Iran: We produced domestic version of S-300 anti-aircraft missiles

Galaxy

Country flag
Iran: We produced domestic version of S-300 anti-aircraft missiles

Published 30.09.11

Iran has completed the production of a self-made version of the Russian S-300 missile, the country's official news agency Press TV said, over a year after Moscow cancelled a delivery of the sophisticated system to Tehran to comply with United Nations sanctions.

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev banned the delivery of the high-precision S-300 air defense system to Iran in September of 2010, scuttling a tentative deal in gestation for years, saying it would violate expanded UN sanctions imposed in June over Iran's defiance of demands to curb its nuclear program.

Iranian officials said after Russia scrapped the sale that Tehran had decided to build its own model of the S-300.

"Buying S-300 missiles from the Russia was on the agenda to meet some of the security needs of our country," said Mansourian. "But under the pretext of the (UN Security Council) resolution and due to American and Zionist pressure, Russia refused to deliver the defensive system."

On Friday, however, Iranian officials indicated that they have completed the production and deployment of a domestic version of the 3-00, with Iranian amry official Brigadier General Alireza Sabah saying that missile system has "proved once again that the country's enemies have been left disappointed in their desperate attempts to impose sanctions on Iran."

"The command and control center of this system is completely digital, sophisticated, and equipped with a simulator" and can receive signals, while functioning as part of a unified network of air defense to identify and track targets, Sabahifard said.

Iran: We produced domestic version of S-300 anti-aircraft missiles - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
How can Iran build its S-300 copy if Russia not provided it with the blueprints?

Zebra

Country flag
I think it is upgraded S-200 .

Last edited by a moderator:

Zebra

Country flag
SOURCE : wiki .

Current operators of the S-200,

Algeria - 10
Azerbaijan - 150
Bulgaria - [1] has 1 battalion.
India - [1]

Iran - [1] has about 200 launchers.

Kazakhstan - [1]
Latvia
Libya - 8 battalions.[1]
North Korea - 4 battalions.[1]
Myanmar - 20 launchers from North Korea
Poland - 2 squadrons.[1]
Syria - 2 battalions (8 launchers).[1]
Turkmenistan - [1]
Ukraine - [1] retained a number of sites after the breakup of the USSR, only S-200V remain in service.
Uzbekistan - [1]

S-200 , 5V21
Type Surface-to-air missile
Place of origin Soviet Union
Service history
In service 1967-present
Used by See list of operators
Production history
Designer Petr Grushin design bureau
Variants 5V21, 5V28, 5V28V
Specifications (5V28V[1])
Weight 7 100 kg
Length 10.8 m

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warhead Frag-HE
Warhead weight 217 kg
Detonation
mechanism proximity and command fuzing[2]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Propellant dual-thrust solid-fueled rocket motor
Operational
range 300 kilometres (190 mi)
Flight altitude 40,000 metres (130,000 ft)
Boost time 4 solid-fueled strap-on rocket boosters
Speed 2 500 m/s

Last edited:

agentperry

I see nothing wrong in copying.

Infact playing by the "rules" has not benefited us.
who said we played by the rules. get your source right you will see immense light. atleast i know the truth of ins arihant thru my source who is commander in charge of it.

Galaxy

Country flag
Kunal, Are we operating S-300 ?

This is some very old news
India has bought six S-300 batteries in August 1995 for $1 billion, probably the S-300PMU-2 version, believed to consist of 48 missiles per system

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kunal, Are we operating S-300 ?

This is some very old news
Cant say for sure, According my knowledge some of them send for research and some are deployed in protecting major cities..

Once Austin told me their was a test in desert and vehicle preform bad due to heat ?.. Dont know for 100% sure..

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
May be, I read many news like it is there in few cities like Mumbai, Delhi, etc. But never saw any image.
The Indian acquisition of S-300 has never been officially acknowledged kinda like the Bereg.

Immanuel

Country flag
well we do have s-300 and probably they have been upgraded by now and i hope i never see an s-300, if i had to spot it sitting just outside Delhi that would be sad. Better for such things to stay well hidden.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Pigs certainly are flying today!!!

Iran does have decent industrial capability, but i really doubt some of their claims some times.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
never been shown even officially in Republic Day Parade........

Iran S-300 shown in Parade
This picture was most likely of a dummy missile, has been debated before and discarded.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles