Iran calls India a Zionist regime

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
As I've predicted all along cozying up with Israel won't help with India's relationship with muslim countries. India might get a lot of weapons from Israel right now, but the muslims control pretty much all the world's oil reserves, so in the long run getting too close to Israel is guaranteed to backfire.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
As I've predicted all along cozying up with Israel won't help with India's relationship with muslim countries. India might get a lot of weapons from Israel right now, but the muslims control pretty much all the world's oil reserves, so in the long run getting too close to Israel is guaranteed to backfire.
All lanes to east Asia/Oceania pass through Indian ocean. Blockade for few days will bring these so called Muslim nations to understand the value of India after loss of business. BTW Arab nations are American puppet purchasing weapons, i can not see any back fire so far. Iran has yet to make any statement against oppression of Uighur Muslims.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I would have got agitated it this had been spoken by Ahmadinejad but it has been spoken by Ali Khamenei. Nothing outrageous to call him Osama Bin Laden minus Al Quida. He was the cause behind Iran-Iraq war, he calls for pan Islamic world and etc.

And TOI is not wrong in pulling rest of muslim world on their attitude towards kashmir. We very well know what resolutions OIC passes regarding their thoughts on Kashmir.
Iran Iraq was not caused by Iran, by a long shot! It was Iraqi aggression in its totality and war was started by Iraq. do read up on it. Saddam tried to make use of the chaos following the revolution.

Lastly, this is not the Khomeini who was ruler during Iran Iraq War. This is his successor.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
All lanes to east Asia/Oceania pass through Indian ocean. Blockade for few days will bring these so called Muslim nations to understand the value of India after loss of business. BTW Arab nations are American puppet purchasing weapons, i can not see any back fire so far. Iran has yet to make any statement against oppression of Uighur Muslims.
India is not US. Just because US can do it does not mean India could do the same. US has been supplying weapons to Taiwan, but you don't see China supplying weapons to Cuba, why? because that's the way it is. Muslim counties can not afford picking up a fight with US, but they are perfectly in position to do so with India. Right now India depends more on the arabs/persians (oil and money channel back by indian labour) than the other way around.

Further more, without US's active participation India is not any where close to setting up a blockade in the arabian sea. Air forces from the gulf-states armed with the latest goodies from the west, such as F15E, F16Block60, Euro Fighter would literally eat IAF & IN for lunch.

Parthy

Air Warrior
India summons Iranian envoy over Kashmir remarks

NEW DELHI: India on Friday summoned the Iranian charge d' affaires and conveyed its "deep disappointment" over comments on Kashmir emanating from Tehran.

"We have conveyed to the Iranian authorities our deep disappointment and regret that they have chosen to disregard our sensitivities and chosen to question our territorial sovereignty," a government source said.

The government reaction came to the message of Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to Haj pilgrims in which he has appealed to the Muslim elite worldwide to back the "struggle" in Jammu and Kashmir, equating the state with the "nations" of Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan.

External affairs ministry's Joint Secretary Y.K. Sinha summoned the Iranian charge d' affaires to his office Friday and conveyed the Indian government's sentiments, said sources.

It was pointed out this was not the first time. Khamenei had made a similar statement in July this year.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...remarks/articleshow/6954470.cms#ixzz15jnqKFNN

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Tony
India is not US. Just because US can do it does not mean India could do the same.
I love when people under estimate India specially when they rant as well.
In Asia, Independent India has done better things to protect democracies and has changed maps, better than USA could. The prime example is Bangladesh and Maldives.

US has been supplying weapons to Taiwan, but you don't see China supplying weapons to Cuba, why? because that's the way it is..............................................................................................................
LOl, yes its the way it should be for China but not for India. Indians have saner heads to presume with whom we could have possibility of war. Your Cuba China example is over stretching of imagination.
China do not have spine to go against USA. American were ready for nuclear war and battlefield both, against Russia who was supporting Cuba. China is not ready for the same till today. Anyone can count the numbers of unassembled nukes China has on its fingers.

It is India who has not bent to any pressure to sign CTBT/NTP, refused American planes for refills during both gulf wars. Condemned Israel's attack on flotilla with Palestine aid; upfront. First and biggest aid provider to Palestine people after recent Israel offences. Few months back supported Pakistan floods with more aid than what China did. Our think tanks still have the guts to condemn radical whhabi Islam in front of Saudi Arabian diplomats. India has never tried to change the English definition sovereignty like Chinese proxy Pakistan did. Just recently I heard that Asian superpower China during Asian games sucked big time of a Arab nation and changed the name of Persian gulf to Arabian gulf.

Anyhow my post was a mine trap to bring out troller withing you . I am very well aware of what these Muslim nations are capable of doing militarily or politically against India. Your theory of Isreal India friendship and animosity of Muslim world is a epic failure.We are dealing with Israel for a long time. We have better relationship with countries like UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia; doing business very well, just singed couple of billion dollar trade. If you want to name few more nations from that part of the world then i will say not worthy to mention. Whom else would you mention, yemen, Iraq or Iran?

BTW if you know a bit of geography then i must tell you that we will not place our assets to block east Asia some where in red sea of Arabian sea so that these Muslim nation could plan counter on it. Straits of Malacca will do the trick for us. Please feel free to tell me the range of these latest plans flying some where from Tehran to Andaman Nicobar. We will chew them all before entering our waters.

Phenom

Iran regime has moved clearly into the path of hard-line Islamism, I can't see how India could maintain friendly realation with such a country, even if India wants too.

If the choice is between Israel and Iran, then Israel looks like a far safer bet for India than Iran.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Iran Iraq was not caused by Iran, by a long shot! It was Iraqi aggression in its totality and war was started by Iraq. do read up on it. Saddam tried to make use of the chaos following the revolution.

Lastly, this is not the Khomeini who was ruler during Iran Iraq War. This is his successor.
Fear regarding spreading of Ruhollah Khomeini famed Islamic Revolution to Iraq and his call to overthrow Saddam Hussain is considered as one of the driving force behind initiation of Iran-Iraq war. Though obviously Saddam Hussain had set various objectives to achieve through that war and technically Iraq was aggressor. And i did not said he was the prime cause or sole cause.

BTW sorry for quoting somebody when writing for someone else, i got mixed up between Khomeini and Khamenei.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Suddenly it makes sense to be an non-aligned country! USA is a polarizing figure and taking sides with them will definitely have a backlash. The question is are we going to give up Iran and move to Uncle Sams trusted oil source the Saudis who are now moving closer to us. Either way US with Iraq has more oil power than Iran. The problem is if Iran joins hands with Pakistan, then we really have a long term problem.

niharjhatn

Suddenly it makes sense to be an non-aligned country! USA is a polarizing figure and taking sides with them will definitely have a backlash. The question is are we going to give up Iran and move to Uncle Sams trusted oil source the Saudis who are now moving closer to us. Either way US with Iraq has more oil power than Iran. The problem is if Iran joins hands with Pakistan, then we really have a long term problem.
Unfortunately, apart from maybe the UAE, all the islamic nations stay aligned with each other, and any differences are forgotten with regards to the US or India. A fight for one is a fight for all.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Unfortunately, apart from maybe the UAE, all the islamic nations stay aligned with each other, and any differences are forgotten with regards to the US or India. A fight for one is a fight for all.
Well but so far Iran has not financed terrorists against us like it does against Israel with Hezbollah. We dont want the inhabitants of Kargil who are Shia muslim and mostly pro India join hands with Sunnis in the valley... US wont stick with us and Iran is a neighbor, so its better to keep some sort of friendship with them.

ejazr

Ambassador
India summons Iranian envoy over Kashmir remarks
This is about time. AFAIK this is the third time that Kashmir was mentioned by Khameni this year in the context of Gaza or Afghanistan.

We will have to wait and see how this plays out over the coming months and see if Kashmir is mentioned again in a similar context.

The other thing is that there was the recent announcement of India having military exercises with Saudi armed forces in March 2011 and also establishing a mountain warfare college for Saudi forces fighting along Yemen. This is possibly more extensive co-operationg in military areas than we have had with Iran and this could be the reason.

The Israel factor is being overanalysed as mentioned by tony is being overanalysed here. India hardly can make much difference to the support US provides to Israel. And India's help to Palestine has not diminished.

Another factor is that Khamenei has been having a hard time since Ahmedinajad's re-electionin getting approval from the senior shia clerics of Qom and other parts of Iran. They consider him to be too dictatorial and taking too much interest in politics. The traditional shia clerics are apposed to politicised version of shia Islam that Khamenei wants to continue. There have been open letters from senior clerics asking him to step down even. So this is own way of polarising opinion in his favor. Though I don't see it working.

ejazr

Ambassador
I am not sure what you mean by "Islamic nations stay aligned with each other" or "fight for one is a fight for all".

The point is the issue is not about Islam at all and should not be raised as such. Its a political dispute and that is it. The Kargil way is an example where no country supported Pakistan for violating the LoC. This included Saudi Arabia and Turkey among other countries because of a matter of principle. Infac, China and mainly the US came to help out Pakistan inits time ofneed.

The reality is that the US and China together have provided Pakistan more assitance and support than any muslim majority country in the world over its 60 year history. China has effectively made Kashmir a tilateral dispute by giving stapled visas to Kashmiris and incursions in Ladakh as well as projects in Gilgit Baltistan areas. Something no other country is doing.

India's stance is that Kashmir is a bilateral dispute between India and Pakistan which should be resolved bilatrally. And almost every country including muslim majority countries support this view. There statements will usually be around urging India and Pakistan to discuss and resolve the Kashmir dispute in a bilateral manner without mentioning the role of UN or US involvement.

Now I would expect that in the next exchange of bilateral visits Iran should be made to publicly restate this stand i.e. that it is a bilateral matter to be neogitiated between India and Pakistan.

Last edited:

ahmedsid

Top Gun
India Abstained against Iran during the Human Rights vote in the UN. This can be a sign too, that next time it will be a YES, and not an abstain! Iran should get its act together and understand that the world cannot Hate the USA like it does. All nations have their own agendas!

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
We should ignore what the mullahs have to say, they are the most idiotic race and geo-politics does not depend on what a mullah has to say even he is an ayatollah.

You will be surprised to know that these mullahs of Iran say constant BS about US, however, Iran is one of the most important component of "war on terror" against wahabbis and taliban in Afghanistan, all these mullahs jumping out of their cocoons with islamic rantings is a big farce and its for their own Ummah, moreover, they go silent when their govt. takes a decision to support a Zionist regime. Same goes for the commies of Latin america and other parts of the world.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles