INS Betwa, Navy's Missile Frigate, Tips Over At Mumbai Dockyard

pankaj nema

Country flag
http://www.hindustantimes.com/mumba...al-dockyard/story-XZvwjQ1qKlTSeHMI83HUGM.html

INS Betwa, a front line Brahmaputra-class frigate of the Indian Navy, which was undergoing refit at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai slipped on the dock blocks while the vessel was being undocked around 1.50pm on Monday.

Two sailors are reported to be missing. Search operations to track them are underway .

Fourteen sailors suffered minor injuries in the incident, said Captain DK Sharma Indian Navy spokesperson.

While an enquiry will be launched into what exactly caused the vessel to slip, the extent of damage is being assessed by navy officials.

Explaining the situation, Captain Sharma said that the 126-metre-long, 3,850-tonne ship, tipped over while it was being undocked. The mast of the ship hit the dockyard ground, he said.

INS Betwa had run aground in January 2014 and collided with an unidentified object that led to a crack in its sonar system, and had also seen saltwater ingress into sensitive equipment.

Akshay_Fenix

Lets see how many heads will role for this incident. My guess is 0.

There is no accountability in this country.

OnePunchMan

Country flag
my respects and condolences to sailors on board its always tragic to see them loose their lives in these accidents its so fucking depressing and why the fuck these dockyards can't do anything good always careless and slow heads need to roll we not only lost a great warship but lives too not to mention the reputation of our navy one of the institutions i admire the most just yesterday i was so happy on how navy set ablaze the karachi and today this we need firing squad to shoot all those involved in this mishap

Spectribution

Tihar Jail
Banned
Fucking hell! A 12 year old frigate going to be a write off because of some lazy union leader. To repair the ship would be to construct it anew because the mast is gone.

Another danger is all the torpedos, anti ship missiles and barak 8 rounds. One mistake and it takes out adjacent ship U/C as well. Some heads need to roll. That new naval base can't come soon enough.

OnePunchMan

Country flag
Fucking hell! A 12 year old frigate going to be a write off because of some lazy union leader. To repair the ship would be to construct it anew because the mast is gone.

Another danger is all the torpedos, anti ship missiles and barak 8 rounds. One mistake and it takes out adjacent ship U/C as well. Some heads need to roll. That new naval base can't come soon enough.
they remove all the weapons before going for such a extensive damage however ship is gone or will require large modification also this ship does not have barak8 or brahmos

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
We lost 2 personnel..................................

Spectribution

Tihar Jail
Banned
they remove all the weapons before going for such a extensive damage however ship is gone or will require large modification also this ship does not have barak8 or brahmos
It is nevertheless a front line ship. I believe it can be repaired as the main hull is intact along with most sub systems. This is not an INS Sindhurakshak scuttled scenario.

Hats off to the Indian Navy for showing such exemplary stupidity. We may be the first navy in Asia to lose a frontline warship in friendly accident.

indiazain

Country flag
Accountability has to be set at the highest level and heads need to roll .Two young lives lost needlessly. Millions of $$ wasted or maybe insurance will cover.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
It is nevertheless a front line ship. I believe it can be repaired as the main hull is intact along with most sub systems. This is not an INS Sindhurakshak scuttled scenario.

Hats off to the Indian Navy for showing such exemplary stupidity. We may be the first navy in Asia to lose a frontline warship in friendly accident.

Even if it gets repaired it would take almost a year considering that our shipbuilding facilities are almost full.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Lets see how many heads will role for this incident. My guess is 0.

There is no accountability in this country.
Problem with all the government owned enterprises or organizations like municipal corporations, HAL, docks, shipyards, they have Ambedkar chaap employees from reservation quota who can't be removed from work in case of negligence and have unions to protect them. The entire nation is suffering from these blood sucking parasites.

They are a drag on the whole nation and economy.

OnePunchMan

Country flag

my brother its not indians navys problem the dockyard is responsible for that also it is nowhere near a frontline ship they are are our destroyers and ACs small ships like these are never front line ships regardless its a loss but dont let this stupid media dub it like some ground breaking accident shit happens when you operate such a huge navy

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/0...san-diego-over-pacific-ocean-pilots-safe.html

russia lost a mig 29k and a su33 back to back in a week in a week worth of carrier operation yet we have been operating ACs for quite some while the biggest loss is life of sailors ship can be repaired or salvaged no biggie and improve SOPs and again rest in peace you brave ones we are forever indebted to our soldiers.

Global Defence

Articles