Involvement of Lashkar-e-Tayyiba in attempted attack on Pakistani PM

Rushil51

Country flag
EVENT
After an extended gun battle on 18 July, Lahore police arrested two suspects whom they claim were involved in planning a major terrorist attack.

The incident took place on the Raiwind Road, just 3 kilometres (km) from the private estate of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. At least two police officers were killed and six others injured during the shootout. According to police sources, the suspects admitted to planning and reconnoitring the area for a potential attack on Sharif. They also admitted to having received training from Kashmiri militant group Lashkar-e-Tayyiba (LeT), which has traditionally not carried out attacks within Pakistan, focusing its efforts in India; LeT was most famously responsible for the 2008 Mumbai attacks.

Source (Involvement of Lashkar-e-Tayyiba in attempted attack on Pakistani PM raises terrorism risks in Punjab - IHS Jane's 360)

BridgeSeller

Re: Involvement of Lashkar-e-Tayyiba in attempted attack on Pakistani

Drone kills 15 Punjabi Taliban, Uzbeks - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

So pet dogs either out of ISI control or ISI(PA) itself is Talibanized

Both are good signs kill each other and i'm ready with my :popcorn:
I think there is more to this than meets the eye. Now, we know for fact that the LeT is another wing of the ISI. And if I remember correctly this Lahore encounter was spearheaded either by the bumbling local cops or everyone's favorite Cannon Fodder aka the hapless FC. Which leads me to think that this is a just warning shot to Nawaz Mia. Just a little something to keep Mia on his toes and let him know who the actual boss is. I am pretty sure the people who got their 72/arrested were just petty ghazis who have been posthumously branded pigLeTs.

After all, this is pa'astan, and what is the meaning of proof?

BridgeSeller

So what i mean is Politicians and ISI (PA) fighting each other for Rule the country and don't forget paki politicians also have Militant wings and Police force

PA(ISI) credibility in public all time low after 67 yrs
:shocked:

Now PA(ISI) vs Politicians for Rule both fight each other & only one winner either Politicians or Civil war both r good for us :popcorn:
Oh I agree completely! There is no doubt that there is a competition between the two in Pa'astan. Has there ever been a time when they didn't? If you recall this from yesterday: No martial law until three elections after NRO: Shehla Raza - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

The US has supposedly supported this 'no coup until 3 elections' farce. This is the understatement of the year. The US is making sure of this with that pesky clause which says aid dries up if the military takes over. Now, without their aid, how will askari enterprises and Fauji holdings etc. survive and how will the generals have their kids go to foreign schools in UKstan and USabad and get their Filipino maids?

So what can they do? Wait it out, make sure their influence does not wane by using alternate means to exercise control. I think that Mia is a but of a puppet and that this is a new type of soft coup. Maybe Mia was showing signs of resistance and they did this to show how easily they can hang him from the nearest lamp post is he does not listen.

Just my theory...

Country flag

If you look upon the working methods of the current NSA in his spy days- you'd find he most of time he turned the insurgents against their masters by bribing top commanders- now that the intelligence network as been constantly growing in Pakistan- such news should not be surprising specially keeping in mind who our current NSA is-

BridgeSeller

If you look upon the working methods of the current NSA in his spy days- you'd find he most of time he turned the insurgents against their masters by bribing top commanders- now that the intelligence network as been constantly growing in Pakistan- such news should not be surprising specially keeping in mind who our current NSA is-
Let's hope the new NSA, of whom I have very high hopes, can undo some of the damage done by I.K.Gujral in dismantling the network that we painstakingly built there. Can you give me some sources regarding the regrowth of this network? I would like to read what's going on. Thanks.

Country flag

Let's hope the new NSA, of whom I have very high hopes, can undo some of the damage done by I.K.Gujral in dismantling the network that we painstakingly built there. Can you give me some sources regarding the regrowth of this network? I would like to read what's going on. Thanks.
If such sources were available on public domain it won't be as successful- try to follow the developments- the reaction of military commanders on other side of border- read between lines- you'll get the point-

BridgeSeller

If such sources were available on public domain it won't be as successful- try to follow the developments- the reaction of military commanders on other side of border- read between lines- you'll get the point-
Hmmm... I'm generally good at reading between the lines in terms of political happenings but in this case, I am too inexperienced. Plus as I am always reading about what's going on over on the other side, I'm not familiar with what our guys have been doing. Here's to hoping your predictions are true!!!

Compersion

Country flag

Good compliance and also back end risk system seems they were able to catch their own rogues and deserters ...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles