Indonesia President's India Visit Heralds New Era Of "‰Cooperation

Blackwater

It's good that India is engaging muslim countires towards its side. Arab are already in India hand now Saudis and Indonesia. Good work by India. Now will see how islam ka thakedar pakizstan deals with it. How long pakzz fool islamic duniya in the name of islam.We will see how long Islamic countries support financially to a beggger pakizstan.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
It's good that India is engaging muslim countires towards its side. Arab are already in India hand now Saudis and Indonesia. Good work by India. Now will see how islam ka thakedar pakizstan deals with it. How long pakzz fool islamic duniya in the name of islam.We will see how long Islamic countries support financially to a beggger pakizstan.
Indonesia is not what you would call so much a typical Muslim country. They acknowledge their ancient mainstream Hindu past and are proud of it (which is rare or impossible for a typical Muslim nation). Bali their only Hindu province is a celebrated region famous for all sorts and you don't have shariah running the day with mullas calling the shots. It is in fact quite decent and liberal, progressive country. Apostasy and stuff ain't treated like in Pakistan, maximum debated and left alone..etc. One example, is a case I heard back in 2007 when some Salafi Saudi mullas were in Indonesia for some conference on religion and criticized Garuda in a derogatory way. It kicked up a firestorm against the mullas who were threatened by Indonesians with their lives never to return.

As for Pakistan fooling the world, NO ONE is fooled by them. This is just the utter rubbish that they talk to us about "Islamic Union" and "Caliphate" and crap like that which not even the mulla regime of Iran buys, who is again closer to "evil Hindoo India" :)D) than the Land of Pure (where donkey sex is the most searched term of course).

For the UNSC seat this time, the middle east whether Jew or Arab unanimously voted India in favour alongside almost entire Africa. We got favourable votes from everywhere; our best figure 187 out of 190 votes. This included a lot of absolute Islamic countries too. Their so-called "Islamic brothers" the Afghans despise them, the Arabs treat them like bonded lslaves and throw a bone or two, the Jews are of course loggerheads with them, the Malaysian and Indonesian government has a non-religious and pragmatic political structure that is friendly to us.

What more is needed to prove them false?

Last edited:

ejazr

Ambassador
There are influential sections among Egyptians, Iraqis, Iranians, CARs who all acknowledge their pre-Islamic past. Even Pakistan has large heritage conservation projects around the Indus Valley civilization. Even GCC countries including Saudi Arabia have exhibitions and museums showcasing their pre-Islamic history. So to see the discourse as a single Muslim entity is incorrect really. Because of course you may find fringes who are uncomfortable with their pre-Islamic past, but you also have a large section who are not.

But about Indonesia; being a democracy has surely played a big role in making it a progressive country unlike most Arab regimes which are dictatorships and bubbling with political violence as we saw recently in Tunisia and Egypt. Like an Iraqi intellectual once mentioned, "When I go to the Arab countries I see Islam's past, when I go to Indonesia, I see Islam's future." So certainly, Indonesia can be a role model for Muslim countries to follow.

Blackwater

There are influential sections among Egyptians, Iraqis, Iranians, CARs who all acknowledge their pre-Islamic past. Even Pakistan has large heritage conservation projects around the Indus Valley civilization. Even GCC countries including Saudi Arabia have exhibitions and museums showcasing their pre-Islamic history. So to see the discourse as a single Muslim entity is incorrect really. Because of course you may find fringes who are uncomfortable with their pre-Islamic past, but you also have a large section who are not.

But about Indonesia; being a democracy has surely played a big role in making it a progressive country unlike most Arab regimes which are dictatorships and bubbling with political violence as we saw recently in Tunisia and Egypt. Like an Iraqi intellectual once mentioned, "When I go to the Arab countries I see Islam's past, when I go to Indonesia, I see Islam's future." So certainly, Indonesia can be a role model for Muslim countries to follow.
but its the pakistan which says that she is leader of muslim world and role model for muslim world . Iam kanfused:confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1:

ejazr

Ambassador
but its the pakistan which says that she is leader of muslim world and role model for muslim world . Iam kanfused:confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1:
I assume its because of what some Internet Paksitanis said. Pakistan is not a monolith and there is diverse set of opinion. Like I said they have a large number of heritage projects on the Indus valley and so on.
Best to do your own research and form your opinions rather than listen to what some Pakistanis claim

ejazr

Ambassador
India and Indonesia: China worries Financial Times

During his visit to India last year, President Barack Obama urged India to engage East and South-East Asian countries "to enhance security and prosperity of all our nations".

Indians are doing exactly that: the chief guest at India's 62nd Republic Day celebrations this week was Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, the Indonesian president – head of state of a formidable naval power that India views as a strategic partner.

The President's two-day visit culminated not only in an expansion of strategic military co-operation agreements but also in trade deals worth more than $15bn – matching the agreements signed with other leaders who visited India last year.

It is not the first time New Delhi has made such use of the Republic Day invitation : in 2009, Lee Myung-bak, South Korea's president was chief guest at the ceremony, and shortly afterwards India started working on a free trade agreement with South Korea.

The annual celebration is no longer a purely military display to show down the neighbouring rivals. Rather it has become a diplomatic exercise as the annual event coincides with trade deals alongside expanding defence agreements with like-minded neighbours.

Indonesia is an important supplier of raw materials and fuel to India while big Indian conglomerates have invested in the country's infrastructure, mining, IT and banks. This year's celebrations coincided with Indian companies winning contracts to build airports, shipyards and coal-mines across Indonesia. GVK, the Indian infrastructure development firm, will construct airports in Java and Bali, while Adani, the energy group, will build a 270-km railway line and a coal terminal in Southern Sumatra.

In the political realm, the two countries share lively domestic political scenes, recently acquired G-20 status, economic interests and above all, fears of a rising China.

Indonesia has been keen on learning from the Indian defence sector, including training and hardware manufacturing. India hopes that co-operation with Indonesia will restrain growing Chinese presence in the Indian Ocean – from the Bay of Bengal to the straits of Malacca.

Likewise, India's engagement with South Korea has involved a similar collaboration in defence manufacturing as well as investments crucial to both countries' economic prosperity and regional security.

China's rise has led to a recalibration of regional politics, bringing together previously distant partners into alliances.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles