Intelligence Bureau alerts Government over growing anti-India anger in Nepal

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by FRYCRY, Oct 7, 2015.

1. FRYCRY

FRYCRY Regular Member

The Intelligence Bureau (IB) has alerted the top leadership of the country about the growing anti-India sentiment in Nepal following the protests by the Madhesi community in that country. Assessing the impact of the protests, IB has stated in a report sent to the Prime Minister's Office, Ministry of Home Affairs and the National Security Adviser there is a strong view in Nepal that the protests are fuelled by India.

"The disruption due to the blockade imposed by the Madhesis and Tharus have been termed as a blockade imposed by the government of India by some sections of Nepali public," the report states. Also read: Will turn to China if you push us to the wall, Nepal tells India

The report also mentions that an effigy of Prime Minister Narendra Modi was burned during one of the protests.

Madhesi leaders have been protesting against Nepal's newly-framed Constitution, demanding more rights and representation for the Madhesi population based in southern plains of the country. They are also demanding new demarcation of boundary in the region.

Nepal adopted the historic Constitution on September 20, but protests and blockade on the Indo-Nepal border has crippled the country.

With the negotiations failing and the protests and blockade continuing in Southern Nepal bordering India for weeks, Nepal has been cut off from supplies.

"With Madhesis and Tharus showing no signs of relenting and resolutely intensify their agitations, disruption in the movement of goods trucks to Nepal is likely to continue as overall situation along the border remains fragile," the report states. Around 4.000 trucks have been stranded on the Indian side unable to transport goods to the country. Also read:China backs Nepal on Constitution amid India concern

Officials feel an anti-India feeling among the Nepalese people on the sensitive subject could be a setback for relations between the two countries.

The IB in its assessment has also stated that Radio FM stations have aired programmes on the Madhesi protest and India's stand taken on the new Constitution. According to the report, discussions on these programmes are blaming and criticising the government of India for the situation in the Terai region of Nepal.

The report also lists out the areas where the Madhesis continue with the blockade leading to flare ups between the Protesters and the police. ALSO SEE| Modi remembers Nepal quake victims at Buddh Purnima celebrations

According to the IB report around 2,000 trucks are stranded in Raxaul (Bihar) while 1,000 Nepal-bound trucks are stuck in Sonauli (Uttar Pradesh). Another 800 and 200 trucks are stranded in Jogbani (Bihar) and Bhairaich (Uttar Pradesh) respectively. The report further states that Madhesis continue to block Jogbani-Biratnagar and Raxaul-Birganj corridors by pitching tents in the No man's land obstructing vehicular movement.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/ib-spooks-modi-govt-over-anti-india-anger-in-nepal/1/492286.html

3. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

lulz........................................................................

4. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Is that lulz directed at the anti national filth throwing hissy fits at the indian response against their anti Indian brethren across the border in Nepal? :lol:

5. Rowdy

Nepal needs to be hammered back into submission..... Nepal is like that crazy GF.... knows she is wrong but keeps throwing tantrums expecting a pimp hand...... :lol: They will cry and whine about Nepali pride/valour all the while, here is GDP/capita since 2000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

Somebody planting stories in Media. Taking reference of IB because mere opinions were not working. India stands firmly behind the 50% of Nepalese population most of whom reside in the bordering Terai region, and they deeply appreciate this fact. Rest 50% can go and **** themselves off.

I bet that @genius has come back with a new account.

7. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

more than half of the Nepal has close relatives who are Indian citizens, Of course its wrong that after calamity things should reach them and no blockade should be there. But Looks like an incoming coup in Nepal to create Nepal a Hindu country.

Rowdy likes this.
  8. Mad Indian

I think based on his claims that he is from Punjab/haryana , he is a khalistani pos.

9. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

Well folks, do put a leash on your tongues. We don't need to and should not be bad-mouthing whole of nepal for the handiwork of some self-serving elites. India has the upperhand, and should maintain it, but that does not mean that we should be taking an outright threatening tone and patronising attitude which will come as humiliation to our Nepalese brothers.

Also, I seriously doubt the news, not because it can be invalid, but because after Doval's straight warning, I doubt anybody in PMO or MHA would leak such an info. The IB reports would be handled by not many people, so finding the source wiuld be easy. Hence, IMO it is a fraud manufactured news, similar to others the news traders have been indulging in lately.

Mad Indian and DingDong like this.
  10. Mad Indian

While I agree with your premise, I think we have not marketed what we have done for the nepalese across the border. We have given them free access, a right to be treated like Indians anywhere in India, access to govt jobs as if they were Indians . free transport of their goods without any transit fee , and the billions of $ govt spends directly for subsidising their wealth and military protection from the ass holes in the north, who if not for us would have gobbled up Nepal long time back, like how they gobbled up Tibet. No other country has pampered its neighbors like India has pampered Nepal and Bhutan .

But what have we received in return? Many Nepalese still act like ungrateful over pampered gf. I think the main blame is on the leftist dogs in India who have managed to somehow allow such a huge resentment against India when they were in power despite everything we have done for them

Peace Lover likes this.
  11. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

Why should we? Do you even know the kind of words these Pahari idiots reserve for Madheshis, India and Indians? These people are now acting like spoilt kids, but they must know that India is a neighbouring country, not a loving parent. And like all Nation states, India will protect her national interest whether they like it or not.

The anti India sentiment is limited to Northern Nepal, they thought that they can humiliate and bring India down to her knees through Twitter Trends. Last time when they trended #BackOffIndianMedia they got a benefit of doubt, but this time they have crossed the red line. They can lean towards China if they want but they will have to play a price for it.

Nepalese media refused to report the agitations going on down South in their own country. They showed zero sensitivity towards the concerns of the ethnic and linguistic minorities. Madhesis are laughing at their misery now, because they were Bursting Crackers while the Nepalese security forces were shooting at the Madhesi protestors.

Nepalese 3-party cartel has further hardened it's position, India cannot afford to look weak.

I agree, this guy's comment pattern fits into a closet Khalistani and an AAP supporter profile. This guy definitely is not an Islamist/razakar, because an Islamist/razakar displays 1000-times more guts and consistency compared to SM Khalistanis who are suffering from acute inferiority complex and identity crisis.

Mad Indian likes this.
  12. Rowdy

Nepal has seen soft side of Modi Doval combine.......... a bit of bad cop will iron out all the issues......

DingDong and Mad Indian like this.
  13. jackprince

The Nepalese people, at least as many as I have met in my life, have all been pro-India, and I still believe the majority of common nepalese people are so. However, there will always be some rotten apples, just as there are a great many in India too. Hence, I believe we should count their importance first. The Nepalese govt., or rather the elite encrusted parliament, has gotten them in this mess, and that too for their own narrow visioned self-interested way. They just did not expect India to take any firm steps, as India has not taken any in last decade whether in Sri Lanka, Maldives or Bangladesh. But, it backfired on them, and they have been put between rock and hard place now.

But, again, I would emphasis that don't badmouth the whole of Nepal. The GOI has shown exceptional prudence, but it will be for naught if a real hatred builds up among common folks because of some careless tongue wagging by their Indian counterparts. Nepal IS valuable to India. The crisis may very well see in the next election a regime change in Nepal.

14. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

I don't understand why Patel left out Nepal when other kingdoms were merging into India. Nepal has been extended part of India most of the time.

15. jackprince

Because it would have been difficult given Nepalis at that time were devoted to their king and a military campaign in mountain qould have been ruinious against Gurkhas in their home turf. Further, unlike most other Indian states, Nepal never was a vassal state of British. Also, given at that time India were thought to have been built favouring Hindu ideologies, attack by Republic of India on a thoroughly Hindu kingdom qould not have gone down well with Indians. But, mostly I thinkbKing of Nepal not showing any interest in joining yhe Union, a veey wise choice looking back, and chance of alienating Nepalis as well as almost impossible military objective was what prevented India to get Nepal. Also, similar thing goes for Bhutan too. Bhutanese people is extremely loyal to their Royal house to this day.

16. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Indian Union got most kings to join India without major offensive except in a few cases. I am not sure whether they tried hard enough in case of Nepal to convince them.

17. Mad Indian

Nepal was a british protectorate at that time.

I dont understand why Ceylon, Nepal, Burma and Bhutan are all not part of India today.

18. Rowdy

Well if you read history .... that generation was one of the weakest and most throughly left wing infested. It meant survival. I read history from that period and that time Pak was waay ahead. hell till 70s pak was ahead on a Per capita basis. Our generation turned things around.
    Anyway no one wanted to join a poor and weak state that was said to disintegrate in 10 yrs. Do you think if India was strong , SL would have the audicity to massacre Tamils? They would piss their pants those sinhalese. We have remained too timid for too long.

VIP, Vishwarupa, DFI_COAS and 3 others like this.
  19. Peace Lover

Peace Lover New Member

what can you say when a neighbor who you have always helped becomes unnecessary suspicious about you?

tell me,who was the nation who helped Nepal the most in the recent earthquake?

the madhesi people who protesting the constitution are their own & making a constitution not acceptable to 100% Nepali public would be against Nepal's interest in the long term.

Any interference may only increase opposition.Its time India should stay away from Nepal's affairs & slowly will itself realize that what is really in Nepal's interest.still many Nepalis I am sure will be pro-India.

nations like Nepal,Bhutan, Sri lanka are Not in india as neither their rulers merged their kingdom into india, nor were people were too eager to join India.If later was true, they would have merged into india later on like Sikkim was merged in 1975(this is what I feel)many of them have developed their own nationalism.