IPL will miss Pakistani cricketers: Akram

Do you think India will miss Pakistani players in IPL 2011?

• Total voters

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Who are the six people who voted Yes and Maybe? Have so many Paki members viewed this thread and voted on it? Or is it the Chinese up to their all-weather friendship again? :noidea:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Who are the six people who voted Yes and Maybe? Have so many Paki members viewed this thread and voted on it? Or is it the Chinese up to their all-weather friendship again? :noidea:
Actually, all are Indians. Their opinion though.

agentperry

if IPL is all about Indian people, then i guess no. no one will miss pakistanis on field. but yes everyone will be eager to see apki players seeing the event from keyhole and glaring players' sports car

Galaxy

Country flag
IPL is damaging Indian player who play in International matches.

Most of the important players played in 2011 IPL even when most of them were either injured or tired. Still, They played due to commitment based on money. After that, We lost very badly in England. One of the worst.

On one hand, Playes Like Sachin and Shshwag missed half of the Test + ODI in 2011 but they played all IPL matches.

Again, We will be going to Austrlia for 2 month tour then Asia Cup and 2 month IPL too in April next year.

IPL is good but few regular Indian player like Sachin, Shehwag, Dhoni should avoid. They should preserve their energy and stamina for international matches. May be we can give more chances to tier 2,3 + Overseas players and will serve purpose in better way.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
Could not resist after seeing the watching india and West Indies t20 match today a ironic clip. one can also look at the recent cricket Asia cup where a paki cricketer hits a good score to win against india of a tournament and suddenly they are telling the world that all is well with Pakistan cricket and they are going to win the tournament (funny they forget there are others). today there was pictures of the paki cricketers enthusiastically (only) watching the india and West Indies t20 cricket match from the stands and it made me think these chaps would love to be playing in Ipl since nearly all the players they were watching would be doing. It also demonstrated a whole lot that is wrong with Pakistan.

They are still unable to participate in Ipl and no one visits the country to play cricket and they are watching the teams playing with players that earn handsomely who are actually liking playing the game together. No offence but what does that do to a paki cricketer psyche. It must demoralise them.

For added message delivery when people like wasim akaram and raja come on india television they ought to be asked discreetly what are they doing there ... There must be a big paki audience right!! Threaten them with a ban once in a while ... Does wasim akram have a Australian passport now.

Ipl in Dubai - that is as close as it gets to smarting the pakis. Don't be surprised the maximum efforts that will be made to try and tarnish by using match fixing methods.

Blackwater

@ neo wats ur take on this? u feel jealous or feel proud that pakis player out of IPL

Neo

@ neo wats ur take on this? u feel jealous or feel proud that pakis player out of IPL
Jeaous? :lol: Most certainly not!
Where is the glory in playing IPL and being white washed in international cricket over and over again like India? :lol:
No I would not want my players to join IPL even if they were allowed to.
There's still EPL where many Pakistanis have made it to the top over the years.

bose

Country flag
Where is the glory in playing IPL and being white washed in international cricket over and over again like India? :lol:
Read post#3 ... :tsk:

Compersion

Country flag
Perhaps it was a better question to ask if the Paki Cricketers and PCB feel jealous and regret not being part of IPL and boycotted by world. Who cares what the average Paki thinks. The feelings and belief of the Paki Cricketers and PCB personnel would have more cognizance with the Paki Government and Military. Also what is the official PCB position.

Further what is the reason they are not playing in IPL ... ouch!! and it is insulting they do not acknowledge that. What is the list of Pakis playing in EPL. There must be many ... any notable ones (thats no disrespect to EPL).

And when it will be held in UAE where there is a paki diaspora there will be silence i am sure - but it is their own fault.

It would be good if IPL has urdu, and paki centric messages for the paki audience in UAE and nearby region. it would be fantastic to see the Paki government ban the IPL to be watched by Pakis. A bit like the recent NY Times article - it is in their best interests!!

Last edited:

Blackwater

dont make fun of pak player. ask them their tan-man machal raha ha IPL me jane me.

due to not able to participate in IPL they indulge in match and spot fixing

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I wonder if anyone will miss any cricketer.

The whole thing is so fixed that all one i.e. the gamblers can do is not miss the 'fixers' prediction. That is if one can make contact with them.

If the Pakistanis do not speak in this way and ignores the IPL as such, it will do them a lot good; or else, it does show disappointment at not being able to stash away the fortune IPL provides!

Neo

Read post#3 ... :tsk:
What about it? I was asked for my personal opinion and I gave it.
I donot support the idea of Pakistani cricketers playing in India.

Compersion

Country flag
In fact the Paki cricketers ought to think of themselves and tell everyone they are much more important. Some-say they get a raw deal for what they give and have given to Pakistan. The Paki Cricketers are much lower in the treatment and respect compared to military and even politicians. In fact the Paki Military controls the PCB and ultimately so what they accepted bribes they can say because they earn pennies compared to the rest of the world and looking at what the paki military does and what the paki politicians do ... they deserve much better. The Paki cricketers are suffering because of what the Military and Politicians have done.

I mean there are some good players in Paki cricket team yet they are bystanders when it comes to international cricket. It would be fantastic to see how each and every Paki Cricketer and PCB member and leader feels when the IPL opening ceremony is held and also matches played in UAE. Perhaps they need to ban IPL for the same reason they banned the NYT article (to safeguard). Perhaps one will hear some reaction ...

I am sure everyone in Pakistan thinks the idea of Pakis not playing in India is good they dont want any money and integration with the rest of the world - Pakistan does not need that. No one wants to see the Paki Cricketers and their families and the PCB leaders and cricket in general in Pakistan happy and that includes the Paki people.

Compersion

Country flag
What about it? I was asked for my personal opinion and I gave it.
I donot support the idea of Pakistani cricketers playing in India.
You sure like to take pleasure that is derived from the misfortunes of others (the Paki Cricketers).

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Forget Paki players but IPL SHOULD BE BANNED as its simply a gambling/fixing platform where viewers are cheated big time.

Seems like everyone forgot how IPL fixing took centerstage in tv channels for long time few months back.

The focus is taken off from normal Test/ODI's due to this crappy IPL tamasha.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles