Iran starts paying Indian exporters in rupees

Discussion in 'Subcontinent & Central Asia' started by KS, Mar 2, 2012.

1. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

RPT-EXCLUSIVE-Iran starts paying Indian exporters in rupees | Reuters

3. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

A very well thought out move from both sides. The West should seriously introspect the absurdity of their actions when the intelligence communities of their own countries claim that Iran harbours no nuclear bomb ambitions at present.
    Kudos to the Indian Government also for having the balls to do something like this. It is time that a nation of 1.2 billions asserts its righteous might in the world, albeit peacefully.

4. Tolaha

Tolaha Senior Member Senior Member

I'm not sure how all this works. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong here. If India and Iran would trade in Rupees, then Iran would accumulate a huge number of rupees as India imports lot more (in Oil) than exports to Iran. With rupees accumulating in their accounts, Iranians would need to spend these somewhere. Wont they be forced to source more of their imports from India at this stage? Sounds to me that it would be hugely beneficial to India. So what's the reason this has not happened... is it because Iranians havent agreed for this in the first place, as it gives them not much benefit currently?

5. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Last month Iran stopped supplies to UK and France. How were these countries paying for their oil imports. And most importantly they have not stopped imports following pressure from the US rather Iran has stopped exports to them.

We need to follow the same route and stop this nonsense.