INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Zero-Sum-Game

@Kunal Biswas sir I had the question regarding 7.62mm mk 1c ... Sir should the gun feature covered magazine feed to stop ingress of dirt ? Secondly, since it is based on insas system , how the large recoil mitigation system will be anted up?

P.S. I went through specs of GPMG where it says that it can fire in single shot and burst mode only? No full auto defeats the idea of mg .?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Bigger the round larger the recoil, By burst mode it means full-auto for the GPMG ..

Its hard to tell as of now, As i have not hold it or fired it to know but surely less violent than SLR ..

Kay

Country flag
Sorry for the rant and nitpicking...I know it doesn't make a difference performance-wise..but is it too difficult to incorporate full-length pitcanny rails in Indian rifles on both top, bottom and sides - for Insas, MSMC or MCIWS - modern rifles seem to provide that....it's just...neat :)...would it require changing the rifle mechanisms?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Their is nothing better than Iron sights, Attachments don`t last long in combat conditions, this is for top rail only.

About sides and bottom, Its completely based on requirement, Further its painful to grip on P-rails too long ..

Sorry for the rant and nitpicking...I know it doesn't make a difference performance-wise..but is it too difficult to incorporate full-length pitcanny rails in Indian rifles on both top, bottom and sides - for Insas, MSMC or MCIWS - modern rifles seem to provide that....it's just...neat :)...would it require changing the rifle mechanisms?

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
The Concept of Galil and INSAS 7.62x51 version is same. They are both AK series with minor changes designed to fire 7.62x51 round. But Galil is supported by team of Dalals.

pmaitra

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
JVPC (big name) - looking awesome and sexy - hopes it bang ass of suvvar accordingly. Current weight of 3kg is slight heavy - would be good if weight reduced by 1 Kg - provide advantage during CQB operation.
You could easily lift it with one hand. I did the same in 2004, now they have refuned it.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Their is nothing better than Iron sights, Attachments don`t last long in combat conditions, this is for top rail only.

About sides and bottom, Its completely based on requirement, Further its painful to grip on P-rails too long ..
Kunal sir after years they are going for P rail. Soon rubber covers will come for grip.

In all we are in good hands.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles