INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
If the GSQR is not even finalized, then this gun and rest competing against it are for demonstration ..

Vorschlaghammer

Country flag
How effective is the pepper pot muzzle break for a big round like the 7.62 NATO ? Most of the 308 commercial muzzle breaks on US market have double and triple side baffles.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Bahmnoo village of Pulwama district of south Kashmir on Monday, 03 July 2017. Two militants were killed during the ongoing encounter in Bahmnoo village.

Rahul Singh

Country flag

Bahmnoo village of Pulwama district of south Kashmir on Monday, 03 July 2017. Two militants were killed during the ongoing encounter in Bahmnoo village.
Woah INSAS IB (looted ofcourse) with broken stock (to make it concealable under that Kashmiri robe). Definitely, pigs are short on AKs as every infiltration attempt is getting brutally thwarted.

Wonder from where they are managing 5.56?

BTW perfect headshot is an acknowledgement of the location of the actual problem.

aditya g

Country flag
Headshot may be revenge as that is how he killed the cops.

Woah INSAS IB (looted ofcourse) with broken stock (to make it concealable under that Kashmiri robe). Definitely, pigs are short on AKs as every infiltration attempt is getting brutally thwarted.

BTW perfect headshot is an acknowledgement of the location of the actual problem.

sbm

Country flag
I communicated with the TOI reporter on it and he said the IA agreed certain things with the OFB and then went to the press with something different (getting the OFB angry). I am glad the OFB answered. Of course more development is needed but don't dismiss things yet.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I communicated with the TOI reporter on it and he said the IA agreed certain things with the OFB and then went to the press with something different (getting the OFB angry). I am glad the OFB answered. Of course more development is needed but don't dismiss things yet.
All reporting was source based, I think.
First the positive reports came and the next day followed by negative reporting.

Kchontha

Country flag
All these drama of Army rejecting ofb's new battle rifle was stage managed by ndtv. There is no trial called initial or basic trials. If there is then what about middle trial or end trial etc etc. Ofb and India govt should sue ndtv regarding this.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You haven`t been active for last few months, go through few more pages back and CT op thread ..

You will notice a lot of 1B1 in hands of terrorists, Mostly from traitors and from snatched once from dead ..

The point from the pic you quoted is both terrorist and security forces are using 5.56mm, Something uncommon ..

AK and AK ammunition is quite available ..

Rahul Singh

Country flag
You haven`t been active for last few months, go through few more pages back and CT op thread ..

You will notice a lot of 1B1 in hands of terrorists, Mostly from traitors and from snatched once from dead ..

The point from the pic you quoted is both terrorist and security forces are using 5.56mm, Something uncommon ..

AK and AK ammunition is quite available ..
I am actually concerned about 5.56 ammo. Gun is understandable but ammo (if so) is a concern. 5.56 ammo is not popular with Pakis with G3 as standard AR. So who is supplying if not pakis.

Anyway, i am certainly gonna read past pages for more info. Thanks for the reply.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Here look at the recoil. Remind of elephant gun kick.

This is legendary AK being fired with the same stance, in so-called bump fire mode.

Even 5.56 has recoil that making me say WTF.

With all due respect to the officer, I wonder where is that "Recoil kaafi hai" that is not there with these ultra popular rifles?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...le-set-for-Mhow-test/articleshow/59227184.cms

20th June: - Rifle is set for tests at Infantry School, Mhow (MP) after adjustments.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ring-trials/articleshow/59257363.cms?from=mdr

21st June: - Army rejects it.

How is that even possible when the Army is yet to test it?
It is possible because Arms agents have made full payments in advance and so the news articles as well as public statements were prepared well before trials happened.

SanjeevM

Country flag
If the war is nearby, army should again look at indigenous guns if mass production is needed at a short notice. In case a deal is not finalized, We can take care present need by indigenous guns by producing them at mass scale by OFB as well as private sector. Later we can do modifications on filed feedback. But for God's sake start production fast.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles