INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Chinmoy

Country flag
Note the jugaad LMG mount which has movement in traverse as well as elevation. Elevation is controlled by left hand aided by what looks like a counter-weight

View attachment 22118

@Kunal Biswas
This is a common sight in any army vehicle. That's not a counter weight, in fact its a common platform to mount Bren.

hqdefault-e1482717992425.jpg

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
@Kunal Biswas Dada,@Shaitan ,@ghost and all gun guys,

Any of you have clear pics of Internals of INSAS ? I mean,trigger group and inside of receiver section of INSAS ?

I wanna study 3 round burst mechanism of INSAS and so far what i know is it's a ratchet and pawl type system similar to tri-burst mechanism of FN FNC,Polish Tantal and Romanian AIM-74,

I want pics similar to this,Tantal

These are parts of Polish Tantal's trigger group.

These parts are:
A.Safety Selector (on right side of the receiver,note on Tantal this one does not act as fire selector)
B.Hammer wrapped into coil spring
C.Auto Sear
D.Disconnector and a tiny cam for 3 round burst disconnector pawl
E.Single hook trigger
F.Fire Selector (on left side of the receiver,has three selections from left to right:3 round burst,semi-auto and full auto)
G.Auto Sear spring
H.Disconnector spring
I.Retaining pins
J.Trigger spring (The earlier version of tantal has a conventional AK style one-piece hammer/trigger spring, with bent ends that lay over the trigger.I don't know what year they adopted this improved fire control group. Sometime between 1989 and 1993.The old style FCG came out of an '89 rifle.)
K.3 round burst mechanism
L.3 round burst cam,mounted on left side of the hammer
M.3 round burst disconnector pawl (also called Burst Limiter)
N.3 round burst disconnector pawl spring

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
@Kunal Biswas Dada,@Shaitan ,@ghost and all gun guys,

If possible,please share pics of internals of INSAS from different angles for better perspectives.

e.g.

This is a model of Tantal's trigger group for education purposes.

Showing left side of the receiver and fire selection mods in this order Full Auto - Semi Auto - 3 Round Burst

Showing internals from left-top side of the receiver.Hammer is not cocked here,fire selector is on 3 round burst.

Showing internals from right-top side of the receiver.Hammer is not cocked here,fire selector is on 3 round burst.

Showing Internals from top of the receiver.Hammer is cocked while fire selector is on 3 round burst.

Showing internals from the right-top of the receiver.Hammer is cocked while fire selector is on 3 round burst.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
If someone visited the factory and took pictures in depth details, Its welcome here ..

I too have pictures but cannot post due to its a service rifle ..

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
आज मुक़ाबला होगा !

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Reactions: VIP

Pandeyji

Country flag
आज मुक़ाबला होगा !

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Mukabla matlab Trials? Ya aise hi likha hai Shatrujeet ne?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its weapon inspection at armory, probably some`s unit situated at J&K ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles