Indus era 8,000 years old, not 5,500; ended because of weaker monsoon

Akask kumar

I think he is the music director of the movie and made those tribal sounds.
Our civilisation is hardly a tribal one. It is based on agriculture.
Relaxed beats and ragas does more sense than tribal drum beats made from wild animal's skin.
YA THE MOHENJODARO WAS VERY URBANISED CITIES AND I BET IT CAN STILL BEAT MANY VILLAGES AND MANY CITITES ATE PRESENT IN INDIA IN TERMS OF PLANNING,SANITATION,ROADS ETC.

mohenjodaro is the most developed site among all harappan sites, it was also the religious/spiritual center of the civilization..citiies like DHOLAVIRA had unique water harvesting system unmatched among any civilization at that time and many later..Indus valley civ were no namads they had well developed trade system,farming,art,metric sytem,there was no barter system but a developed weight measurement system . so it had currency.

i bet the movie by ashutosh gwarikor will subvert the history like he did in Jodha akhbar. Indus ppl were hindus and very cultured and i again bet they will try to show as if there was no religion at that time..

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
YA THE MOHENJODARO WAS VERY URBANISED CITIES AND I BET IT CAN STILL BEAT MANY VILLAGES AND MANY CITITES ATE PRESENT IN INDIA IN TERMS OF PLANNING,SANITATION,ROADS ETC.

mohenjodaro is the most developed site among all harappan sites, it was also the religious/spiritual center of the civilization..citiies like DHOLAVIRA had unique water harvesting system unmatched among any civilization at that time and many later..Indus valley civ were no namads they had well developed trade system,farming,art,metric sytem,there was no barter system but a developed weight measurement system . so it had currency.

i bet the movie by ashutosh gwarikor will subvert the history like he did in Jodha akhbar. Indus ppl were hindus and very cultured and i again bet they will try to show as if there was no religion at that time..
have you seen its trailer?

Nana Patekar I heard was lamenting the fact that Bajirao had fought and won 40 battles, but all bhaiwood did was to focus on some 'love story'. expect bhaiwood to crap on everything & make a pyaar-mohabbat sootiyapa out of it. @Kshatriya87

Akask kumar

Man it is painful to watch these things.
I used to admire rahman music. Now it is making me discomfortable to bash the whole thing.
You know south India and all the crap.
i herd the music and at that time i liked it , i thought this music portrayed something closer to the nature..But after reading to your comment now i think ya thats tribal ,african art and music.

ahutosh might hav consulted some historian for the movie for research into the subject ,and if these historians are JNU commie , then this movie will draw more controversy than udta punjab.. i am waiting for the trailer..

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
i herd the music and at that time i liked it , i thought this music portrayed something closer to the nature..But after reading to your comment now i think ya thats tribal ,african art and music.

ahutosh might hav consulted some historian for the movie for research into the subject ,and if these historians are JNU commie , then this movie will draw more controversy than udta punjab.. i am waiting for the trailer..
I am also waiting for the trailer to get some idea about what the heck they are trying to sell.
I have no hope in their talent to do justice in correct portrayal of film.

Akask kumar

Nana Patekar I heard was lamenting the fact that Bajirao had fought and won 40 battles, but all bhaiwood did was to focus on some 'love story'. expect bhaiwood to crap on everything & make a pyaar-mohabbat sootiyapa out of it. @Kshatriya87
bajirao mastani was a propaganda well put to lamnate that chitpavan brahmins are actual brahmins and tried to glorified them. you can google or read on wiki about them that they were BENE ISRAELI /parsis .they mixed themselves with the brahmins .. plus had a feminsit angle --mastani fighting in the battle- i dnt knw much abt bajirao , but movie did over glorified him

Akask kumar

I am also waiting for the trailer to get some idea about what the heck they are trying to sell.
I have no hope in their talent to do justice in correct portrayal of film.
ya we have seen his JODHA AKHBAR where he glorified akbar and tried to make him a secular leader well accepted by hindus.. to much bull and propaganda in the movie. we know akbar really was. no movie director has guts to portray history in right order.
our history needs to be rewritten. I hope this gvt will do it. if not then no body can.

Kshatriya87

Country flag

These bollywood producers & actors sit in their million dollar cars, live in palace like homes, surrounded by half a dozen bodyguards and try to propogate "love", "secularism" etc. I hate those bastards.

Ancient Indian

ya we have seen his JODHA AKHBAR where he glorified akbar and tried to make him a secular leader well accepted by hindus.. to much bull and propaganda in the movie. we know akbar really was. no movie director has guts to portray history in right order.
our history needs to be rewritten. I hope this gvt will do it. if not then no body can.
I agree with yours about joda Akbar.

Public mood shifting these days. Few years back there is no nationalistic wind flowing.
I think this will result in major changes in our society affecting all fields.
Watch out for telugu movie Gautami puthra satakarni. It is another try at this genre.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
The whole thing is fishy as hell.
Off topic,
BTW did you see Mohenjo-Daro motion poster?
Another propaganda movie no doubt.
They are treating it as some African civilisation. Sounds and drawings looking tribal, when ours has dancing and music is very different.
Granted bwood is crap. And this is probably going to be some crap dancing love story with little accuracy in historical depiction, considering this is b'wood the producers of lowest quality movies in india.
Hell, I watched the third highest grossing b'wood movie "Ek Tha Tiger" yesterday on laptop; it was childishly hilarious.

But the fact remains that the Indus script(s) have not been deciphered. The language of the Indus people wasn't sanskrit nor related to sanskrit.
And we have no idea what their music sounded like, we can only guess.

Ancient Indian

Granted bwood is crap. And this is probably going to be some crap dancing love story with little accuracy in historical depiction, considering this is b'wood the producers of lowest quality movies in india.
Hell, I watched the third highest grossing b'wood movie "Ek Tha Tiger" yesterday on laptop; it was childishly hilarious.

But the fact remains that the Indus script(s) have not been deciphered. The language of the Indus people wasn't sanskrit nor related to sanskrit.
And we have no idea what their music sounded like, we can only guess.
Music is very relative to life style.
What the background score is truly tribal music.
Where as Indus valley civilization is agriculture based one. This can impact music preferences.
I am not comfortable with the whole movie thing. So shared it with few fellow posters.
Let me guess. . . . .
You are one of those who support AIT right?
Their script can be deciphered. In fact, one Indian guy did that. But western people rejected his work.
In my view, there is no such thing as Indus valley civilization. It is Hindu civilization. It is there, way before past. It will be here until kalpantha.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Music is very relative to life style.
What the background score is truly tribal music.
Where as Indus valley civilization is agriculture based one. This can impact music preferences.
I am not comfortable with the whole movie thing. So shared it with few fellow posters.
Your poiint makes sense.

Let me guess. . . . .
You are one of those who support AIT right?
No need to guess, it is plain from my post :)
Given that, I will change my views if there is enough persuasion in the form of newer findings.

Their script can be deciphered. In fact, one Indian guy did that. But western people rejected his work.
Who? Iravatham Mahadevan?
He seems to support the idea that IVC script is probably proto-dravidian.

Read one of his recent papers here: https://www.harappa.com/sites/default/files/pdf/dravidian-indus.pdf

Ancient Indian

Your poiint makes sense.

No need to guess, it is plain from my post :)
Given that, I will change my views if there is enough persuasion in the form of newer findings.

Who? Iravatham Mahadevan?
He seems to support the idea that IVC script is probably proto-dravidian.

Read one of his recent papers here: https://www.harappa.com/sites/default/files/pdf/dravidian-indus.pdf
Not that guy. . .
I kind of forgot his name.

Everyone wants to prove their own theory.

We don't have enough material to clear all the doubts. It can be expected for something old such as IVC.

But what about Hindu people?
Where are they from?
Vishnu Purana states the entire state of Bharath khand . Where was it?

One more interesting thing,
When sathi Devi went to dhaksha yagna, lord Shiva warned her about the consequences. He chastised her about her decision and how she was not behaving like Aryans and why she shouldn't do it.
The gist is, shiv called parvathi an Aryan.

In Mahabharata, Krishna called Arjuna an Aryan so many times.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Not that guy. . .
I kind of forgot his name.

Everyone wants to prove their own theory.

We don't have enough material to clear all the doubts. It can be expected for something old such as IVC.

But what about Hindu people?
Where are they from?
Vishnu Purana states the entire state of Bharath khand . Where was it?

One more interesting thing,
When sathi Devi went to dhaksha yagna, lord Shiva warned her about the consequences. He chastised her about her decision and how she was not behaving like Aryans and why she shouldn't do it.
The gist is, shiv called parvathi an Aryan.

In Mahabharata, Krishna called Arjuna an Aryan so many times.
We need better funding for archeology in India to find out more about our ancestors. And I don't mean just 2000 year old ancestors. I mean thousands of years back.

There are plenty of sites where ancient cities can be located geographically but due to lack of technology, we can't be sure until we dig. Take for e.g. Cambodia. They found a giant Hindu empire city underneath using laser technology and mapped the city. I've posted the link in archeology thread.

Ancient Indian

We need better funding for archeology in India to find out more about our ancestors. And I don't mean just 2000 year old ancestors. I mean thousands of years back.

There are plenty of sites where ancient cities can be located geographically but due to lack of technology, we can't be sure until we dig. Take for e.g. Cambodia. They found a giant Hindu empire city underneath using laser technology and mapped the city. I've posted the link in archeology thread.
OK there is a process called samyama which is used by rishis.
If the person does samyama on the past, present and furure of an entity, he can learn about them.
What Vivekananda did on rock memorial is similar to this samyama process.

He had seen the past and future of the state by doing samyama on our land.

I am not suggesting this method for scientists. But want to tell you how our ancestors learn the past.

On topic,
Yes, we can learn more if we can fund the people who are doing research.
But the thing is, we lack the environment.
Our governments only concerened about poverty and development related things.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
OK there is a process called samyama which is used by rishis.
If the person does samyama on the past, present and furure of an entity, he can learn about them.
What Vivekananda did on rock memorial is similar to this samyama process.

He had seen the past and future of the state by doing samyama on our land.

I am not suggesting this method for scientists. But want to tell you how our ancestors learn the past.

On topic,
Yes, we can learn more if we can fund the people who are doing research.
But the thing is, we lack the environment.
Our governments only concerened about poverty and development related things.
Issues like poverty and unemployment can be solved by funding archeology. One ancient site and tourism will boom.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Kshatriya87

Country flag
@Ancient Indian BTW, there was also an underwater tunnel/tube planned at Dwarka so tourists can actually go underwater and watch the ruins without diving gear. That plan is also eating dust on government officials tables.

Ancient Indian

Issues like poverty and unemployment can be solved by funding archeology. One ancient site and tourism will boom.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Tourism will boom but babus are lethargic when it comes to proactive policies.

We still don't know what to do with whatever our old people left us.

We have world's best metallurgy. And fail to produce alloys for fighter planes.
We have best medicine. But still depend on western antibiotics.
Our traditional fertilisers are echo friendly and gives more yield. But we depend on imported Chinese fertilisers.

Even if we find any thing great by digging, I doubt we can make any use out of it.

Ancient Indian

@Ancient Indian BTW, there was also an underwater tunnel/tube planned at Dwarka so tourists can actually go underwater and watch the ruins without diving gear. That plan is also eating dust on government officials tables.
Blame our babus. They will shelve anything once they have no pressure from higher ups.

Akask kumar

Pathetic. If even BJP government won't do it, I don't know who will. I for one am dying to see the ruins.
BJP was there in gujarat for more than 15 years. had they done anything at dwarka in these years.asnwer is NO. then another question will come to mind-Because congress was at the center. Ok what about now??
i think its the same BJP that brought in Setu Samundram project ,that would have wiped our Ram setu.Kudos to swami for saving it.

almost all the excavation are carried out in remote places of rajasthan , gujarat etc. i f gvt start excavating in main citites like ujjain,nearby delhi, etc we will get more developed and advanced cities in past..these cities like benaras had been inhabited from very long time.For instance an excavation in haryana revealed the biggest harappa site .

But i dnt get one thing. how can dwarka a very advanced city more advanced than harappa could exist before them? IF so ,, are there more citites like dwaraka unearthed? coz no city can live all alone.? if dwarka is true then so does kurushetra,

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles