IPL snubs Pak players

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Guys have made a petition as per Thakur sahab's format. Please sign it and help us to highlight these racist extremists.

Link of the petition - Report Sohail Tanvir For His Racist Remarks Petition

Please popularise this via facebook, twitter, orkut, myspace etc.

Please tweet - I signed the "Report Sohail Tanvir For His Racist Remarks" petition! Report Sohail Tanvir For His Racist Remarks Petition #petol
SinghJi, I signed the petition. However, the non Hindi-Urdu speaking person won't understand the meaning of "Hindu Jahaniyat". It would be good to have a translation there for the benefit of these people.

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_why-should-pak-players-security-be-on-us-shilpa-shetty_1338150http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_why-should-pak-players-security-be-on-us-shilpa-shetty_1338150

The giggle had vanished. There was tension in the air as Shilpa Shetty broke her silence over the controversy surrounding her team’s decision not to buy any Pakistani player at the Indian Premier League (IPL) III auction.

“It’s my right. I don’t owe (anyone) a clarification,” said the agitated co-owner of Rajasthan Royals. On Friday, the actor said the franchisees were only playing it safe.

“It was not a contrived decision to not bid for the Pakistanis. A security threat is constantly looming on us because of some political parties and looney groups. Why should it (players’ safety) be on us?” asked Shilpa.

“We missed out on some of the greatest players. But we selected players according to our needs and, most importantly, those who would be available throughout the tournament.”

The alleged snub has frayed tempers across the border with several cricketers demanding an apology from the Board of Control for Cricket in India and the IPL.

“Why should I apologise? Do I have to do that to players from Australia, England and other countries who were not bought despite them being among the 66 players at the auction?” asked IPL commissioner Lalit Modi. “There has been no conspiracy.”

Shilpa and Modi failed to understand the brouhaha over the issue. “People must understand our decision and treat it maturely in India and Pakistan,” she said.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I don't understand why the Indian owners should be asked to offer an explanation in the first place. The IPL is the world's most prestigious and only tournament of its kind, and being selected for it is a privilege, not a right. No one has the right to complain for not being selected whatever the reason-especially Pakistanis.

It is even more of a privilege for a Pakistani to play in the IPL given past Indo-Pak history. They might wish that Indians treated them the same as players from other countries, but if wishes were horses, beggars would ride!

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Yes this sense of entitlement and raising bogeys like being a "world champion" (after the whitewash to Australia!) is really mind boggling.

We owe them nothing. If they are selected for IPL, they should report for duty sharp at 9:00 AM, else stay at home.

There is no employment scheme to hire useless players in IPL.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Vinodji the transliteration and translation of the offending portion if possible
Transliteration: Hinduon ki jahaniyat hi aisi hai. Unhone aisa kar diya.

Hindi: हिन्दुओं की जहनियत ही ऐसी है. उन्होंने ऐसा कर दिया.

Translation: Hindus have such a mentality. So they did it.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Got the petition on my mail 10 minutes back and I have signed it immediately.

Also I have forwarded to all my contacts in my address book, so there should be plenty of action.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
It is catching fire! More than 100 signatures now. When do we plan to forward to the media and the cricket authorities?

prahladh

Respected Member
Vinod2070 - 12:50 AM 24-01-2010
Just share with TOI and watch it grow! ;)
Not when "Aman ki Asha" Aman ki Asha - Times of India is in progress.

I did mail them to their ID's. I guess others did too. If someone has direct contacts with media it would be better.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
All this IPL drama creation by pakistan players,govt,politician media is just another smoke screen.pakistanis have a sense of entitlement that india and world owe them but its other way round-pakistanis live on false sense of self respect.the better anology can be made when we encounter some beggars who r shooed away by people they tend to swear same the case with pakistanis.secondly they tend to invent hidden hand of indi-israel-usa in every failure of theirs.See how a simple business decision has be made like an international conspiracy by pakis.watever be the case wait another 15 days to 1 month u'll see same growling pakis begging to lilt modi like they did in world cup 2011 case.watever it is but i luv it:twizt:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador

I did mail them to their ID's. I guess others did too. If someone has direct contact with it would be better.
mate please share those email ids with us so that we can all keep buzzing them. i have also emailed but no response so far, but then in no way we let our guard down.

can someone please take all this to facebook, twitter, orkut etc, any kind of help required just buzz the mod team around. on our part we are trying to collaborate with other online indian defence forums.

lets make this big and make it a lesson for all racists that they cant get away easily.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
i think it were the same pakistani players like afridi who after winning 2009 t20 world cup were giving statements of demanding their respective franchiese to raise their contract prices.coz they r world champions.Just to convey this in Hindi it’s a saying: “Bin Maange Moti mile, mange mile na bheekh.” Meaning: without asking one may get a pearl, but on asking one may get just a penny.same is the case with pakis in ipl fiasco

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador

I did mail them to their ID's. I guess others did too. If someone has direct contacts with media it would be better.
You have a point. However I think they will still take it up.

This is their bread and butter. That was a one time dish. :viannen_10:

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
i think it were the same pakistani players like afridi who after winning 2009 t20 world cup were giving statements of demanding their respective franchiese to raise their contract prices.coz they r world champions.Just to convey this in Hindi it’s a saying: “Bin Maange Moti mile, mange mile na bheekh.” Meaning: without asking one may get a pearl, but on asking one may get just a penny.same is the case with pakis in ipl fiasco
Now he knows where he stands. A big mouth with zero performance to show in IPL. Even in international cricket, he has been mediocre for the most part.

atleast_a_bronze

Country flag
No IPL ever, says Pak board

Pakistan will not allow any of its players to take part in future editions of the Indian Premier League (IPL).

Speaking to Hindustan Times on Saturday, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Ijaz Butt said: “We are never going to allow our players to participate in IPL again. What they (IPL) did is not only embarrassing, it is also an insult to us.”

This is the first time since the January 19 IPL players’ auction that the PCB chief has reacted with specific accusations. Butt called the snub a “conspiracy” against Pakistani cricketers and said the “entire incident was pre-planned”.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Mark my words, when they see other players going back home with boatloads of cash and endorsements, they will be the ones protesting against their board to let them come and sit on the gatta for next years' auctions.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
I think the Pakistanis overplayed their hands last year when they said the Pakistani players will not attend the IPL because of the security issues (in the wake of 26/11).

Now IPL is making sure they know what is what.

We don't need them, they need us. That is the plain fact.

atleast_a_bronze

Country flag
For once the Pakistanis wanted to be Indians...A nice piece in expressbuzz

About people not in our league

Sushil Ku T

It is the Indian Premier League not the Pakistan Premier League! But, Boy O! Boy, the way the Pakistanis went on the offensive after the IPL franchisees didn’t bang the hammer on the heads of the likes of Shahid Afridi somebody would have thought it was their fundamental right as ‘Indians’ to be part of the cricketing jamboree.

I say downright pathetic if it wasn’t so tragic. Mohammed Ali Jinnah must be squirming in his grave. His two-nation theory just got the boot from the people and government of the country he got his colonial master to carve out of India. The IPL has exposed the Pakistani envy and love for and of all things ‘India’. Partition was a mistake and nobody knows it better than our brothers and sisters the other side of Wagah.

Just for a couple of days at least the people of Pakistan, and that includes those who make up the Pakistani establishment, gave the impression, articulated the view, that they wanted to be Indians, that they would kill to be Indians. The cries of anguish and anger and disappointment gave that feeling away. Never have any country’s people reacted to a sports snub the way Pakistanis reacted to their players’ IPL exclusion, the most vociferous the Government of Pakistan, hurling threats to do this and that to Indians, tit for tat etc, etc…

All because of a game or two of cricket, may be four/five, on Indian soil? Damn right, hurt pride had a lot to do with the clamour to pay India in the same coin but having said that let’s not forget Pakistan has nothing in its chest — except the American F16 and, soon, US drones — to hit at India, or that India/Indians would want from them.

I can’t think of one thing. What does Pakistan have that Indians should envy or covet? They watch our movies, sing our songs and eat no different. Their celebrities get to be real celebrities only after they make it to a celebrity party in Bombay or Delhi. Their stand-up comedians get instant laughs only on Indian TV shows. And, to top it all, their top gunman is incarcerated in India and that true-blood Pakistani boy is ranting and raving that he is an Indian, his Pakistani mama is an Indian and his Pakistani father is an Indian and two days later he tells the court a few of the nine other Pakistanis who made up 26/11 attackers were Indians. If that does not show how much Pakistanis want to be Indians, what does?

They are so much like us, these people of a misguided country, that I can’t but feel a fondness for them. At the same time, I can’t but tell them it’s all their fault not anybody else’ that they are in such dire straits. Instead of the great Islamic republic the former Indians-turned-Pakistanis lead by Jinnah wanted to build, stands a religious-fundamentalist Frankenstein, gorging on its own citizens, strapping explosives round kids and blowing them up with the promise of 72 virgins waiting at someplace called Jannat, without even giving these children some basic sex education. At the rate at which they are blowing them up to smithereens there’s real danger that Jannat will, sooner rather than later, run out of virgins. Then what? No virgins. No suicide bombers! Besides, if all the virgins are up there, at someplace called Jannat, does that mean there are none in Jinnah’s experiment gone awry?

In my travels round the world in six years I’ve met a number of Pakistanis and got to be good friends with some of them. I have hailed cabs with a Pakistani behind the wheel and have been congratulated on my Bahut Saaf Urdu. I’ve sat down to dinner with a Pakistani general manager of a 4-star hotel with an Indian restaurant and chatted with him on everything under the sub-continental sky. I’ve had Pakistani colleagues who cracked the same jokes as Indians. I have also had a couple of nasty run-ins with a couple of real nasty Pakistani roughnecks. Even in these last two, I found a certain envy of things ‘India’ — the feeling that they knew they were not in our league.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

Shilpa shetty expressing her disgust of Pakistani players and their supporters for raising the bogey of loss of honor and dignity at the IPL snub of Pakistani players. :D

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
The snubbing of Pakistani cricketers seems to give a lot of Indians satisfaction of having the power to be exclusive and publicly humiliate the nationals of a country that is disliked (albeit for very serious reasons). This however is false contentment with no function other than self aggrandizement. The undercurrent here reads "we have put the Pakistanis in their place." Really? Well yippe doo dah, what exactly does this achieve?
NB ; Partial quote

IPL and the selection procedure is a commercial and independent venture .
To say that the pak players were "snubbeb" is a personal observation _ they simply were not chosen due to overiding commercial interests. After all in private enterprise, the directors and managers have the final say. How many pakistani companies or commercial enterprise hire foreign talent even though the aptly qualify ? do they apologise for that ?

L MOdi and S SHetty correctly asked the question if they also had to apologise to the players of other nations for not being selected.

that they were not selected is not a nation to nation matter but a matter of commercial enterprise in which no government has any say.

Only the pakistanis made a hue and cry about it , the other nationalities who also were not slelected took it in a good sportsmanlike spirit !

Only the paks complained - as if they had some rights ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles