INS Sindhurakshak catches fire at naval dockyard in Mumbai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil

Country flag
R.I.P to the brave souls... thank you for your service...!! and condolences to the families ....

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Just another reminder of the dangers that submariners still face until now even with modern submarines.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
Zvezda shipyard (where upgrade took place) should also investigate the incident.

addiction

So after back to back good news for Navy (INS Arihant and Vikrant), we have this mishap. Hope Navy will learn from this and will ensure such incident never reoccurs especially when IN is gearing up to induct Nuke Subs and SLBMs..Sad day for all defense lovers.!

ladder

Country flag
no, may be few bell devices. We have an agreement with US to use their services to rescue sub in time of emergency.
Indian Navy has placed a requirement for unknown quantity of DSRV with DAC as intended acquisition but the I think specifications have not been frozen till now.

sfo55555

RIP to the brave naval personnel lost lives in this tragedy...

First time I am seeing that even small local American new channels are running full 2 min new cast on this.

I hope there is no sabotage involved in this incident as this level of infiltration will be very disturbing specially when we are bringing 2 billion dollar carrier.

Neil

Country flag
first pics...::

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Rest in peace my brothers.....We know you were prepared to give your lives for the nation...but it came in such unfortunate manner...But we will remember your sacrifice always before celebrating our beloved independence...

- A helpless Indian who cant do anything to save his brothers

bennedose

I am truly sorry to hear this news in what is otherwise a very happy time for me. May the departed sailors be freed from the cycle of rebirth, and my heart goes out to their families.

We did not need this tragedy to remind us that our submarine fleet needs some expansion, soon, if possible.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Rest In Peace my brave hearts May god be with your family, 2moro i will inform in my office and will pay a 1 min silence for the loss during our flag host they deserve more than that.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

There is chance of survival, Are we sure its 100% causality ?

pankaj nema

Country flag
There has to be some negligence involved

It is not just an accident

The batteries were changed three days ago at the harbour ie Naval dockyard

If they were leaking or faulty then Hydrogen gas was slowly
accumulating and hence this explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads