INS Vikrant Aircraft Carrier (IAC)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The Navy chief talked about commissioning in 2k20. So maybe?
The cause of delay is the supply of aviation items from Russia according to CPS Vice Admiral Hari Kumar. If it was not for Russian incompetence it would be doing sea trials now. It is easy to see why IN wants to ditch Russian naval aviation, they are totally inept at it.

abingdonboy

Country flag
They have yet to start coating the flight deck with the slip-resistant polymer coating. Is that the last step? Also, looks like the radars are in place (the holes on the mast are covered). Not sure if the aircraft lifts are installed. Will this ship really begin trials this year?
The Navy chief talked about commissioning in 2k20. So maybe?
Sea trails and commisioning are two different things. Navy this week has said she will be in sea trails as per orginal date of Dec 2018 to be commissioned by Oct 2020 so about 20 months of sea trails which is pretty standard for a new vessel (think Kolkata took even longer than this).

Ship was 90% complete in 2017, can be ready by the end of this year for sure.

Sancho

They have yet to start coating the flight deck with the slip-resistant polymer coating. Is that the last step? Also, looks like the radars are in place (the holes on the mast are covered). Not sure if the aircraft lifts are installed. Will this ship really begin trials this year?
I was in Cochin last May and by then not even most work on the Island itself were not done. So the internals and electronics were still work in progress and just as the flight deck. Not sure from which date that pic is, but the lifts doesn't seem to be done either.

Sancho

Indian Navy Rules out Tejas Fighter Jet on New Aircraft Carrier
The Indian Navy will not deploy a naval version of the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Light Combat Aircraft Tejas aboard its new class of aircraft carriers, Admiral Sunil Lanba, chief of naval staff, told local media on December 3. The admiral cited the aircraft’s weight as one of the reasons and said that the Indian Navy is looking at alternative models.

“As far as the carrier-based aircraft is concerned, we need it in a time line of the induction of the aircraft carrier. We have the MiG 29K, which operates from Vikramaditya and will operate from IAC [indigenous aircraft carrier] Vikrant,” the admiral said. (INS Vikrantis India’s first indigenously built aircraft carrier. INS Vikramaditya is a modified Kiev-class aircraft entering service with the Indian Navy in 2013.)

“We were also hoping to operate the LCA (Light Combat Aircraft-Tejas) from these two aircraft carriers,” the admiral continued. “Unfortunately, the LCA is not being able to meet the carrier’s required capability. That is why we need an alternative aircraft to operate from these two aircraft carriers,” he added...
https://thediplomat.com/2016/12/indian-navy-rules-out-tejas-fighter-jet-on-new-aircraft-carrier/

No matter which new fighter comes, the navy will have the same mix of fighters on both carriers.

Shashwat

Country flag
Some recent pics from Terraserver - The IAC has moved northwards - not many changes visible yet especially with such a low zoom, the deck is still far from finished.

1. As on 17th Jan.

IAC1_17-01-18.jpg

2. Location as on 18th Jan - Colour Image (no change in location)

IAC1_18-01-18.jpg

3. Location as on 20th Jan - IAC1 moved quite a bit up north

IAC1_20-01-18.jpg

4. Reference for location change

IAC1-location-change.jpg

I hope some chinese guy with acess to better sat can get us better images. :p

captscooby81

Country flag
its back where it was before Image 01-02-18....Don t see any work really happening ..Was having a conversation with someone in kochi not related to CSL..I asked him why so much lethargy in completing one ship he simply said what will they do if this ship gets done ...Do it as slow as you can so that you get your monthly salary ..if you give these thugs an choice they will drag this for another 20 years till they retire ...:frusty:

INS Vikrant.jpg

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
its back where it was before Image 01-02-18....Don t see any work really happening ..Was having a conversation with someone in kochi not related to CSL..I asked him why so much lethargy in completing one ship he simply said what will they do if this ship gets done ...Do it as slow as you can so that you get your monthly salary ..if you give these thugs an choice they will drag this for another 20 years till they retire ...:frusty:

View attachment 23339
Bhaiya ji.

That is keralK,some friends tell me only 200-220 days work is done in kerala mainly because unions are just too strong and call on strikes whenever they want.No way that ship is gonna serve under indian naval flag before 2022.

Tanmay

Country flag
Bhaiya ji.

That is keralK,some friends tell me only 200-220 days work is done in kerala mainly because unions are just too strong and call on strikes whenever they want.No way that ship is gonna serve under indian naval flag before 2022.
Lul :p
I had my training period in Kerala. Once a week, we had a strike during weekdays. Entire city was shut down.
Usually over murders/deaths of political worker / union strikes.
Not once in my two month training did we have a 5 day working week:p

Also the unions are resistant to any new changes. TCS was working with Cochin Port (To make it India's first ePort). This included digitization of employee records, salaries etc. Unions opposed it tooth and nail threatening onsite TCS employees. However TCS completed it. Later after digitization it was found that even dead/ non existent employees were drawing salaries !! Hence the opposition y unions.

G10

Country flag
Work culture of hyderabad is nawabshahi and kerala trumps even the nawabs.

rone

Country flag
Some recent pics from Terraserver - The IAC has moved northwards - not many changes visible yet especially with such a low zoom, the deck is still far from finished.

1. As on 17th Jan.

View attachment 23335

2. Location as on 18th Jan - Colour Image (no change in location)

View attachment 23336

3. Location as on 20th Jan - IAC1 moved quite a bit up north

View attachment 23337

4. Reference for location change

View attachment 23338

I hope some chinese guy with acess to better sat can get us better images. :p
from this pics one thing is sure aux defense ( i have feeling of cwi is installed)and other auxiliary fitting started ...becoz look at the dock u can see center of hull block have a small opening may started fitting out of deck safety systems.. csl have very much good record for delivering ships on time...before we make decision just analyse carefully

Tanmay

Country flag
its viraat .........................
Vikrant was scrapped long ago
Bajaj even launches V15 bike with recycled steel from the warship.
The film ABCD 2 showed the dismantling of vikrant too.

Currently govts at Goa, AP, Maharashtra were looking forward to convert it to museum ship. However I don't think they have money or seriousness. She will go just like Vikrant. But she's in better condition than Vikrant which was a bit difficult to move around after so many years.

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
Vikrant was scrapped long ago
Bajaj even launches V15 bike with recycled steel from the warship.
The film ABCD 2 showed the dismantling of vikrant too.

Currently govts at Goa, AP, Maharashtra were looking forward to convert it to museum ship. However I don't think they have money or seriousness. She will go just like Vikrant. But she's in better condition than Vikrant which was a bit difficult to move around after so many years.
we should resell to country like brazil scraping it is not good idea its in nice condition

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles