinda stuff.

shubhamsaikia

Stationing Sukhois at both Tezpur and Chabua have gone a long way in increasing our air capabilities towards the east. However there needs to be more airbases/landing stips that have to be built.

I feel we should start concentrating towards the east than west.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles