Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
CHENNAI: "Are you ready for it?" If Piggy Chops asks you out for a party, can you ever say no?

It doesn't matter if Suresh Raina doesn't like her, the vivacious Priyanka set the stage on fire as Aaj ki raat became the perfect appetizer for the next 55 nights.

If you thought no party could ever match the real action, you should have been there. The two hours whizzed by, as if it was just a super T20 game, not even giving you time to catch your breath. If Amitabh Bachchan's recital of Prasoon Joshi's poem embodied all that is pure and beautiful in the sport called cricket, Salman Khan's medley of his own songs was like the slog overs of an innings. The excitement just didn't stop.

And then, of course, there was the girl from California, Katy. "We love you Katy," the posters had started going up right from the beginning, and when she hit the stage with "fireworks", the temperature rose by a few degrees on a balmy April evening.

It was goose-bump stuff right at the beginning, when Big B, in his baritone voice, recited: "Janam yadi fir se mile, to itna sa chahunga mein..." It seemed he was talking for every Indian who is so crazy about cricket.

When it's all about the game itself, how can the cricketers be far away? Chennai's domination of the Indian Premier League came up time and again and when Priyanka asked MSD whether he can make it three-in-a-row, the Super Singham smiled. "There are quite a few good teams. But we will give our best shot once again," Dhoni said, as the crowd burst into raptures.

When Kareena follows Priyanka, there's bound to be a sense of competition. As the Chammak Challo girl took the stage after the Jungli billi, Kareena fans got up from their seats. And Kareena made it sure that she didn't let her fans down.

Raina, clearly a member of the Kareena club, was over the moon. "Who did you like more? Kareena or Priyanka?" the left-hander was asked. "I think it was Kareena. Whatever she did was just awesome," Raina, pretty much in the party mood, said.

Kapoor, in the middle of all the Bollywood razzmatazz, tried to keep the cricket flavour going by asking Sourav Ganguly what makes the IPL so special. The former India captain talked about the platform that the tournament provides. "You have somebody like me or Gilly who have left cricket long back as one of the captains. And then you have a guy like Harbhajan leading another side...And then, of course there are all the young talented players who get the chance to showcase their talent," he said.

Ganguly, Dravid and Gilchrist really added a retro feel to the whole show, but one man who was missed was Sachin Tendulkar. It's hard to think of a union of top Indian players without the Little Master, but he was probably at his hotel room, preparing for the ball to roll on Wednesday.

http://m.timesofindia.com/PDATOI/articleshow/12524604.cms

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
As IPL returns to its fifth edition this year, Times of India gives you the lowdown on the teams and players who could shine bright in the lucrative T20 league .

FAVOURITES

Chennai: The defending champs are once again the team to beat. Crunch time for MS Dhoni as he looks to make it a hat-trick of titles. Bowling looks a little thin, though.

Mumbai: After the 2011 Champions League, new skipper Harbhajan Singh and his power-packed bunch will be hungry for their first IPL title.

Kolkata: The intense Gautam Gambhir heads a team with a lipsmacking star cast, including Yusuf Pathan and Jacques Kallis.

DARK HORSE

Delhi: Their fortunes have mirrored captain Sehwag's hit-andmiss style of batting. But the team boasts exciting batsmen and a fiery pace attack.

NEW STARS WHO COULD SHINE BRIGHT

Richard Levi (Mumbai): The South African went unsold at the auction but grabbed eyeballs after scoring the fastest T20 ton, off just 45 balls, against New Zealand. Comes in as replacement for Symonds.

Doug Bracewell (Delhi): New Kiwi pace sensation is also a handy lower-order hitter.

Tamim Iqbal (Pune): The explosive Bangladeshi opener could be partnering Sourav Ganguly at the top.

Andre Russell (Delhi): Equally destructive with bat or ball, could be the X-factor for his team this season.

TOP IPL PERFORMERS

TOI lists the top10 batsmen and bowlers in the league so far...
Batsmen
Matches
Runs
Average
SR
Shaun Marsh
Chris Gayle
Shane Watson
MS Dhoni
Mike Hussey
Suresh Raina
Matthew Hayden
Virender Sehwag
Sachin Tendulkar
Andrew Symonds
Batsmen with highest value calculated by multiplying average by strike rate. Cutoff: 20 matches

Bowlers
Matches
Wickets
Economy
SR
Lasith Malinga
Doug Bollinger
Amit Mishra
Farveez Maharoof
Ravichandran Ashwin
Munaf Patel
Rohit Sharma
Ashish Nehra
Pragyan Ojha
Harbhajan Singh
Bowlers with best value calculated by multiplying economy rate by strike rate. Cutoff: 20 matches

http://m.timesofindia.com/PDATOI/articleshow/12526786.cms

plugwater

Fixed or not!! It is always good to see Chennai raping other teams :)

Last edited by a moderator:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Fixed or not!! It is always good to see Chennai raping other teams :)
The fight is for only the second place....for the honor to face defeat at the hands of CSK in the finals..:sad:

PW, going to any matches ?

plugwater

The fight is for only the second place....for the honor to face defeat at the hands of CSK in the finals..:sad:

PW, going to any matches ?
LOL!!

Not in Chennai now Karthik :(

Once me and GK talked about going to a match but it didnt happen.

Blackwater

POOR PAKIS managed to complete their own version of local T-20 matches in hurry before IPL-5 ,out of fear that no nobody will watch them.

now all pakis channels is full of IPL news.even more than Indian channels:lol::lol::lol:

arya

Country flag
i personally feel ipl should be ban , its the beast way for batting i saw many person losing there money and now few of them sale there property.

arkem8

Country flag
i personally feel ipl should be ban , its the beast way for batting i saw many person losing there money and now few of them sale there property.
:pThe Pakistanis, Australians, Sri Lankans and English have been praying for this to happen for five years now..

arya

Country flag
:pThe Pakistanis, Australians, Sri Lankans and English have been praying for this to happen for five years now..
i want becuase i saw many young boys lost there money family in the game.

you i know some one who sale his house in batting , his 5 yr kid is living with her mother.
fact is that ipl is destroying the cricket and peoples thing a easy and fast way to make money .

dont you think its all about money not the cricket

arkem8

Country flag
i want becuase i saw many young boys lost there money family in the game.

you i know some one who sale his house in batting , his 5 yr kid is living with her mother.
fact is that ipl is destroying the cricket and peoples thing a easy and fast way to make money .

dont you think its all about money not the cricket
What?? Explain in Hindi, your English is not very clear..

arya

Country flag
What?? Explain in Hindi, your English is not very clear..
yaar don't you know how many money is involved on batting (sata) ??

i know many persons who lost everything in that ,and i know some one whose son is living with her mother because his father lost everything .

try to look the other side of coin .

arkem8

Country flag
yaar don't you know how many money is involved on batting (sata) ??

i know many persons who lost everything in that ,and i know some one whose son is living with her mother because his father lost everything .

try to look the other side of coin .
No one forced them to bet, while at it why not ban alcohol and tobacco?? When will it stop...People must mature and grow up, poor illiterate people fall prey more easily than others..

arya

Country flag
No one forced them to bet, while at it why not ban alcohol and tobacco?? When will it stop...People must mature and grow up, poor illiterate people fall prey more easily than others..
you are right so dont you think these thins should be banned , or should in legal way .

govt can earn lots of tax in legal way for those who can afford that .

well no clear policy

Rahul92

Guys add a poll which will win this season and also make it sticky for this 2 months

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles