Iranian jets fire on U.S. drone

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Tell your friends in washington to not attack Iran, and then they need not apprehend any hostilities at all.
Hahaha! You're really a funny guy.

The American decision on that issue will solely depend on where America's strategic interests are according to the calculations of their strategic planners. But I think it will be reasonable to infer that "the" emphasis will be placed on what Iran will do with its nuclear program.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Hahaha! You're really a funny guy.

The American decision on that issue will solely depend on where America's strategic interests are according to the calculations of their strategic planners. But I think it will be reasonable to infer that "the" emphasis will be placed on what Iran will do with its nuclear program.
Nuclear program eh? What makes you think Iran is making bombs? Your people also said Iraq was making bombs, turned out to be a big lie. On the other hand, Israel already has nuclear bombs. However, your double standards blinds you from seeing that reality. Now you may cite the rhetoric from Iranian side against the Zionists being cause enough for an attack, but then again, where don't you find rhetoric?
Khruschev reportedly claimed, he'll "bury" Capitalism. Did he? Could he? Pakistanis claim to be capable of wiping out India day in and day out. Does that mean we go in whenever we wish and decimate them like we can? If you are so afraid of rhetoric, how can you live in life? What's next? War against Mother Nature cause she unleashed a hurricane on United States and is threatening it with another storm?
I find it hard to believe that "the most powerful nation" is also the most coward nation on Earth. Even countries like Vietnam and Cuba seem like macho men compared to America.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Nuclear program eh? What makes you think Iran is making bombs? Your people also said Iraq was making bombs, turned out to be a big lie.
Well, just because the first time turned out to be inaccurate does not mean that all succeeding analysis will be inaccurate. Note that Iran was not really forthright about its nuclear program. In fact it was not until an Iranian dissident blew the top of the Iranian program that it was unmasked. Thereafter, the Iranian has blocked every effort to have complete access and assessment to their nuclear program and facilities.

On the other hand, Israel already has nuclear bombs. However, your double standards blinds you from seeing that reality. Now you may cite the rhetoric from Iranian side against the Zionists being cause enough for an attack, but then again, where don't you find rhetoric?
Allowing a wrong to be done now will not right a wrong done earlier. It will simply add to the wrongs already done.

I find it hard to believe that "the most powerful nation" is also the most coward nation on Earth.
As always you're not making sense. Earlier you said America was acting like a gung ho cowboy around the World by invading countries. Now you say America is a coward.

p.s. Invading countries (however small, mind you Iraq is not a small country nor its military small) is not an act of cowardice.

Anyway, I think I'm already O.T.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Did Iran do something wrong, or is upholding one's sovereignty suddenly a crime? :confused:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Did Iran do something wrong, or is upholding one's sovereignty suddenly a crime? :confused:
I think Iran will commit a wrong if it continue on the weaponization of its nuclear program, not because it is per se a wrong thing but because it will unsettle the whole region, and in effect the World. The status quo now may not be perfect but I prefer it anytime of the day over the darker prospect of a nuclear armed Middle East.

drkrn

Iran will get squashed if they ever try to fight a conventional war. You can have 2 million ground troops, but without an air force it won't matter. Also, I don't think America is willing to get dragged into another guerrilla-styled war.
you forgot one thing wars can be won with air force in air, but war gets completed with infantry on ground.
air force is a protection and supplement for infantry

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I'm withdrawing my earlier claim that an Iranian weaponization of its nuclear program will not be a wrong, I was worn. It will not only be a wrong it will also be illegal on its part since it is a party to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

datguy79

you forgot one thing wars can be won with air force in air, but war gets completed with infantry on ground.
How did that work out for Saddam?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

I don't think the US will attack Iran to occupy it like Iraq. This would be too costly to the AMericans and they know it. Any action by them and their allies as you said will be waged by air. But when it is airwar that is waged the strategy is not to defeat the enemy in the way how Saddam was defeated but only for specific limited military goals, like destroying Iran's nuclear program or if it cannot be totally destroyed substantially degrading it so that diplomacy can have more time and muscle.

Last edited:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
I don't think the US will attack Iran to occupy it like Iraq. This would be too costly to the AMericans and they know it. Any action by them and their allies as you said will be waged by air. But when it is airwar that is waged the strategy is not to defeat the enemy in the way how Saddam was defeated but only for specific limited military goals, like destroying Iran's nuclear program or if it cannot be totally destroyed substantially degrading it so that diplomacy can have more time and muscle.
Keep living in your Pax Americana utopia, the day this juggernaut will come to a screeching halt, then there will be no place for people like you to escape and we will hunt you down.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Keep living in your Pax Americana utopia, the day this juggernaut will come to a screeching halt, then there will be no place for people like you to escape and we will hunt you down.

And keep living in your funny parallel World...

drkrn

valid points which i totally agree.but it will be limited only to a raid like what israel did on sudan but not a war.even this will be very difficult on assumption that iran has good air defense for these sites.
any attack on iran's nuclear sites will put more domestic pressure on iranian govt to continue its nuclear programme rather than stopping/halting

sanctions are now the best way.war should be last step

i personally feel iran shouldn't have nuclear weapons as it puts whole middle-east balances changed dramatically pushing every nation to have nukes

average american

At least it used to be that way, with the advent of the smart bomb I am not sure it still is. Again the Dragon Bridge in North Vietnam, 1200 bombs could not bring it down one smart bom could. Even during World War II there was those that advocated air war until German and Japn surrenderd.

You just cant assume because something was a certain way in the past it will be in the future...

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
^^Iran claims, they shot it over their territorial waters which would make US the aggressor in this case.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The Iranian pilots continued to fire shots that went beneath the Predator but were never successful in hitting it, according to the officials.
I again draw your attention to the above quote.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles