India's strategic program

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think we don't have any thread to discuss just Indias nuclear weapons updated and discussed on a regular basis. This sticky to be used for any such news and discussion.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
To kick of discussions here,

There is a gross mismatch between Indias ballistic missile program and number of estimated nuclear warheads.

India has Phritvi, A1,A2 and A3 operational. A5, K15 and also an SLBM is in the work.

A5 and SLBM is going to be with MIRVs, 5 of them at least per missile. Considering a stock of 10 A5s at least in the future, that means 50 warheads just on A5. India plans at least 5 Arihant class subs which has a capacity of 4 SLBMs which means at least 20 of them with 5 MIRVs totaling to 100 warheads.

Add to this warheads for Phritvi, A1,2,3 and Shaurya and Sagarika along with the warheads for IAF, we are looking at an arsenal that would be in the range of 200-250 warheads to reconcile with the ballistic missile development.

Iamanidiot

Yusuf believe a system is operational .Only if the system is seen in regimental colours..I have some extremely depressing news

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yusuf believe a system is operational .Only if the system is seen in regimental colours..I have some extremely depressing news
JP, I think there may be a lot happening behind the scene away from public eye. Remember all the surprises we have got in the strategic program including development of previously unknown missiles like K15, now K4, Shaurya. So I don't think we are sitting on out haunches.

Iamanidiot

Yusuf you are too optimistic.The Dodo has a reputation in the armed forces that it never delivers a product which is user-friendly.Iam patriotic not jingostic

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I agree with YUSUF BHAI. Lot os things are happening behind the scenes. Publicly we never knew about AGNI V. It was an open secret. Many things are being developed daily. No one knew about the Arudra Radar Systems until they were deployed yesterday. No specifications were given about it until yesterday or the day before its deployment. We are coming across new systems and equipments being used by our SECURITY PERSONALS, whether it is internal or domestic security or the ARMED FORCES and that is visible in photographs taken by someone. So, always expect the unexpected to happen. Also the news that IA has deployed AGNI 3 inside mountain ranges which are targeted at china was also not known to the public.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yusuf you are too optimistic.The Dodo has a reputation in the armed forces that it never delivers a product which is user-friendly.Iam patriotic not jingostic
I am being a realist. What would all the missiles be for if there are no warheads for it? Do you think we have no good nuke program?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles