Iran ready to expand military links with Iraq

Discussion in 'West Asia & Africa' started by W.G.Ewald, Dec 25, 2011.

1. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

Iran ready to expand military links with Iraq - Telegraph

3. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Forced withdrawal by Iraqis? Hmm I may have been on a different planet.

Iran may try to play the Shia card and try to forge something here. Not sure though. The US will continue to call the shots in Iraq for a while.

4. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

Yesterday, I wrote about the co-operation between Iran and Iraq in a different thread in which NY passed a ruling implicating Iran in the 9/11. It looks like it is going the way envisaged by me in which Iran and Iraq will be drawn closer to each other in order to weaken the Saudi Arabia's hand in the Shia majority countries in the region. SA Kingdom will not sit back and let Iran control the States like Bahrein there will be a counter reaction and how far this escalates time will tell. In my opinion this will lead to armed conflict between Iran and Gulf countries. Can this lead to Independence for Kurdistan? I think the stage is set being for this event to occur.

The above scenario raises a question about the role of USA and NATO forces. Are they going to intervene with boots on the ground or they will only provide air support as was in the case of Libya? I think we should let them sort out their differences on their own and sell them ammunitions who ever is willing to pay for it.

It is a sad story that in spite of the mother nature gift of natural resources they cannot manage to put the differences aside and concentrate on human development. Over all it is bad KARMA of the past has come to haunt them. May the peace be upon the Planet Earth.

indian_sukhoi and Nagraj like this.
  5. Nagraj

Nagraj Regular Member

6. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

An issue in this was failure to reach a Status of Forces agreement, IIRC. US does not want its troops under Iraqi laws.

7. Armand2REP

Armand2REP CHINI EXPERT Veteran Member

The Iraqis already turned down Iran's offer to train their troops. They don't want much to do with them.