India's Vietnam

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Re: Infantry Weapons of Indian Forces

LTTE recruits saw the modern small arms only after the first consignment reached them in November, 1984. In their attempt to study small arms, they not only purchased samples of M=16 and AR-15, but also samples of German G-3, Hungarian modified version of AK-47 etc. They had FN-FALs captured from the Sri Lankan forces.
They published hand books in Tamil language on each and every small arm they made as their standard weapon. I think they had the view that unless a fighter on the ground understands the basic design of the point – target weapons or the any other small and other arms, giving proper training, and proper and efficient handling by the fighters would not be possible.
To have a good knowledge on the design of point target weapons, I think, one should study the design of Russian AK-47,American M-16, Belgian FN-FAL and German G-3. All these have different operating mechanisms and differ in other aspects as well. Thus, I think, they purchased these samples also.
However, it could be confirmed that they chose AK as their standard weapon. As 13 countries manufacture modified AKs, they would have made their purchase easy.
The other models were later just used to exhibit to the visiting Journalists.You could have noticed a person by the name 'RAHIM' exhibiting these models to the television journalists.
It is foolish to think that the great 'Aryans' of India who have been using the 'ancient' 1952 modified version of the Belgian FN-FAL rifles supplied modern assault rifles to 'a bunch of Dravidian low caste sarong fellows of Lanka'!
link: Indian misery in Sri Lanka: Tamils no longer India loyalists while Sinhala govt cosies up to China « transcurrents.com

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Re: Infantry Weapons of Indian Forces

LTTE recruits saw the modern small arms only after the first consignment reached them in November, 1984. In their attempt to study small arms, they not only purchased samples of M=16 and AR-15, but also samples of German G-3, Hungarian modified version of AK-47 etc. They had FN-FALs captured from the Sri Lankan forces.
They published hand books in Tamil language on each and every small arm they made as their standard weapon. I think they had the view that unless a fighter on the ground understands the basic design of the point – target weapons or the any other small and other arms, giving proper training, and proper and efficient handling by the fighters would not be possible.
To have a good knowledge on the design of point target weapons, I think, one should study the design of Russian AK-47,American M-16, Belgian FN-FAL and German G-3. All these have different operating mechanisms and differ in other aspects as well. Thus, I think, they purchased these samples also.
However, it could be confirmed that they chose AK as their standard weapon. As 13 countries manufacture modified AKs, they would have made their purchase easy.
The other models were later just used to exhibit to the visiting Journalists.You could have noticed a person by the name 'RAHIM' exhibiting these models to the television journalists.
It is foolish to think that the great 'Aryans' of India who have been using the 'ancient' 1952 modified version of the Belgian FN-FAL rifles supplied modern assault rifles to 'a bunch of Dravidian low caste sarong fellows of Lanka'!
link: Indian misery in Sri Lanka: Tamils no longer India loyalists while Sinhala govt cosies up to China � transcurrents.com

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles