India's Vietnam

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
India is a neighbour of SL and its moral and practical duty of India to help her neighbours in whatever way is mutually beneficial. It is not only true for SL but also for Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Myanmar. IPKF had gone to SL under the mutual agreement between the two countries with the aim to help out LTTE and Govt of SL. It is a diffrent thing that LTTE chose otherwise. When the Govt of SL also desired that IPKF should be withdrawn, it was withdrawn. Like the Para Brigade took part quelling a rebellion by JVP in 1971 / 72.

For your kind information, your own president did not have faith on SLA and the presidential palace was guarded by Indian SF for good about three years ! There was so much infiltration of fundamentalist Buddhist JVP in SLA that it became unreliable.

IPKF shed lots of Indian blood to ensure sovereignty and integrity of SL. You call that Indian Vietnam. You can not be a true Srilankan
True!

I fear Sinhalese will go failed state pakistan's paki way and then go on a downturn and get disintegrated, they are behaving in the same manner!

HeinzGud

Country flag
India is a neighbour of SL and its moral and practical duty of India to help her neighbours in whatever way is mutually beneficial. It is not only true for SL but also for Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Myanmar. IPKF had gone to SL under the mutual agreement between the two countries with the aim to help out LTTE and Govt of SL. It is a diffrent thing that LTTE chose otherwise. When the Govt of SL also desired that IPKF should be withdrawn, it was withdrawn. Like the Para Brigade took part quelling a rebellion by JVP in 1971 / 72.<br>
<br>
For your kind information, your own president did not have faith on SLA and the presidential palace was guarded by Indian SF for good about three years ! There was so much infiltration of fundamentalist Buddhist JVP in SLA that it became unreliable.<br>
<br>
IPKF shed lots of Indian blood to ensure sovereignty and integrity of SL. You call that Indian Vietnam. You can not be a true Srilankan.
Yeah right we saw what India did to Nepal! In a geopolitical environment any action taken by certain individual is justified! I'm not against India's attitude towards SL in '80s and also it was the SL's holy right to counter Indian moves.

What help can you give to a terrorist organization???

that Mutual agreement was forced on Sri Lanka!

It was the precedent's faith of our army not the people's!

Without the fundamentalist Buddhists, SLA won't have survived.

IPKF shed lots of Indian blood to satisfy few crackpot politicians!

I don't call it India's Vietnam but expert military strategists! read the attachment.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
<br><br>
Yeah right we saw what India did to Nepal! In a geopolitical environment any action taken by certain individual is justified! I'm not against India's attitude towards SL in '80s and also it was the SL's holy right to counter Indian moves.

I need to read the rules.<br><br>What help can you give to a terrorist organization???I need to read the rules.<br><br>that Mutual agreement was forced on Sri Lanka!

<br><br>It was theI need to read the rules.precedent'sI need to read the rules.faith of our army not the people's!

I need to read the rules.<br><br>Without the fundamantalistI need to read the rules.Buddhists, SLA won't have survived.

<br><br>IPKF shed lots of Indian blood to satisfy few crackpot politicians!

I need to read the rules.<br><br>I don't call it India's Vietnam but expert military strategists! read the attachment.

Your views are more of Pakistani rather than that of a Sri Lankan. The Moderators can bear me out.

maomao

Country flag
How am I ignorant?

Oh wait a sec because I showed you the mirror!!

As you had nothing more to add to ur trolling and started posting useless/senseless pictures! :D

Now go find some interesting pics.....this is getting too boring with a moron like you....I hope you understood what I mean! ;)

HeinzGud

Country flag
How am I ignorant?

Oh wait a sec because I showed you the mirror!!

As you had nothing more to add to ur trolling and started posting useless/senseless pictures! :D

Now go find some interesting pics.....this is getting too boring with a moron like you....I hope you understood what I mean! ;)
Learn some history first and learn how to tolerate others when you are losing in a argument!

i have a lot to add so pls read the attachment and enlighten yourself!

yeah I do sorry for any inconvenience caused.

maomao

Country flag
Learn some history first and learn how to tolerate others when you are losing in a argument!

i have a lot to add so pls read the attachment and enlighten yourself!

yeah I do sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Right, I don't know History and the person who started this useless thread with an uber dumb title has - doctorate in History!

Now don't slap our own points/assertions on us, get creative and innovative; write something new and interesting rather than going round and round when you have lost the debate! ;)

NO, you did not cause any inconvenience, you are FUN; however, try and be lil more stimulating!:)

Last edited:

Nagraj

this yet to become part of india's history.
more over this is not that an important event as far as india is concerned.
so no it's not taught in india .
military historians might read and study it not schools kids.
Same thing that teach in India!

India put hand to the fire and burnt itself despite certain calls from Sri Lanka to not to do it! That's SL POV!

Nagraj

There are currently 25 users browsing this thread. (8 members and 17 guests)

Really !

agentperry

its well known that ipkf was rajiv gandhi's ambition.
it had nothing to do with peace keeping and anything like that. they were not equipped well- high casualty rates is a big proof.
they were not guided properly and like Indian missions with unpkf, many soldiers did sold arms and ammunition to ltte.

there was no clear mandate for the forces, it was emotional campaign for rajiv gandhi to show that Indian people sympathize with sri lankan tamils which is completely opposite to the mandate of indira gandhi, that is not to make any move that can create home support for sri lankan trouble.

the ipkf was neither with tamils nor with sri lankan, it was unnecessarily present where it shouldnt be.

Rahul M

heinzgud, there would have been no LTTE or IPKF had your govt not followed sinhala only policies and treated lankan tamils like 2nd class citizens. sorry scratch that, you denied them citizenship !! what kind of nazi twit does that ?
had there been no widespread govt supported pogroms on tamils sri lanka would have been a peaceful prosperous nation. but it wasn't. even your constitution is still full of bigoted sinhala first philosophy.

even if SL govt did not want it (which is not true) India was right to intervene. that your govt played with LTTE against India only shows the moral bankruptcy of them. what was the result ? you had to endure 25 more years of bloody civil war and then beg everyone, especially India to save your a$$. you were very lucky that a bunch of bloodthirsty idiots, namely the LTTE was the last tamil group standing. had it been any organisation with even an ounce of sense, say like the IRA, sri lanka would have been divided by now.

you guys also supported pakistan when it was busy conducting one of the largest genocides in human history in bangladesh. not surprising IMHO given your record.
the irony is that you do all this crypto-nazi behaviour in the name of gautam buddha and his philosophy.

Rahul M

agentperry, help from R&AW to lankan tamil groups started under IG. entirely justified IMO given the then lankan govt.

IPKF was born of the sentiment that LTTE was our mess so we should clean it up. I agree it was naive to go in without proper mandate and intel.

HeinzGud

Country flag
heinzgud, there would have been no LTTE or IPKF had your govt not followed sinhala only policies and treated lankan tamils like 2nd class citizens. sorry scratch that, you denied them citizenship !! what kind of nazi twit does that ?
had there been no widespread govt supported pogroms on tamils sri lanka would have been a peaceful prosperous nation. but it wasn't. even your constitution is still full of bigoted sinhala first philosophy.

even if SL govt did not want it (which is not true) India was right to intervene. that your govt played with LTTE against India only shows the moral bankruptcy of them. what was the result ? you had to endure 25 more years of bloody civil war and then beg everyone, especially India to save your a$$. you were very lucky that a bunch of bloodthirsty idiots, namely the LTTE was the last tamil group standing. had it been any organisation with even an ounce of sense, say like the IRA, sri lanka would have been divided by now.

you guys also supported pakistan when it was busy conducting one of the largest genocides in human history in bangladesh. not surprising IMHO given your record.
the irony is that you do all this crypto-nazi behaviour in the name of gautam buddha and his philosophy.
We denied citizenship to the Tamils who were brought to work in SL by Brits. Though we kept half of them. Does Nazi do that???

We would have been a much phosphorus nation unless Tamils accepts the truth about their ancestry and let majority take the wheel of the country. (though Tamils should partly be blamed)

Supporting Pakistan was a strategic step, it got nothing do with India.

Buddha's dead now... Who cares about him!

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
We would have been a much phosphorus nation unless Tamils accepts the truth about their ancestry and let majority take the wheel of the country. (though Tamils should partly be blamed)
So, they should remain oppressed under the Sinhalese forever? Whatever happened to equality.

agentperry

agentperry, help from R&AW to lankan tamil groups started under IG. entirely justified IMO given the then lankan govt.

IPKF was born of the sentiment that LTTE was our mess so we should clean it up. I agree it was naive to go in without proper mandate and intel.
well from the literature i had studied ipkf was there to maintain the ceasefire that India had brokered between ltte and sri lanka.
Indian tamils should not get radicalized and to avoid the Indian tamils going on with ltte and become a terror threat for rest of the people.
rajiv gandhi had ambitions just like IG to liberate people having Indian origin to have there own nation but i dont know what exactly went wrong and in the end ipkf were selling arms to ltte, exploiting locals, fighting with ltte and lankans at the same time. carrying out operations out of the blue moon and that too with no clear mandate that it is beneficial for ltte or lankan or India?

HeinzGud

Country flag
So, they should remain oppressed under the Sinhalese forever? Whatever happened to equality.
Who said about oppressing them. They should've let Sinhalese people take positions in government and civil service according to percentage of the population.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Who said about oppressing them. They should've let Sinhalese people take positions in government and civil service according to percentage of the population.
No voting?
or are you implying that Sri Lankans vote only on race?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles