Internet today consists of two parts

badguy2000

Respected Member
during cold war.the world was divided into two parts by USA and soviets. now,the cyberspace is divided into two parts by USA and China.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
you forget Snowden
you replied to wrong quote of mine . Anyway why you guys have exaggerating thoughts about freedom? There are two types of freedom , positive and negative. Positive controls citizens at some height like if there is disease and a guy says he you gonna take medicine then it is right of state that it can give it for security of rest of community. In negative freedom state doesn't have this right.
all nation which have democracies have positive freedom
america just watched it but didn't controlled it.

pmaitra

The point some are missing is, the internet today is not safe. Data with Google, FB, etc., is not safe. The NSA has penetrated everything, and if they want, they can hack into any place, steal secrets (the Chinese aren't the only ones who steal), and sell them to powerful industries, so that they can compete with foreign companies. This is one thing they cannot do in China. Another thing is, like the fake "Twitter revolution," there shall not be any externally engineered "revolution" in China.

Why do the western countries always cry about "lack of freedom" in China? It is simply lack of chances to create a coup d'etat or uprising. Ever heard a Chinese talk of lack of freedom? I haven't. Such talks only come from people outside of China.

Kudos to PRC. They know how to run country, and pandering to demands of "democracy" is certainly not the right way to run a country.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Having an FB or TW account may give'em a feel of riding on the "mainstream" or merging into the "world".
That's mostly not true. FB works when you create a network with people you know, or business/celebs you follow. It's not like I can network with some random chick in Germany just like that. Over the years, privacy settings have made FB as such. Twitter is similar. People network with people they know, or mostly Indian celebrities, sportsmen/sportswomen, politicians, government officers, etc., they follow. High-ranking government people such as our Prime Minister, are as heavily followed as lingerie models.

Oh btw, my FB and Twitter are fully/legally accessible in Hong Kong. People of HK again use the two exactly like we do. I met a photographer girl from mainland PRC in Lantau, had lunch with her, and eventually went sight-seeing for the next couple of days with her, around HK. Among other things, she was surprised at how different western social networks were, to what she expected. I was surprised how different mainland PRC people can be, to what the west brainwashed me into believing.

Last edited:

amoy

you replied to wrong quote of mine . Anyway why you guys have exaggerating thoughts about freedom? There are two types of freedom , positive and negative. Positive controls citizens at some height like if there is disease and a guy says he you gonna take medicine then it is right of state that it can give it for security of rest of community. In negative freedom state doesn't have this right.
all nation which have democracies have positive freedom
america just watched it but didn't controlled it.
Positive control negative control? Jesus Christ :confused:

[Too simple sometimes naive]

This debate is again back to Square One. In an much earlier thread a comparison was made on internet penetration rate btwn China and India - conclusively your cyber "democracy" or "freedom" doesn't cover those high %%% of Indians who even have no access to internet.

Get out of your ivory tower and ï¼»googleï¼½internet user numbers Indian vs. Chinese, then back talking who has what, plus its political and commercial implications.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

amoy

That's mostly not true. FB works when you create a network with people you know, or business/celebs you follow. It's not like I can network with some random chick in Germany just like that. Over the years, privacy settings have made FB as such. Twitter is similar. People network with people they know, or mostly Indian celebrities, sportsmen/sportswomen, politicians, government officers, etc., they follow. High-ranking government people such as our Prime Minister, are as heavily followed as lingerie models.

Oh btw, my FB and Twitter are fully/legally accessible in Hong Kong. People of HK again use the two exactly like we do. I met a photographer girl from mainland PRC in Lantau, had lunch with her, and eventually went sight-seeing for the next couple of days with her, around HK. She was surprised how different western social networks were, to what she expected. I was surprised how different mainland PRC people can be, to what the west brainwashed me into believing.
okay there're many angles to see such networking just take a commercial perspective here. what if a considerable of traffic (hi ranking or low ranking) is going on LINE or KORATALK be it social networking or advertising whatever? that means the Japanese or Korean operator grabs that portion of market share / revenue instead of FB or TW (foreign) with local employment /R&D / profit generated and so on.

what if HK or Indians mostly subscribe to FB or TW alike? meaning business-wise all the commercial potential (data mining, cyber security aside) is being explored by FB/TW/LinkedIN instead of indigenous players.

Thus from a state policy standpoint local compettion shall be encouraged as part of an overall "industrialization" drive esp. for Big Power wannabes like China and Russia and Japan. As for indivisuals like u and me we simply make use of whatever comes handy.

And Modi taking of miltary equipment INDIGENIZATION!

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag

This debate is again back to Square One. In an much earlier thread a comparison was made on internet penetration rate btwn China and India - conclusively your cyber "democracy" or "freedom" doesn't cover those high %%% of Indians who even have no access to internet.

Get out of your ivory tower and ï¼»googleï¼½internet user numbers Indian vs. Chinese, then back talking who has what, plus its political and commercial implications.

I think chinese doesn't studies the scientific study of political science.
its positive freedom and negative freedom.
and number users have nothing to do with freedom.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

This has made me think.

Can quantity substitute quality?

This is an interesting commentary on the quality of Internet permitted in China

A BRIEF HISTORY OF:
Chinese Internet Censorship

A Brief History of Chinese Internet Censorship - TIME
So, while China has more web-surfers — some 253 million — than America, the high censorship and the number of subjects that are tabooed is hardly cyber democracy or cyber quality.

Yet, in other nations, there maybe less websurfers, but the subjects tabooed is less or non existent.

Thus quality is the measure of the Internet sheen than quantity.

Free Karma

Same here.

You surf the deep web?
I was curious, after hearing all those stories, so looked around a little using the ToR browser, nothing more than that though. Supposed to have some good stuff on hacking and so on, might probably go back and read through some of that.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Internet today consists of 2 parts - World and China. India is part of the globalized world. Chinese talk to each other.

So what's so great about a Shanghai dude talking and sharing ideas with a Nanjing dude ? Lulz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amoy

This has made me think.

Can quantity substitute quality?

This is an interesting commentary on the quality of Internet permitted in China

So, while China has more web-surfers — some 253 million — than America, the high censorship and the number of subjects that are tabooed is hardly cyber democracy or cyber quality.

Yet, in other nations, there maybe less websurfers, but the subjects tabooed is less or non existent.

Thus quality is the measure of the Internet sheen than quantity.
what substitutes what? when a %% quantity of Indians are denied access to say Internet (or replace it with other goodies) what quality to speak of for THEM? or r u confined to discussing freedom for a tiny bunch %% of the populace only ? your last sentence makes more sense if phrased as Quality is the measure of internet sheen than quantity for those WHO HAVE ACCESS to it.

feel free to replace the word INTERNET above with food, water, air... and tell us what's the percentage of Indians able to do surfing (included in the cyber free world) if u like.

there's a quality in quantity — penetration rate of the goodie when it becomes less of a "previlege " for a few % but trickling down to a lot %%%

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
what substitutes what? when a %% quantity of Indians are denied access to say Internet (or replace it with other goodies) what quality to speak of for THEM? or r u confined to discussing freedom for a tiny bunch %% of the populace only ? your last sentence makes more sense if phrased Quality is the measure of internet sheen than quantity for those WHO HAVE ACCESS to it.

feel free to replace the word INTERNET above with food, water, air... and tell us what's the percentage of Indians able to do surfing (included in the cyber free world) if u like.

How are denied access?

I have a computer, but I do not go to Twitter, FB or whatever. No one has denied it to me.

What access are you talking about?

The problem is that you are a Chinese.

You cannot breach the boundaries of FASTEST, GREATEST, STRONGEST, HIGHEST, LARGEST, LONGEST, SHORTEST mindset.

I can assure you that the air is sure CLEANER than compared to China the most POLLUTED nation of the world!

Indians are not DENIED access to the Internet. They have a FREE CHOICE. They can go to the internet cafés that are also there in the rural areas.

It is just that they are more preoccupied with better things in life including listening to the evening discourse of the Ram Katha instead of aimless chatter on the Internet. Not being on the Internet is no indication of not having 'arrived', the syndrome that makes the Chinese very satisfied that they are capable of aping the West.

Internet is useful to obtain information quickly on a subject that interest. It can never replace pursuit of scholarly reading.

All this aimless chatter on the Internet, FB etc are for people who have time on their hand; at best a pleasant distraction from the routine humdrum of life. Hardly a credit to wear as a badge of great achievement on the sleeve.
For the Chinese who are choked and stifled by the numerous mind control measures that they are subjected to, it is a matter of great pride and indeed, rightfully, a breath of fresh air.

BTW, can you rebut what the TIME magazine has written about the stifling of the cyberspace by the mind control mechanisms of the Communist Party of China and their surrogates representing the Govt of PRC?

Last edited:

amoy

How are denied access?

I have a computer, but I do not go to Twitter, FB or whatever. No one has denied it to me.

You cannot breach the boundaries of FASTEST, GREATEST, STRONGEST, HIGHEST, LARGEST, LONGEST, SHORTEST mindset.

I can assure you that the air is sure CLEANER than compared to China the most POLLUTED nation of the world!
being a Chinese is never a problem for me:D

if it's about U individually in this discussion I'm pretty sure u're not denied to internet, and have clean air in abundance.

amoy

Internet today consists of 2 parts - World and China. India is part of the globalized world. Chinese talk to each other.

So what's so great about a Shanghai dude talking and sharing ideas with a Nanjing dude ? Lulz

yeah a flat globalised world. why do stupid Russians waste time/money in developing GLONASS and Chinese in BEIDOU systems when GPS convenient and "free" in place as a"levelled playground"?

maybe 2 layers - State vision and individual choice

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
being a Chinese is never a problem for me:D

if it's about U individually in this discussion I'm pretty sure u're not denied to internet, and have clean air in abundance.

Comment on my FULL post.

For a Chinese it will never be a problem. How can it, when it is a breath of fresh air in the pollution of Govt choking and stifling independent thought, even if certain subjects are banned. For you, something is better than nothing.

For us, it is all the way apna hath, Jagannath i.e. total freedom with no taboo!

Not only me, but all Indians are free to use the Internet and in fact, those in the rural areas have more fresh air than me!

I miss my days when I slept on the grass during manoeuvres, have the fresh air wafting, swaying and caressing, while the star blinked in the sky!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
yeah a flat globalised world. why do stupid Russians waste time/money in developing GLONASS and Chinese in BEIDOU systems when GPS in place convenient and "free"?

maybe 2 layers - State vision and individual choice

Wow. You are arguing that Chinese shouldn't talk to foreigners on the internet because every country does space/military development individually.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@amoy

Here it is again.

How are denied access?

Indians are not DENIED access to the Internet. They have a FREE CHOICE. They can go to the internet cafés that are also there in the rural areas.

It is just that they are more preoccupied with better things in life including listening to the evening discourse of the Ram Katha instead of aimless chatter on the Internet. Not being on the Internet is no indication of not having 'arrived', the syndrome that makes the Chinese very satisfied that they are capable of aping the West.

Internet is useful to obtain information quickly on a subject that interest. It can never replace pursuit of scholarly reading.

All this aimless chatter on the Internet, FB etc are for people who have time on their hand; at best a pleasant distraction from the routine humdrum of life. Hardly a credit to wear as a badge of great achievement on the sleeve.

For the Chinese who are choked and stifled by the numerous mind control measures that they are subjected to, it is a matter of great pride and indeed, rightfully, a breath of fresh air.

BTW, can you rebut what the TIME magazine has written about the stifling of the cyberspace by the mind control mechanisms of the Communist Party of China and their surrogates representing the Govt of PRC?

Last edited by a moderator:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
However when looking into top shareholders behind u find most of these Chinese brands being held by foreign investors (South African, Japanese PE and Arab prince etc.), listed in Nasdaq, or based offshore in Virgin Islands alike.

Indians perhaps mostly of a techie type, but not so much enthusiastic abt creating a "network" or "hardware" enterprise of their own. Having an FB or TW account may give'em a feel of riding on the "mainstream" or merging into the "world".

As for tremendous commercial value or cyber security involved, it's hardly of any layman's concern.

You are correct ..... For west India and China are huge markets and they invest and try to get profits in the process they will transfer some of their technologies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles