INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

Adux

Country flag
One of things you would see, is how much the chinese have copied the Americans, in art work, paint style, work styles, down to painting the helmets and aircrafts! Always wanted the Skulls Squadron insignia on a MiG 29K

salute

One of things you would see, is how much the chinese have copied the Americans, in art work, paint style, work styles, down to painting the helmets and aircrafts! Always wanted the Skulls Squadron insignia on a MiG 29K
chinese dont got the name copycat for no reason.

Illusive

Country flag
It looks inspired from Mcdonalds paint job. Ready to deliver burgers :laugh:.

shiphone

Country flag
INS Vikramaditya recent port call in Sri Lanka is a great chance to observe what's new on this vessel...our defence forum members tried to explained the layout of the added ADS from loads of civilian taken images .. source: HSH
------------------
the second hand Barak-1 missile sys transfered from the first retired P16 Frigate- including 24 cells VLS and the EL/M 2221 FC radar..

two AK630 with EO sight only on both sides of stern...

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Operations onboard Chinese carrier Liaoning. J15's are flying like sharks ;-P !!! Will the NLCA get ready by the time the Vikrant starts patrol missions?

Lioning is a junk Career not even fit for Training forget about combat. J 15 is a junk fighter and a shame on career born fighter . It can not carry any load except few Air to air missiles.

archie

Country flag
Lioning is a junk Career not even fit for Training forget about combat
The video looks like the AC seems decent for how they worked all by themselves ... Not sure about fighting component or electronics but the Hull looks nice..

aditya g

Country flag
As it stands today, Lioning is more of a training and capabiliy building platform along with propaganda and training value. It may undertake some operational missions where threat may not be elevated. Furthermore, the J-15 is a compromise solution compared to the MiG-29K.

Vikramaditya in comparison is an operational aircraft carrier. Her basic limitation is viz sortie generation rate.

delta

Country flag
INS Vikramaditya recent port call in Sri Lanka is a great chance to observe what's new on this vessel...our defence forum members tried to explained the layout of the added ADS from loads of civilian taken images .. source: HSH
------------------
the second hand Barak-1 missile sys transfered from the first retired P16 Frigate- including 24 cells VLS and the EL/M 2221 FC radar..

two AK630 with EO sight only on both sides of stern...

call me underdeveloped, but are there any CIWS on the bow as well? how protected is that end?

Lioning is a junk Career not even fit for Training forget about combat. J 15 is a junk fighter and a shame on career born fighter . It can not carry any load except few Air to air missiles.
Liaoning may not be such a serious threat, but the chinese intend it to be a training platform anyway. they do have immense industrial potential, and can churn out hardware very quickly. looking at the long run, PLAN seems to be a very credible threat in its own waters at least.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
call me underdeveloped, but are there any CIWS on the bow as well? how protected is that end?

Liaoning may not be such a serious threat, but the chinese intend it to be a training platform anyway. they do have immense industrial potential, and can churn out hardware very quickly. looking at the long run, PLAN seems to be a very credible threat in its own waters at least.

They can bring on card the junks like whole J series. If they makes 20 aircraft against say LCA Mk1, Mk2 and AMCA, i would say ours shall be a great achievement because ours shall be the highly potent platform which shall be capable of fighting with best in the world. Look at their J 10. 5 atleast 5 have fallen down in last year of 2015. They are not worthy of fighting modern day warfare.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Operations onboard Chinese carrier Liaoning. J15's are flying like sharks ;-P !!! Will the NLCA get ready by the time the Vikrant starts patrol missions?

Generally Navies choose light fighters onboard aircraft carriers, evem Russia preferred Mig 29's.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Generally Navies choose light fighters onboard aircraft carriers, evem Russia preferred Mig 29's.
Light weight fighters with high thrust to weight ratio. Mig 29 fits here perfectly. If the weight is slashed further, It can be a even more dangerous aircraft.

nirranj

Country flag
Ya I understand that. But my question was regarding our N-LCA. Whether it will be ready by the time Vikrant is operational?

abingdonboy

Country flag
Not so much "light" as mediuam sized fighters. Even the USN operates medium sized fighters from their 100,000 ton super carriers and retired the giant F-14s in favour of the smaller medium sized F-18. It allows you to carry more fighters with a higher margin of error. The Chinese operating a large heavyweight fighter from a medium sized carrier with no previous expereince in carrier operations sounds like a diaster waiting to happen to me. The learning curve is going to be STEEP for the PLA(N) and it is no surprise the IN is already running ahead despite the Viky entering service later than the Liaoning.

The Chinese are going to learn some painful lessons the hard way I suspect, picking the Su-33/J-15 whilst the IN and even Russians have gone for the MiG-29K highlights the inexpereince of the Chinese.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Ya I understand that. But my question was regarding our N-LCA. Whether it will be ready by the time Vikrant is operational?
Unlikely. The IAC-1 will have a pure MiG-29K airwing until 2022 at the earliest.

Gessler

Country flag
Don't know if this was already posted or not. I think it was...anyway:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles