India's per capita income crosses Rs 50K

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
That is very expensive, with that kind of money, you can get a 2Mbps unlimited internet connection for a year in China.

In my town, 4Mbps unlimited internet connection for a year costs 320 RMB (51.46$), and the price is still going down.
Internet connection (real broadband) is expensive in India, compared to other things. Till one year back I had a nasty "Reliance Netconnect" USB connection which used to charge me Rs 1500 ($30) every month and used to give patchy speeds - anywhere between 256 kbps and 1 mbps.

Now I have ACT Broadband, which charges $25 per month and gives me 10 MBPS, consistently, upto 50 GB download. Even after 50 GB the speed comes down to 2 Mbps only. ACT Broadband is a new phenomenon, and very soon Reliance and the other looters will slash their rates tenfold or more.

Does that mean the bankruptcy of the Not-Interested theory?

More posts indicate people can't afford internet connection.
If China had these kinds of broadband rates, most Chinese couldn't have afforded one either.

In India now, rates have just begun to climb down from this year and in two years you will see rates being slashed to 50% of current levels. Watch this space.

Tolaha

Post #1:

400 million middle class? That is definitely a good-looking number.

What is the size of Indian netizen populaton? Approximate 100 million if my memory serves.

So 3 out of 4 Indian mid-class can't even afford a cheap desktop and a proper internet connection?

Are you [edited] kidding me?
Conclusion: The numbers are wrong. The middle class in India cannot be so big. If they were, they could have afforded an internet connection.

Post #2:

I never said that having no internet connection means being absolute poor, please don't stretch my words. But it is kind of weird that being a middle-class in 21th century, you can't even afford proper internet connection.
Conclusion: Nope, they aren't absolute poor, but for sure they cannot afford internet. So, the numbers are wrong.

Post #3:

Does that mean the bankruptcy of the Not-Interested theory?

More posts indicate people can't afford internet connection.
Conclusion: :fkidding:

Mosts posts indicated that many in India did not think internet was needed at home while a few posts indicated (rightly) to the costs. After having conveniently linked the criteria to be a middle class as having an internet connection, what is your latest wishlist for an Indian to be considered middle class? And when you do, it would actually be on topic!

One doesnt have to trade basic rights with Internet connection, all you need is money. As a people who is working with Internet service provider, i can assure you that.

And in 21th century, having access to Internet means having access to freely flowing information, which should also be counted as a basic right.

Sent from Huawei Ascend T8830
I love CCP! :love:

cloud_9

Country flag
There were 31 million middle class households in 2011 and average household size is 5.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles