Indus era 8,000 years old, not 5,500; ended because of weaker monsoon

Kshatriya87

Country flag
But i dnt get one thing. how can dwarka a very advanced city more advanced than harappa could exist before them? IF so ,, are there more citites like dwaraka unearthed? coz no city can live all alone.? if dwarka is true then so does kurushetra,
Why not? This is a never ending cycle as far as I think. Civilizations rise and fall. Indian civilization began tens of thousands of years back. They were highly advanced in science and technology and spiritual knowledge. Gradually & eventually the cities collapsed. e.g. Dwarka was no more due to rise in sea levels. It is speculated that other cities were destroyed with brahmastra & pashupatiastra.

Yes there were more cities. Why else would Lord Krishna order a man to build a city for him at the coast? Why else would he have ships? Where did the attacks on Dwarka come from?

Akask kumar

Why not? This is a never ending cycle as far as I think. Civilizations rise and fall. Indian civilization began tens of thousands of years back. They were highly advanced in science and technology and spiritual knowledge. Gradually & eventually the cities collapsed. e.g. Dwarka was no more due to rise in sea levels. It is speculated that other cities were destroyed with brahmastra & pashupatiastra.

Yes there were more cities. Why else would Lord Krishna order a man to build a city for him at the coast? Why else would he have ships? Where did the attacks on Dwarka come from?
i have problem with dating.. i read that mahabharata/krishna period was around 4000- 5000 bc.. and i see some result on artifacts recovered from dwaraka to be 130000 bc or even older. so it dsnt fit...

Kshatriya87

Country flag
i have problem with dating.. i read that mahabharata/krishna period was around 4000- 5000 bc.. and i see some result on artifacts recovered from dwaraka to be 130000 bc or even older. so it dsnt fit...
Mahabharat happened much later. Dwarka came before. Of course there is this issue that if dwarka was 32000 years old and got submerged after mahabharata, what was the age of Krishna?

It may so happen that dwarka is indeed 32000 years old and mahabharata dating is wrong as we understand it today.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
how do they arrive at an estimate of age? carbon-dating? I think that also has limitations. perhaps we'll reach closer to the Vedic dating system and concept of Yugas over years/decades. :)

may be this is an opportune time to tease this thread with/about, OOPARTs! :biggrin2:

-----------------------------------

Severe droughts in Maharashtra led to a surprise discovery of beautiful temples on the Godavari basin that give a fascinating account of the region's history.

http://www.pragyata.com/mag/chandoris-secret-153

Chandori's secret
by Yogini Deshpande

Posted On: 14 Jun 2016

A little story in the local news paper about old temples on the Godavari river bed that emerged due to the severe drought in Maharashtra took me to Chandori, a small town about 40 kms from Nashik. Located on State Highway 30 towards Aurangabad, Chandori is a small quaint town on the banks of Godavari. Locals say it derives its name from the Marathi word “Chandrakor” which means the sickle shaped moon seen on 5th or 6th day of the waning/waxing phase. The Godavari bends slightly like the moon curve and hence the name “Chandori”. It wasn’t very difficult to find the village and once I reached the place, we asked the locals how we could reach the rediscovered temples in the river. It was a small winding road that took us to the river banks. Chandori is quite small, with its main road just big enough to pass one car at a time. Both sides of the lanes are dotted with houses built in the past century, some of them being in the typical vada style timber construction ubiquitous to Maharashtra.

The sight at the banks of Godavari was nothing short of mesmerizing. The river bed had dried up and as I started walking along the bed, I discovered numerous Shivalingas of various sizes made in local basaltic rock strewn across the bed. We spotted a couple of idols of Saptashringi Devi too. Most murtis and lingams were crafted from local basaltic stone but there were a few in marble too. It is said that the river changed its course when a dam was built in the early 1900s on the upstream side and as a result, the temples started getting submerged due to the increased water level. The temples have sporadically emerged in the past as well, 1936 and 1982 to be specific.

The first temple I saw was a majestic structure built in the Hemadpanthi style with typical ornate carvings on its shikhara (dome). The villagers had cleaned up the temple though the Nandi in front of the temple was still partially buried in the river silt. The architecture of the main garbagriha is reminiscent of the Yadava architecture prevalent in the 11th to 13th century while the entrance portion resembles the Maratha architecture which has Islamic influence. The pillars at the entrance and the canopies show such influence. The garbagriha is small, of about 3x3m in size and the surrounding walls have carvings of female goddesses and other murtis whose facial features are either eroded or may have been deliberately broken.
@Kshatriya87 - you knew about this? pls cross-post to the archaeology thread too.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
how do they arrive at an estimate of age? carbon-dating? I think that also has limitations. perhaps we'll reach closer to the Vedic dating system and concept of Yugas over years/decades. :)

may be this is an opportune time to tease this thread with/about, OOPARTs! :biggrin2:

-----------------------------------

Severe droughts in Maharashtra led to a surprise discovery of beautiful temples on the Godavari basin that give a fascinating account of the region's history.

http://www.pragyata.com/mag/chandoris-secret-153

@Kshatriya87 - you knew about this? pls cross-post to the archaeology thread too.
Yes, I read it in the newspapers. Actually the locals (elders) had seen them before but not to this extent. This was the first time when the water levels went all the way down and people were able to see the entire existence of temples.

Akask kumar

Mahabharat happened much later. Dwarka came before. Of course there is this issue that if dwarka was 32000 years old and got submerged after mahabharata, what was the age of Krishna?

It may so happen that dwarka is indeed 32000 years old and mahabharata dating is wrong as we understand it today.
no mahabharata dating cant be wrong as it was done on basis of astronomical alignment. i think the people of dwaraka might hav preserved artifacts that were 32000 years old .so i think it could be history inside history..

Kshatriya87

Country flag
no mahabharata dating cant be wrong as it was done on basis of astronomical alignment. i think the people of dwaraka might hav preserved artifacts that were 32000 years old .so i think it could be history inside history..
Latest reports mention mahabharata took place in 800 B.C. You are saying 4k to 5k B.C. Which one was done on the basis of astronomical alignment?

I know Dwarka was done like that. Artifacts also and astronomical alignment also. Both pointed to 32k.

Akask kumar

Latest reports mention mahabharata took place in 800 B.C. You are saying 4k to 5k B.C. Which one was done on the basis of astronomical alignment?

I know Dwarka was done like that. Artifacts also and astronomical alignment also. Both pointed to 32k.
SUCH REPORTS ARE IDIOTIC . as every one knows that mahabharata took place at the end of dwapara yuga and was also onset of kali yuga..
dwapara yuga ended near 4000 bc.. check out any where on google.. if u want to know more about yugas ask me i will provide you a good link..

my problem was with dating of dwaraka city, i am not denying its existence ,i believe as much as you all do.
dwaraka city was engulfed by big tsunami or rise in sea level after lord krishna left the earth(end of dwapara yuga) which is around 4000 bc..
but artifacts in dwaraka are 13000 bc old. so one conclusion i can draw is this city would have existed from 13000 bc to 4000bc. may be this city was rebuilt through entire history before finally getting engulfed by sea..

Kshatriya87

Country flag
SUCH REPORTS ARE IDIOTIC . as every one knows that mahabharata took place at the end of dwapara yuga and was also onset of kali yuga..
dwapara yuga ended near 4000 bc.. check out any where on google.. if u want to know more about yugas ask me i will provide you a good link..

my problem was with dating of dwaraka city, i am not denying its existence ,i believe as much as you all do.
dwaraka city was engulfed by big tsunami or rise in sea level after lord krishna left the earth(end of dwapara yuga) which is around 4000 bc..
but artifacts in dwaraka are 13000 bc old. so one conclusion i can draw is this city would have existed from 13000 bc to 4000bc. may be this city was rebuilt through entire history before finally getting engulfed by sea..
You should watch the documentary on Dwarka. It clearly mentions the age to 32k years based of dating of artifacts and astronomical calculations. Also, the dwarka temple are actually 7 temples built one upon the other. This indicates the building of temple which after hundreds/thousands of years gets buried, another temple is built over it and so on. This proves that the city was built time and again for ages.

Hence you cannot just rely on the artifacts as they may not give you an exact timeline on the origin of city. The artifacts may have come later. The underwater dwarka city may only be the surface and there might be more structures under the foundations of this one.

Akask kumar

You should watch the documentary on Dwarka. It clearly mentions the age to 32k years based of dating of artifacts and astronomical calculations. Also, the dwarka temple are actually 7 temples built one upon the other. This indicates the building of temple which after hundreds/thousands of years gets buried, another temple is built over it and so on. This proves that the city was built time and again for ages.

Hence you cannot just rely on the artifacts as they may not give you an exact timeline on the origin of city. The artifacts may have come later. The underwater dwarka city may only be the surface and there might be more structures under the foundations of this one.
ya i have seen the doc. but why gvt is not excavating?the revealation from this sunken city will change history and will boost indian pride and their love for our culture.during 90s when the excavation began India was in turmoil , but we are pretty much stable now.. all are behind Ram mandir which has become a political topic which will be cooked over and over for political gain..
Hindu sanghatan should raise voice for dwaraka which is apolitical ,and demand excavation.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
ya i have seen the doc. but why gvt is not excavating?the revealation from this sunken city will change history and will boost indian pride and their love for our culture.during 90s when the excavation began India was in turmoil , but we are pretty much stable now.. all are behind Ram mandir which has become a political topic which will be cooked over and over for political gain..
Hindu sanghatan should raise voice for dwaraka which is apolitical ,and demand excavation.
That's a whole another mystery. Suddenly the exploration was stopped. The plan for underwater tunnel for tourism was stopped. The 2 ASI leading men in the exploration of dwarka disappeared one after the other. Foreign hand is suspected. We cannot know for sure.

Akask kumar

It most certainly does look like egyptian culture.
i just noticed there are no bangles, not necklace plus her dress is glmrous and fine.way too modern for an agro based culturre.THATS WHAT WOME WEAR ON AWARD SHOW THESE DAYS... IT looks like she is from sparta,rome or any western civ... its doesnt have eastern appeal to it.

Akask kumar

No bangles or jewelry.

Man. . . . .That dude destroyed our hopes.
they got just one part right ,, decorative hair style.may be some women had unlocked hair.and i think not all dancers were naked..in a cultured society such naked dancers are limited to closed amusement spaces only.

i just read on TOI that pooja hegde is a dancer..

if you hav more info on clothing during harappa . pls share...

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
they got just one part right ,, decorative hair style.may be some women had unlocked hair.and i think not all dancers were naked..in a cultured society such naked dancers are limited to closed amusement spaces only.

i just read on TOI that pooja hegde is a dancer..

if you hav more info on clothing during harappa . pls share...

Another interesting picture

Ornaments

Kshatriya87

Country flag
No bindi, no bangles, no necklace, hair are open. Massive discrepancies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles