Indigenous Aircraft Propulsion Systems

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
They even made their own MBT which looks new Generation and they did it in 51 Tons of weight .. I think Reverse engineering is not a bad things to start with if you want to make some head way in technologies where one don t have any knowledge . The chinnese started with Reverse engineering today their or leaps and bounds ahead in creating their own Weapon technologies ...

View attachment 14569
May be but what's the thrust of owj.

As reverse engineering mentallurgy for making crystal blades isn't easy,

It will be interesting to see if they make a plane and fly it on this engine.
If yes, congrats, if no, it's another Qaher 313 (no offense intended but happened in many cases with Iran).

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Though, it more demonstrates Iranian Reverse Engineering capabilities and not R&D,
What is thrust of engine?
What very few paople know is that Iran had employed a huge no of Russian scientist who had in past worked for Russia. All Iranian development what you in the sector of defense is thankful to Russian scientists.

captscooby81

Country flag
We could have done the same as we are using Russian weapons for more than 4 decades now even for 10 years if we used those retired russian technical experts we would have made some progress in the crucial area s of defence technologies where we lack progress today .. Seriously we need all together a aggressive defence vision and mission plan the current existing one with DRDO and HAL is too lethargic .... We have so much Indian diaspora in USA people sure working in lockheed s boeing s and General Dynamics we should tap some of them as consultants at least if not as full time employee s .

charlie

Country flag
We could have done the same as we are using Russian weapons for more than 4 decades now even for 10 years if we used those retired russian technical experts we would have made some progress in the crucial area s of defence technologies where we lack progress today .. Seriously we need all together a aggressive defence vision and mission plan the current existing one with DRDO and HAL is too lethargic .... We have so much Indian diaspora in USA people sure working in lockheed s boeing s and General Dynamics we should tap some of them as consultants at least if not as full time employee s .
well I was looking for a friend who studied B.tech in Aeronautical engineer in linkedin and found a lot of aeronautical engineers who use to work in HAL ended up working in boeing, lockheed martin and butler aerospace.

The benefits of working in US defence firms is something I guess DRDO cannot match for long time.

You can't hire them as consultants as it's against the companies policy they work for.

captscooby81

Country flag
well you have to go that far ... for me i have one from my own family who studied Aeronautical engineering and MS in Aerospace and PHD in boston now working for Boeing .. the other day i asked him come and join some company in India and do something for the country he is saying his wife feels USA is safer and better quality of living ..Kya bolna hai uskho i feel like slapping myself for even talking to him ..

well I was looking for a friend who studied B.tech in Aeronautical engineer in linkedin and found a lot of aeronautical engineers who use to work in HAL ended up working in boeing, lockheed martin and butler aerospace.

The benefits of working in US defence firms is something I guess DRDO cannot match for long time.

You can't hire them as consultants as it's against the companies policy they work for.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
HAL & BHEL to Develop 4000 HP Turboprop Engine
  1. Intended for use in NAL's RTA-90, indigenous airliner.
  2. RTA-90 already approved by ministries of S&T, Civil Aviation, Finance and PMO after September 2019.
  3. Preliminary design phase was completed within 1.5 years of approval.
  4. HTFE-25 and HTSE-1200 engines ready already for use. No applications though. Every kind of aircraft powerplants except turbojet engines are being developed in India.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
This thread would deal with various kinds of indigenous aircraft propulsion systems that are under development in India. This thread would include information about all the existing projects and future projects as well as completed projects.

This thread is brought to you on the demand of our esteemed member @Indx TechStyle :biggrin2::biggrin2: :india:
Smart Title. Somebody else would have titled it as "jet engine India" etc.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles