Investment guru quits India over Modi's lack of reforms

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
And on top of that we need Raul Vinci to be leading Congress since that's a guarantee that we see a Congress Mukt Bharat. :yey:

Lol! Rahul Gandhi was saying today that their efforts stalled the parliament proceedings and it was their success.

I_PLAY_BAD

Investment guru quits India over Modi's lack of reforms

September 3, 2015

US investment guru Jim Rogers said he had sold his India stock over the right-wing government's lack of progress on a promised policy overhaul to attract foreign investment and revive the economy (AFP Photo/Str)

Billionaire commodities investor Jim Rogers is pulling out of India after becoming frustrated with the pace of reforms being carried out by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, he told Indian financial newspaper Mint.

The Singapore-based hedge fund manager said he had sold his India stock over the right-wing government's lack of progress on a promised policy overhaul to attract foreign investment and revive the economy.

"I have sold all my India shares... I don't see anything happening," Rogers, chairman of Rogers Holdings, said in an interview with the business daily on Wednesday.

"I am sure Modi is a smart guy, he enjoys good press, and he makes a lot of friends for India. But I, as an investor, after almost a year and a half, have decided to move on to other places."

Despite being elected with a huge mandate in May last year, Modi's hoped-for shake-up had yet to materialise, Rogers said, attacking the country's notorious red tape, business restrictions and labyrinthine investment rules.

"I, as well as others, thought that Modi was going to change all this. With all these crazy laws and regulations, you make it difficult for foreigners to invest in India," he said.

Data released Monday showed India's economy grew 7 percent in the second quarter, placing it neck-and-neck with China but still disappointing investors, who had expected expansion of around 7.4 percent.

Many of Modi's key economic initiatives have hit roadblocks in recent months, with a national goods and services tax stalled in parliament and a land acquisition plan abandoned after mass opposition from farmers.
http://news.yahoo.com/investment-guru-quits-india-over-modis-lack-reforms-145721289.html
How many investment Gurus at least visited Pakistan in the past 68 years?
Please enlighten us....

Sameet Pattnaik

Will ask jim rogers to invest in terrorism company of pakistan which might yield him the best profits !!:pound::pound::pound:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
LOL Jim rogers.....we have gazzilion Jim Rogers entering Indian markets everyday.....I have to say pakis spend a lot of time finding news against India and yet they fail miserably to impress us!! :D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles