Involve Singapore and Israel in our AMCA 5th generation fighter program

Param

When did the Israelis announce that they are planning to develop a 5th generation fighter ??? You have any link for this info, then please share. There's no news relating to this on the web. And mate, I think you are confused between the PAK-FA and FGFA !! PAK-FA is the Russian version of the T-50 and FGFA is the Indian version of the same ! They are different versions of the same aircraft, the Russian PAK-FA will join the Russian Air force as a single seat fighter and the Indian FGFA will join IAF as a twin seater version of the PAK-FA. So, we will be getting the FGFA and not the PAK-FA, since FGFA is designed according to our needs.
India will get 50 PAKFA & 200 FGFA

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I think our best bet would be with Australia, Israel, South Africa, Singapore, Japan,South Korea,Taiwan and Thailand. I am not saying all of them but at least some of them and a Joint Fighter would be better considering its such a huge project both financially and technologically for India to source parts and intellectual know hows.
Nice concept but I think it is best if we stick to Israel and possibly Singapore because they're more closer to us in relations than the others you mentioned.

1) Australia and Thailand

The kind of arrogance and cold attitude it has towards Indians for that tiny military they have is something we've seen in all spheres in last 5 years. We don't need a bunch of arrogant losers who can't even stand their ground without NATO's backing even against Malaysia and Indonesia like countries who have limited military influence. The kind of treatment they are giving to Indians on their land is despicable and no Indian would be interested in allying with them. They have ZERO experience in any advanced design and are equally clueless as Singapore in aircraft manufacturing. At least Singapore has stronger military ties and is a committed country to its contracts which means they have potential to be of good help due to their smart industrial base.

Thailand I doubt has any capabilities similar to Singapore and Australia in terms of aeronautics. Also they don't have an enemy that would require stealth fighters to counter.

2) Israel

Most ideal partner here for all reasons indicated before. An excellent tech source, a reliable strategic friend and we've got no issues with them. Already into LRSAM project with them so this would only augment relationship.

3) Japan and South Korea

Constitutionally forbids any sort of military cooperation whether technical or non-technical other than with USA and NATO. So no chance of them having on board. South Korea needs to be given a bit more time till they come out of their US-fascination and stand on their own feet in terms of defence.

4) Taiwan

Our coward government doesn't even have official ties with them and calls them a part of China so as "not to upset the People's Republic". If even recognizing them means so much for PRC, you think getting them involved in such an intimate project without any confidence built all these years will be cool with Beijing?! LOL.

5) South Africa

Good choice. They've had reasonable experience at aircraft building through Atlas (now Denel) and are close friends of ours. But I doubt they have an adversary where they'd be willing to spend $85-100 million per fighter to counter them. In fact, from what I heard, South African parliament went ballistic when Thabo Embeki government ordered JAS-39 C/D Gripens from Sweden! Who's going to fight them strong enough for them to get involved in a stealth fighter program? :funny_2:

neo29

plugwater

Why Singapore? If we are going to involve other countries in our AMCA project i would prefer Israel and Brazil.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Why Singapore? If we are going to involve other countries in our AMCA project i would prefer Israel and Brazil.
That's because Singapore is a lot more closer friend in defence than Brazil is. Please take a look at the ties they have with us. Even in economics, they are one of the top 5 partners of India. Singapore is also a strong supporter of us against Communist aggression and sees us as a counter-weight in case things go nasty. Also, they have the most modern armed forces in Asia qualitatively alongside Japan and South Korea. They might be rookies but throughout their history they have proven that they have a flair to learn tech stuff really fast. What's more.. they're an extremely rich country that can afford to buy committed fighters.

Param

Brazil? we are not yet close enough with Brazil. Brazil is selling some 100 anti-radiation missiles to Pakistan.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Lavi project chief had called for India Rusia Israel to co-develop a 5th gen fighter.

Ex-Lavi chief calls for new fighter, not $11 billion on F-35 - The DEW Line

It seems you like to comment without knowing facts. India will be buying Pak Fa and FGFA. Start searching facts before commenting on them.
This would be too-good-to-be-true case. I doubt Russia trusts Israel to that level unlike us. The irony in India and Russia closeness is that Russia's general band of friends don't suit us entirely and our band of friends don't suit Russians entirely. LOL. :happy_2:

Param

That's because Singapore is a lot more closer friend in defence than Brazil is. Please take a look at the ties they have with us. Even in economics, they are one of the top 5 partners of India. Singapore is also a strong supporter of us against Communist aggression and sees us as a counter-weight in case things go nasty. Also, they have the most modern armed forces in Asia qualitatively alongside Japan and South Korea. They might be rookies but throughout their history they have proven that they have a flair to learn tech stuff really fast. What's more.. they're an extremely rich country that can afford to buy committed fighters.
I like Singapore. But the fact that most Singaporeans are ethnic Chinese worries me.Who knows some day when China becomes very rich & powerful their Chinese brothers in other regions might want closer ties with the mainland.

plugwater

Yes Singapore is a major partner to us. But why are we involving another country in our project? Just to finish the project more faster rite ? So i am just asking why should we involve a newbie in aviation sector.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Yes Singapore is a major partner to us. But why are we involving another country in our project? Just to finish the project more faster rite ? So i am just asking why should we involve a newbie in aviation sector.
First of building an aircraft is a devilishly hard task. One nation can not build it apart from the exception of US and the former USSR no other country can go it alone, gone are the days you put together an aluminum aircraft with no proper radar or avionics. Today the avionics is the hard part, even in the west if you unscrew an BAe radar system you will see chips from Taiwan and Singapore, while other parts like engines are sourced or partnered. Our weakness is in our avionics and i guess Singapore can help us with that along with computerizing the engines and the flow systems. Off course we are getting better with airframes and metallurgy but it takes far more than that.

The only back draw would be some ethnic Chinese gets too fond of Uncle Chin and sells our accomplishment to them.

Last edited:

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
I think involving Vietnam, South Korea would make more sense plus we need a European partner like UK or France

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
The whole point of this AMCA is not to involve a big player into this. UK and France are already focusing on UCAVs as Rafales and Typhoons would be their last manned fighters. Check for NEURON of France and TARANIS of UK. Vietnam has only started developing military ties with us and I doubt that they could afford $85 million-100 million per piece stealth fighter right now; or else they would have ordered at least a 100 Su-30 MKV2s for their air force from Russia.

Please guys let's be practical in thinking of partners. Other than the big players from Europe, Russia and America, we have considered smaller yet smart alternatives and Israel fits the bill along with Singapore. South Korea is still in American trance to take a step on its own and so is Japan. Plus they are not as close yet to us as the 2 countries I said before.

JHA

Israel can be involved as partner but regarding singapore a lot has to be considered...

neo29

I think involving Vietnam, South Korea would make more sense plus we need a European partner like UK or France
Vietnam is way behind in technology, South Korea has not built a 4th gen fighter yet. Same goes for Singapore. If you want partnership in AMCA, do it with someone who has experience in building fighters.

sandeepdg

Lavi project chief had called for India Rusia Israel to co-develop a 5th gen fighter.

Ex-Lavi chief calls for new fighter, not $11 billion on F-35 - The DEW Line

It seems you like to comment without knowing facts. India will be buying Pak Fa and FGFA. Start searching facts before commenting on them.
You are quoting this article as your valuable fact !! This news also appeared in TOI, in which it was specifically stated by the Israeli government that these were the personal views of Mr. Moshe Arens and does not have any support from the defense forces or the government !! Unfortunately, I don't have the link for this article. I know my facts better than you do, pal. Rather than searching the web, just read the humble newspaper !

JHA

BTW Israel could be persuaded to make HMS for AMCA like they have made for F-35..

BrassBalls2007

Hi!! I'm Ajay. I'm interested in military hardware & fighter planes. I feel your suggestion is good but instead of involving Singapore we could just stop with Israel alone. When it comes to fighter planes I feel Russia will be the best nation that we can collaborate with; They are also the masters of T.V engines. I personally feel with the rise of China, Russia is of more strategic importance to us than any other. As we all are aware that the Russians are more reliable than the Americans. There is a growing level of coldness in the Indo - Russo relationship presently, Such projects & joint endeavors can help build trust & take the relationship to a different level. Relationship with Russia, Israel & France is of greater benefit than Singapore or Japan.

JHA

We are already collaborating with Russia for FGFA. If we involve russia then what is the use of two different fighters with same country.
Only use of developing AMCA is to go indigenous ...Involving Israel will only for some sub-systems ..

Patriot

Country flag
Guys! Republic of South Africa can be good partner from all the aspects. As they have experience in fighter plane development & related defence technologies. They do have established manufacturing set up of defence ancilliaries. We do have good political & strategic relationship with them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles