Iran Nuclear Issue - Old World Order responsible

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The Iranians are marching along in their quest for nuclear weapons (alleged). Just some time back North Korea went nuclear. Though I don't want to put India in the same league as the nations mentioned so far, India too went nuclear which invited a tit for tat response from Pakistan. Israel is an undeclared nuclear power. South Africa was on its way before giving up. Several oter countries have been in quest of acquiring nuclear weapons. The one thing in common is that they are all third world previously colonized countries who for long loved under poverty. Over a period they were under one pretext or the other sanctioned and denied advanced technology by the old world.

Over a period of time, these nations using their resources both natural and human have been rising out of their poverty which was the result of the previous colonization by the west. The west which develops and holds advanced tech probably does not want most of these nations to rise to challenge their own pre-eminence. The west particularly holds advanced defense technology which it uses to force its will on others. We have seen enough examples of this over the years.

The old world over the years developed sanctions and technology denial regimes while it kept weapons of mass destruction in large numbers. It developed means like NPT, CTBT, MTCR but very steadfastly refused to get rid of all weapons of mass destruction for good though they have cut down their active arsenal partly because they could not afford them anymore.

The only way out for the countries in question was to acquire a deterrent. The west has over the years attempted regime change and implemented them as well. The acquiring of nuclear weapons rightly or wrongly gives a sense of security Libya which pursued nuclear weapons and then gave up, ultimately saw a regime change. On the other hand, North Korea which exploded an atomic bomb has been handled with kid gloves.

The "old world order" and it's hypocritical polices is what has made the world a more dangerous place.

parijataka

Country flag
After what happened to Saddam and Gaddafi and the kid glove treatment N Korea gets, Iran cannot be blamed for its quest for nuclear weapons (ostensibly they are doing it for `peaceful purpose`). Plus the fact that Iran sits on the 3rd largest petroleum deposits must be making them jittery.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I can understand why iran wants nukes and if i was an iranian i would want to have nukes also but im not an iranian and im an Indian instead so i dont want them to have nukes. Its not anything personal against iran since ideally i wouldn't want any country apart from us to have nukes.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
My modest proposal:

Let's allow Iran, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar to have nuclear weapons (on top of Pakistan and NOKOR). If Palestine gain independence they can have nuclear weapons too (or even without waiting for independence, they are free people they can decide for themselves, after all to acquire nukes is their natural right as a nation). They should not be held back by "old world" order...

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
BTW, Maldives under the new leadership now can have their nukes as well (they can start with the need for energy). No doubt Pakistan would be more than willing to help them in this endeavor...

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
My modest proposal:

Let's allow Iran, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar to have nuclear weapons (on top of Pakistan and NOKOR). If Palestine gain independence they can have nuclear weapons too (or even without waiting for independence, they are free people they can decide for themselves, after all to acquire nukes is their natural right as a nation). They should not be held back by "old world" order...
BTW, Maldives under the new leadership now can have their nukes as well (they can start with the need for energy). No doubt Pakistan would be more than willing to help them in this endeavor...
what loyalty you have to usa!! that you dont want nukes for your own country

:wave:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
An observe, you have poetry misread the OP. it is not an endorsement of more nations acquiring nukes but the cause of these nations wanting to acquire nukes because of the policies of the bigger powers.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
An observe, you have poetry misread the OP. it is not an endorsement of more nations acquiring nukes but the cause of these nations wanting to acquire nukes because of the policies of the bigger powers.

You think since we believe the West has not been fair to the Middle East that it's okay for that region to enter into a nuclear arms race?

Well the new Islamist Maldives government may actually think there's an urgent need to deter India from lunching an intervention to reinstate the deposed government (which was more or less favorable to India), India is a giant after all and Maldives, well a pygmy, and asks from Pakistan for crash nuclear deterrence program, would you apply the same reasoning you have in favor of Iran to Maldives?

Maybe we ASEANS just have a different world view with the Persians or South Asians... we are content to be "small" countries without ambitions of geopolitical domination (or wiping another country off the face of the earth).

Last edited:
Reactions: sob

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
good for you.

i also think you should not have nukes. :D

Things could change about nuclear power (depends on industrial demands), there are actually already plans, but definitely not about nuclear weapons.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Well the new Islamist Maldives government may actually think there's an urgent need to deter India from lunching an intervention to reinstate the deposed government (which was more or less favorable to India), India is a giant after all and Maldives, well a pygmy, and asks from Pakistan for crash nuclear deterrence program, would you apply the same reasoning you have in favor of Iran to Maldives?

BTW, you're reasoning will inevitably lead to proliferation for Iran cannot be taken in isolation.

Maybe we ASEANS just have a different world view with the Persians or South Asians... we are content to be "small" countries without ambitions of geopolitical domination (or wiping another country off the face of the earth).
You have still not understood the op :tsk:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
lmao...you wont be allowed even if you wanted too.

and that is a fact.

Nuclear power plants? We have a raging debate about it since the government is planning of 2 plants. The Fukushima disaster has only strengthened the opposition. If you're referring to weapons you're right.

sob

Mod
Country flag
But did anybody notice how the controls rods were being inserted by the Iranians. They were being lowered by a wire and pulley arrangement and the fact they went into the slot at all called for some slick maneuvering or good old fashioned editing of the footage.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You have still not understood the op :tsk:

Don't be condescending. I know what he meant by the OP, he's blaming the West for the sake of blaming (since he's not offering a solution to the current empasse - granting we all agree that nuclear proliferation is not good for the World). What I posted was what was the implication of letting Iran off the hook on this issue just because of "old world" sins (which was unsaid in the OP).

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Don't be condescending. I know what he meant by the OP, he's blaming the West for the sake of blaming (since he's not offering a solution to the current empasse). What I posted was what was the implication of letting Iran off the hook on this issue just because of "old world" sins (which was unsaid in the OP).
Allright now explain to me why the west was against India having nukes ? I dont recall India saying we would invade anyone or nuke whole of europe.

The op is spot on...the west wants to retain power and advanced tech. No one is saying iran should have nukes either but at the same time we should not forget that the west has created many mechanisms to keep power to themselves.

This is a power tussle..you choose to ignore it while the op doesn't.

johnee

You think since we believe the West has not been fair to the Middle East that it's okay for that region to enter into a nuclear arms race?

Saar,
the point is that other countries want to have power, so that nobody will meddle in their affairs. If you dont have the power, then sooner than later others will start interfering in your affairs(including internal affairs). And before you know, you will be either enslaved or ruled by a puppet. So, people want to guard against the situation.

Nukes are perceived as a guarantee against any invasion. So, there is a race to acquire them. Without nukes, countries like Pakistan or NoKo may not have survived. So, the race for nukes has to be seen as a race for survival(of countries or its rulers). It is not a race for power only...

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Allright now explain to me why the west was against India having nukes ?

The op is spot on...the west wants to retain power and advanced tech. No one is saying iran should have nukes either but at the same time we should not forget that the west has created many mechanisms to keep power to themselves.

This is a power tussle..you choose to ignore it while the op doesn't.

Nobody is ignoring anything. I cannot answer for the West why it opposed India's acquisition of nuke tech and weapons. I can only assume that it had something to do with proliferation (you think the US had plans to level India with thermo nuclear weapons?).

Look I can no longer wish that America or India shouldn't have acquired nukes, this is water under the bridge, I am concerned now only of proliferation. After Iran, who is/are next? You cannot deny that the ME is a very unstable region and we simply cannot predict what will happen to their nukes (if they acquire them) down the road. The worry would even be more serious once their oil wells and revenues start drying up...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles