INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
So we have theories:
Theory 1: The rifle is the same but the name "Ghatak" is new.
Theory 2: They made modifications to the rifle, and the new modified rifle is called "Ghatak."

Ok, here are some of my thoughts:
  • P-Rail and pistol grip are not modifications in my opinion. These are merely accessorizations. If someone disagrees, so be it.
  • The modifications that count so as to be able to evade a lawsuit are things such as: gas regulator, muzzle brake, etc..

That image in the poster, is a Ghaatak rifle. That is all you need to embrace. That is the new name for the rifle. I dont know what you envision Ghaatak to be, but you're wrong in thinking it's anything other than that. Embrace the true Ghaatak. Will the real Ghaatak please stand up? *Imagine the rifle in the poster standing up*

pmaitra

That image in the poster, is a Ghaatak rifle. That is all you need to embrace. That is the new name for the rifle. I dont know what you envision Ghaatak to be, but you're wrong in thinking it's anything other than that. Embrace the true Ghaatak. Will the real Ghaatak please stand up? *Imagine the rifle in the poster standing up*
I have not seen or disassembled either of the OFB made AKM clones, so I don't envision it to be anything other than mere speculation. I can comment on some Eastern European AKM clones that I have seen internally, but I cannot comment on the OFB made ones. That is why I am saying I need technical details.

I will try to collect information if I can. The post by @Kunal Biswas was informative. He gave some details about the gas regulator.

And this P-rail and pistol-grip stuff, everyone can see that. Those are mere accessories. Try to come up with some technical details. Sine you keep mentioning it, I have seen the poster many times.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
I have not seen or disassembled either of the OFB made AKM clones, so I don't envision it to be anything other than mere specualtion. I can comment on some Eastern European AKM clones that I have seen internally, but I cannot comment on the OFB made ones. That is why I am saying I need technical details.

I will try to collect information if I can. The post by @Kunal Biswas was informative. He gave some details about the gas regulator.

And this P-rail and pistol-grip stuff, everyone can see that. Those are mere accessories. Try to come up with some technical details. Sine you keep mentioning it, I have seen the poster many times.

Get ready for more of those grave errors on part of OFB. Because you're going to keep seeing the same rifle named as such.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That is general report going to Army HQ not public ..

You will know when field trails were done well, when mass order will be placed ..

Is there any information about , how Excalibur is performing in different conditions with different units ?

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

Maj Gen TK Kaul

Maj Gen TK Kaul: Evangelizing peace through the IPSI

The India Pakistan Soldiers Initiative for Peace (IPSI) was founded by the late Padma Vibhushan awardee, Gandhian and social activist Miss Nirmala Deshpande, with the aim of promulgating peace between India and Pakistan.

The IPSI constitutes retired defense personnel of India and Pakistan, championing the cause of peace, disengagement and rapprochement through events, seminars and dialogues with senior country leaders at key discussions and talks in both countries. Taking laudable steps in urging both sides to get over the trust deficit and normalize relations. The purpose of the organization is to keep the dialogue process between the two countries alive through people-to-people contacts and meaningful discussions.

These military bigwigs who once bellowed war cries are now vociferously admonishing war and doing the peace chant. Holding the belief that there will be dividends in peaceful coexistence, which will usher in prosperity and empower people of both countries to kick-start a new era of progress.

Post Retirement Maj Gen TK Kaulhas lead innumerable initiatives for the IPSI by being the lead functionary. Mani Shankar Aiyar, former Minister and MP, is the current Chairperson of the IPSI. Lt Gen Moti Dar, the former Vice Chief of Army, is the ongoing President of the IPSI India Chapter and Lt General Mohd Nasir Akhtar is the ongoing President of the IPSI Pakistan Chapter. Maj Gen TK Kaul is the Executive President of the IPSI India Chapter.

The IPSI was briefly hamstrung with the demise of Nirmala Deshpande, but trudged forward in its mission in spite of facing overwhelming odds. It is dedicated members like Gen TK Kaul, who underpin the success of the IPSI.

When India saw a violation of the LOC, and suffered terror attacks, Maj Gen TK Kaul, along with the IPSI chapters in India and Pakistan strongly condemned them while placating both sides. Even though the peace talks in both countries were vitiated by these provocations, the IPSI stayed firm and resolute in its mission, holding its lofty ideals of brotherhood and bonding.

A peace march was organized under the aegis of IPSI India chapter by Maj Gen TK Kaul in Mumbai, which saw representation from the IPSI Pakistan chapter. This march started at Nariman Point and ended at Mani Bhavan, the symbolic residence of the Mahatma.

With the IPSI growing from strength to strength each year, the families of their members from both countries have become close friends. They go across the border when the children of their counterparts get married. What can be a better example demonstrating maturity and brotherhood without boundaries?

Pandora

Country flag
@Kunal Biswas Is there any latest pic of MSMC ? Why the foregrip aesthetically looks bulky ,can't we make a simpler one and saves weight .like this

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Indian Army training dictates to hold rifle from its fore-grip, So you have such a design, Also its same for MICWS, The design is part of Army requirement ..

Its not bulky as looks as its made of fiber with hollow compartments inside unlike that Aluminum rail which is likely to have more weight ..

@Kunal Biswas Is there any latest pic of MSMC ? Why the foregrip aesthetically looks bulky ,can't we make a simpler one and saves weight .like this

pmaitra

Maj Gen TK Kaul: Evangelizing peace through the IPSI

The India Pakistan Soldiers Initiative for Peace (IPSI) was founded by the late Padma Vibhushan awardee, Gandhian and social activist Miss Nirmala Deshpande, with the aim of promulgating peace between India and Pakistan.

The IPSI constitutes retired defense personnel of India and Pakistan, championing the cause of peace, disengagement and rapprochement through events, seminars and dialogues with senior country leaders at key discussions and talks in both countries. Taking laudable steps in urging both sides to get over the trust deficit and normalize relations. The purpose of the organization is to keep the dialogue process between the two countries alive through people-to-people contacts and meaningful discussions.

These military bigwigs who once bellowed war cries are now vociferously admonishing war and doing the peace chant. Holding the belief that there will be dividends in peaceful coexistence, which will usher in prosperity and empower people of both countries to kick-start a new era of progress.

Post Retirement Maj Gen TK Kaulhas lead innumerable initiatives for the IPSI by being the lead functionary. Mani Shankar Aiyar, former Minister and MP, is the current Chairperson of the IPSI. Lt Gen Moti Dar, the former Vice Chief of Army, is the ongoing President of the IPSI India Chapter and Lt General Mohd Nasir Akhtar is the ongoing President of the IPSI Pakistan Chapter. Maj Gen TK Kaul is the Executive President of the IPSI India Chapter.

The IPSI was briefly hamstrung with the demise of Nirmala Deshpande, but trudged forward in its mission in spite of facing overwhelming odds. It is dedicated members like Gen TK Kaul, who underpin the success of the IPSI.

When India saw a violation of the LOC, and suffered terror attacks, Maj Gen TK Kaul, along with the IPSI chapters in India and Pakistan strongly condemned them while placating both sides. Even though the peace talks in both countries were vitiated by these provocations, the IPSI stayed firm and resolute in its mission, holding its lofty ideals of brotherhood and bonding.

A peace march was organized under the aegis of IPSI India chapter by Maj Gen TK Kaul in Mumbai, which saw representation from the IPSI Pakistan chapter. This march started at Nariman Point and ended at Mani Bhavan, the symbolic residence of the Mahatma.

With the IPSI growing from strength to strength each year, the families of their members from both countries have become close friends. They go across the border when the children of their counterparts get married. What can be a better example demonstrating maturity and brotherhood without boundaries?
Sir, welcome to the forum and please introduce yourself in the greetings section: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/s/introductions-greetings.5/

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

It's named Trichy Assault Rifle, I know there was another with the same name, but that was a SLR conversion. This an AK.

You can see an adjustable, and foldable stock. Also, all of them have hand grip similar to Amogh, MCIWS.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

They may have dumped the SLR design, because the recent TAR is a AK.

Brij Ray

Country flag
Russians have gone ahead of AK 12. A new nameless AK series recoilless gun under development. Below is the video.

airtel

Country flag
agar copy hi karna hai to .................Indians should copy AK 12 or any modern western assault riffle..................why the hell they are copying these decades old Riffles ??

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
agar copy hi karna hai to .................Indians should copy AK 12 or any modern western assault riffle..................why the hell they are copying these decades old Riffles ??
Nakal ke liye bhi Akal chahiye.

These dumbasses couldn't give a decent rifle without 1 crore trial, 10 year development process and still Army rejects calling it substandard or faulty - lamo

These parasites should be sacked and small arms manufacturing should be handed over to Pvt sector and JV with full accountability and timeframe clause. Otherwise these parasites will keep getting fat after taking large salaries and several official holidays.

rishivashista13

Country flag
Nakal ke liye bhi Akal chahiye.

These dumbasses couldn't give a decent rifle without 1 crore trial, 10 year development process and still Army rejects calling it substandard or faulty - lamo

These parasites should be sacked and small arms manufacturing should be handed over to Pvt sector and JV with full accountability and timeframe clause. Otherwise these parasites will keep getting fat after taking large salaries and several official holidays.
But MCIWS is good one .
Purely made in India not copied .

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
In trial or rejected or told to modify ?
Told to modify. An outside design would not have the same strictness. It bet out much of its competitors. How many times spike failed trials and it's being ordered? God knows what t90 failed then as well.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles