Introducing Kayal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KS

Bye bye DFI
So take up your fight against the Sri Lankans , why are u berating India over this ?
So are we supposed to look after ourselves with 'India' not playing a part in it ? It is India that is supposed to protect the lives of the fishermen. It is posts like these which tend to encourage people like Kayal - saying these Hindians dont care about us and we want a separate nation to defend ourselves :nono:

ashdoc

Country flag
When TN is part of India, 60,000 or so Tamils are killed in Sri Lanka and right now Lankan soldiers are raping Tamil women with impunity. Over 400 TN fishermen are killed by Lankan Navy. I can not finish my thought because Yusuf will remove the reply.
come on sri lanka is a seperate country .

ashdoc

Country flag

kayal

Tihar Jail
Banned
Annadurai in his maiden speech in the parliament itself said his party (DMK) would safeguard the integrity and sovereignity of the motherland during the Chinese invasion.

DMK celecrated Dravida Nadu Freedom Week starting on 22-9-1962. Axxording to DMK 3 lakh people participated in it.

Annadurai was released from jail 24-10-1962. Speaking to wellwishers out side the jail he said, "we will not give up dravida nadu demand because of chinese invasion ... but we provide all support to turn back the invasion: This is afgter his sp[pech imn parliament. His position is we will support India gainst Chinese invasion but not giving up the Dravida Nadu demand .

I

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
So are we supposed to look after ourselves with 'India' not playing a part in it ? It is India that is supposed to protect the lives of the fishermen. It is posts like these which tend to encourage people like Kayal - saying these Hindians dont care about us and we want a separate nation to defend ourselves :nono:
So ask for Indian help in taking up these issues with Sri Lankans ,

Has India turned a blind eye to this matter ,
Only recently we voted against the Sri Lankans in UN, at a significant diplomatic cost to ourselves

India votes against Sri Lanka, UN resolution on war crimes adopted - The Times of India

but no . . people like Kayal would rather advocate breaking India up into fractions ,

but this shouldn't bother Indians at all , right ?

KS

Bye bye DFI
So ask for Indian help in taking up these issues with Sri Lankans ,
What 'help'..Its the effing duty of the Union to do it. They dont do that for any charity.

Has India turned a blind eye to this matter ,
Only recently we voted against the Sri Lankans in UN, at a significant diplomatic cost to ourselves

India votes against Sri Lanka, UN resolution on war crimes adopted - The Times of India
Yes it has..to a large extent if you ask me. And I would not use the term 'India'..but rather the term 'Govt in New Delhi'. The two are very different. The Govt in New Delhi voted yes, but after watering down the resolution, thus making the vote process a farce.

but no . . people like Kayal would rather advocate breaking India up into fractions ,

but this shouldn't bother Indians at all , right ?
The fault is on both sides. Not one side alone as you would like to believe.

devgupt

Country flag
DMK abandoned its "independence for Dravida Nadu" demand in 1963, well over a year after the 1962 election, after the Indian Parliament passed the Sixteenth Amendent to the Indian Constitution that prohibited those who advocate separatism from running for public offices (such as Indian parliament and state legislative assembly). Here are the specific dates and information. The DMK Central Committee (Maththiya Seyarkuzu) met on November 3, 1963 at the DMK Office in Royapuram. Mr. Nedunchezian presided. The central committee voted unanimously to drop its demand for independent Dravida Nadu, in view of the 16-th Amendment to the Indian Constitution.

If I post the article where I took the above, the super patriot Mr. Yusuf will remove this thread. You people know how to find that article
The catalyst for rejection of Dravida Nadu was the Chinese invasion.Anna wrote a letter to Nehru mentioning that DMK is dropping the demand for independence for it now understands the "dangers involved in it".

Those with myopic glasses can't understand this reasoning.And that explains you.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
What 'help'..Its the effing duty of the Union to do it. They dont do that for any charity.
No its not , Sri Lankan Tamils are NOT Indians .

India tried its best to negotiate an agreement between Vellu and the Sri Lankan govt , When Vellu clearly had the upper hand ,

but it was the inexorable "all or nothing" attitude of the Sri Lankan tamils , that has resulted in the plight they are in today

They are as much to blame for the mess they are in as the Singhalese ,

What the hell were they thinking when they assassinated Rajiv Gandhi ,

That this would make New Delhi look down favourably to their cause and ways ?

Nice way to go about making friends in the region.

If u ask me even more then the Singhalese, Its the SL Tamils who are responsible for their misfortunes.

Yes it has..to a large extent if you ask me. And I would not use the term 'India'..but rather the term 'Govt in New Delhi'. The two are very different. The Govt in New Delhi voted yes, but after watering down the resolution, thus making the vote process a farce.
There are ways to , have the Govt in Delhi, accede to your demands other than promoting separatism , you know

KS

Bye bye DFI
No its not , Sri Lankan Tamils are NOT Indians .
I'm not talking about the Lankan Tamils..but rather our own fishermen who are shot regularly by the Lankan Navy. What can you say to them ?

There are ways to , have the Govt in Delhi, accede to your demands other than promoting separatism , you know
I never said other ways are not there..But people do get fed up when the Union does not perceptibly care about its own people. Making Lanka stop its killing of Tamil fishermen would be a good start.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
I'm not talking about the Lankan Tamils..but rather our own fishermen who are shot regularly by the Lankan Navy. What can you say to them ?
You may not be talking about Sri Lankan Tamils but Kayal definitely is.

About the India fishermen,

Well i m not aware of the matter ,

If its true ,

the best way to go about it is highlighting such Issues in the media,
Public outrage would force the center to take a tough stand,

We 'Hindians' would support it too

I never said other ways are not there..But people do get fed up when the Union does not perceptibly care about its own people. Making Lanka stop its killing of Tamil fishermen would be a good start.
Yes it will be ,

If Tamils do not lose focus , and start discerning between issues that directly concern India and those that do not .

kayal

Tihar Jail
Banned

Thst was a cunning joke from India. The US resolution was itself a weak one so that it can have enough votes in UN. It said "SL should take advice from UNHRC". India persuaded US to change it to "UNHRC may advice SL but SL is solely responsible for deciding on acyions on Human rights". Now the resolution is meaningless. Then India write to SL " we have changed the resolution so your right to decide on asctions relatinmg to human rights violations is not restricted". India's vote is a cruel joke on Tamils

kayal

Tihar Jail
Banned
>> And I would not use the term 'India'..but rather the term 'Govt in New Delhi'. The two are very different.

I agree 100%. I would put it somewhat differently. I would say "I would not use the term 'India'..but rather the term "The Hindia gov pof India". The two are very different.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Thst was a cunning joke from India. The US resolution was itself a weak one so that it can have enough votes in UN. It said "SL should take advice from UNHRC". India persuaded US to change it to "UNHRC may advice SL but SL is solely responsible for deciding on acyions on Human rights". Now the resolution is meaningless. Then India write to SL " we have changed the resolution so your right to decide on asctions relatinmg to human rights violations is not restricted". India's vote is a cruel joke on Tamils
People who shoot first and think later should not expect much help , when their bullets run out .

Anyway like they say , its impossible to appease the fanatics.

kayal

Tihar Jail
Banned
The catalyst for rejection of Dravida Nadu was the Chinese invasion.Anna wrote a letter to Nehru mentioning that DMK is dropping the demand for independence for it now understands the "dangers involved in it".

Those with myopic glasses can't understand this reasoning.And that explains you.
Wromg information. Here is from DMK history by TM Parthasarathy (a senior DMK leader". Annadurai said on 24-10-1962 "WE support India in its efforts to devict Chinese invasion but our Dravida Nadu demand continues". However after the 16th amendment which threatened the ban nof DMK as political party if it did not give up DN demand, in Nov 1963, DMK voted to abandon the DN demand in order to protect DMK as a political party in view of the 16th amedment" LEt us understand the reason clesarly

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
And we come to an end of this "introduction" thread.

Please open or use existing threads for relevant topics of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles