Iran fires radar-beating missile during Gulf drill

ashicjose

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran test-fired a new medium-range missile, designed to evade radars, on Sunday during the last days of its naval drill in the Gulf, the official IRNA news agency quoted a military official as saying.
The 10-day naval exercise coincided with increased tension in Iran's nuclear row with Western powers, after the European Union said it was considering a ban - already in place in the United States - on imports of Iranian oil.
"The mid-range surface to air missile which is equipped with the latest sophisticated anti-radar technologies has been successfully test-fired," Deputy Navy Commander Mahmoud Mousavi told IRNA.
Iran delayed testing its long-range missiles during the drill, saying the weapons would be launched in the next few days.
The United States and Israel say they have not ruled out military action against Iran if diplomacy fails to resolve a dispute over the country's nuclear program, which Tehran says is peaceful but the West says is a cover to build bomb.
Iran has long-range missile systems including the Shahab-3, which could reach Israel and U.S. bases in the Middle East.
In the past week Iran has threatened to stop ships moving through the strategic Strait of Hormuz if sanctions are imposed on its oil exports.
The threat has heightened tension between Iran and the West. The U.S. Fifth Fleet said it will not allow any disruption of traffic in the vital oil shipping route.

agentperry

in othr words they test fired stealth or highly maneuvering missile...useless sensationalism

ashicjose

1.what you guys think, if a war break-out will china and russia support iran by their military.
2.what will be the consequences for our country becoz more than 20% of our oil import is from iran.

ashicjose

don't dump iran, if some pirates can make havoc in high seas the persian can do better.

agentperry

1.what you guys think, if a war break-out will china and russia support iran by their military.
2.what will be the consequences for our country becoz more than 20% of our oil import is from iran.
even without war we are finding it difficult to import from iran. china and russia's support depends on the the activity of nato and usa. if nato and usa were quick enough to cause significant damage to iran's navy and air force along with their war sustaining infra then russia and china factor is of now use. something might come up in un meet but then it will be us+uk vs russia and china.

ashicjose

the political situation in russia, the energy thirsty china and the syrians may help iran.

agentperry

russians can be tamed via missile shield and europe, china wont go into war moreover it wont escalate tension with usa right now.
i doubt they will try to interfere in us-iran tension...

but attacking iran is not an event which can be studied in isolation. its neighbors, arab league and sunni kingdoms. in the end i dont see usa and iran as enemy say 10 years from now and chances of us/nato mounting full scale war on iran is also beyond sight, at most usa may attack few sensitive sites of iran showing what they can do and rest the polity of afghanistan will take care of

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Iran is claiming so.

What are comments of others?

Blackwater

It's high time we should give Islamic Thakedari to Iran . They have demonstrated how to be true Muslim, not like pakistanis, Jo 20$ me apni maa ko bhi bach dete hae..:scared2::scared2::scared2::scared2:

agentperry

It's high time we should give Islamic Thakedari to Iran . They have demonstrated how to be true Muslim, not like pakistanis, Jo 20$ me apni maa ko bhi bach dete hae..:scared2::scared2::scared2::scared2:

there is a word for these guyz dude...dont use offensive lang..

say PATHOLOGICAL LIAR

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
:lol::lol:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

100% Russia and China are not going to send in boots to shore up Iran in case of a war with NATO or USA. They can send weapons though and other high tech gears, plus the usual UN spoiling actions. I doubt if China and Russia can even offer moral support if Iran is seen as the aggressor in case it unilaterally blockade the Straight...

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
From do the Iranis get their technology ?

Do they have Scientists to develop such technology on their own ?

Are the Russians helping them ? :confused:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
USA should just follow the Libya example with Iran, i am sure they have enough desent inside and all they need is air support. Hope USA does not pull a another stupid invasion and lose support all over the world. I support USA not Islamic mulla rulers of Iran.

djuksoni

Country flag
Don't forget 1970-ies, and carter's defeat in Iran. Iran was USA ally in that time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles