Interstellar = Goddamn !!!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Singh

Many of us are not hep as you fancy Delhites.

What the dickens are you talking about?

Give a link, for God's sake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Goin Tonite.... How is it?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Singh

Interstellar is a new movie by auteur par excellence Christoper Nolan. Nolan is known for making movies that boggle the mind. This particular movie is a Space-Time epic.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
@Singh

Interstellar (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christopher Nolan has been the brains behind several timeless masterpieces including the Dark Knight series.:thumb:

I have not watched Interstellar but I still remember how many of my friends had seen the last batman movie two-three times in the theatres. Me and my friends still think that it was the greatest movie of the decade.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Interstellar is a new movie by auteur par excellence Christoper Nolan. Nolan is known for making movies that boggle the mind. This particular movie is a Space-Time epic.
Interstellar (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christopher Nolan has been the brains behind several timeless masterpieces including the Dark Knight series.:thumb:

I have not watched Interstellar but I still remember how many of my friends had seen the last batman movie two-three times in the theatres. Me and my friends still think that it was the greatest movie of the decade.
Thanks.

Give the review.

Free Karma

This or gone girl, I want to go for this.

But the trailer even though it looked good, there was so much "America saves the universe" thing going on :p
But I love Nolan movies so I will watch it :)

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
best nolan movie for me is prestige.
BUT ONE OF CHARACTERISTIC OF HIS MOVIE IS "HIDDEN ENEMY" - most of his movie include this feature
batman begins: the villain is unknown till end
dark knight- the mayor turns villain in the end.
the dark knight rises: the daughter of batman begin villain is shown as villain in the end.
prestige:- till the end you don't know who is villain.
memento- in the end the hero discovers he himself is the killer he is finding.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Christopher Nolan movies are always good .... The Dark night series is one of my favorite.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Really I don't understand what people see in this Nolan guy and that Batman series (battle against throat cancer ? ).
:yawn:
But I will check out the movie. I like outer-space kinda movies.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Back from Interstellar, and here's my coin-purse:
  • It's a very Gene Roddenberry styled story. Roddenberry loved to play with temporal paradoxes and causality loops. There's no need to overanalyse it by pulling in Stephen Hawking-styled theoretical physics. The black-hole and the hyper-space realm inside it are just a plot device. It's meant to be a human construct. There's no metaphysics in any of it.
  • Nolan tried too hard to create a Spielberg-styled magnum-opus, but that's where he faltered. Too much time is spent on creating grandeur, and the audience' attention-span is stretched. Nolan should have stuck to his own quick-paced storytelling, which he used in Inception, and let the audience (at least the smarter ones in it), figure things out, rather than trying so hard to explain things. People who don't understand it, can't be deep-throated a crash-course in astrophysics. To them it will all remain Treknobabble, even after a lengthy in-movie explanation. Leave them to figure out how things fell in place using their own limited understanding, and if it peaks their curiosity, point them to mostly non-violent scifi drama like Star Trek. Hans Zimmer score sounded very pretentious, and something I've heard in some or the other Spielberg flick, by the likes of Goldsmith.
  • Quite a few impossibrus. An Earth-like planet that close to a black-hole simply cannot exist. Nor can a solar-powered jet engine (on that drone), jet engines spit out matter as a means of propulsion. Then there's the causality-loop.
  • The final act flew by at warp 9.9, which is what you get when you waste too much time on creating hollow-grandeur.
In all, this the worst Nolan-flick I watched. Heck, even The Prestige was better.

sydsnyper

Country flag
Saw the movile last night..... F - U - ( - |< - | - N - G AWESOME !!! For those that have not seen this movie, you need some background on relativity, time dilation, dimensional physics and space-time curvature for the movie to really hit you where it is supposed to... (or you can do as some folks did, watch the movie, get insanely puzzled and read up about it on wikipedia for a delayed sense of wonderfulness)

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Interstellar ...goddamn wtf was that. It was not g8 but I still r8 it 7/10.
The relationship between Cooper and Murphy was lovable. My favorite scene was when Cooper and Mrs. Brand returns from the <Planet 1> to the Endurance spacecraft and that token black guy was waiting for them in his PJ, 23 years older ..toplel.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Loved the movie. Only that my movie experience was spoiled by sardarji sitting behind me translating and explaining every dialogue to his wife.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Loved the movie. Only that my movie experience was spoiled by sardarji sitting behind me translating and explaining every dialogue to his wife.
You against love brah?

ninja85

indians have no common sense,social sense lower,middle,upper class are all same total idiots.:rofl::laugh::lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Interstellar Military Multimedia 0
tarunraju Back from Interstellar IMAX, and... Members Corner 1
ashdoc Ashdoc's movie review---Interstellar Members Corner 2