Iran ready to expand military links with Iraq

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Iran ready to expand military links with Iraq - Telegraph

General Hassan Firouzabadi hailed the "forced departure" of the US and allied forces that he said "was due to the resistance and determination of the Iraqi people and government," the state Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

The statements were made in messages Gen Firouzabadi sent to his Iraqi counterpart, Lieutenant General Babaker Zebari, and to Iraq's acting defence minister, Saadun al-Dulaimi, IRNA said.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Forced withdrawal by Iraqis? Hmm I may have been on a different planet.

Iran may try to play the Shia card and try to forge something here. Not sure though. The US will continue to call the shots in Iraq for a while.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Yesterday, I wrote about the co-operation between Iran and Iraq in a different thread in which NY passed a ruling implicating Iran in the 9/11. It looks like it is going the way envisaged by me in which Iran and Iraq will be drawn closer to each other in order to weaken the Saudi Arabia's hand in the Shia majority countries in the region. SA Kingdom will not sit back and let Iran control the States like Bahrein there will be a counter reaction and how far this escalates time will tell. In my opinion this will lead to armed conflict between Iran and Gulf countries. Can this lead to Independence for Kurdistan? I think the stage is set being for this event to occur.

The above scenario raises a question about the role of USA and NATO forces. Are they going to intervene with boots on the ground or they will only provide air support as was in the case of Libya? I think we should let them sort out their differences on their own and sell them ammunitions who ever is willing to pay for it.

It is a sad story that in spite of the mother nature gift of natural resources they cannot manage to put the differences aside and concentrate on human development. Over all it is bad KARMA of the past has come to haunt them. May the peace be upon the Planet Earth.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Iran successfully trolled USA in iraq.:rofl::pound:
seriously what were US generals thinking :frusty:
iraq is far from being stable :frusty:
An issue in this was failure to reach a Status of Forces agreement, IIRC. US does not want its troops under Iraqi laws.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The Iraqis already turned down Iran's offer to train their troops. They don't want much to do with them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles