India's Nuclear Doctrine

Should India have tested a Megaton warhead during Pokran?

• Total voters

CCP

We'll know who's right when we nuke each other.
Any guesses on what targets are to be hit first?
How can you nuke China? with your untested nuclear weapon?

Chinese nuclear weapon are fully tested and ready to use.

CCP

Shakti III – An experimental boosted fission design that used "non-weapon grade" plutonium, but which likely omitted the material required for fusion, yielding 0.3 kt.
Shakti IV- A 0.5 kt experimental device.
Shakti V – A 0.2 kt experimental device that used uranium-233.

Has PRC tested such items.

Also what is the physical size - dimensions and proportions of the Test No.6 by PRC and the video you showed (i apologize i did not watch it - does it mention the physical size of the weapon inside the video). That would be helpful in using the ratios of scale on Shakti I.

Perhaps one can look at the lift-off weight for a typical H-6 bomber and why that was used.
anyway, it is weapon sized, and ready to use.

you can see it at 10".

Compersion

Country flag
anyway, it is weapon sized, and ready to use.

you can see it at 10".
Can that fit onto any of the PRC missiles that specific design since you mention it is weapon sized. Are you trying to say that the ready to use weapon would use a H-6 bomber.

I looked at the video and it is difficult to measure the physical size - dimensions and proportions of the Test No.6. I am surprised you are not able to give the exact dimensions. I can put a picture of Shakti I (please notice the specific design) and we can start look at it for fun and imagine how many of these would equal the size of test No.6.

It is a proud achievement of PRC to have done Test No. 6 and such information physical size - dimensions and proportions of the weapon ought to be out there and known by intellectuals like you.

For a more stimulating exercise perhaps you can mention that last 10 tests PRC did (include the North Korean and Pakistan ones). And mention the designs and yields.

Last edited:

CCP

Can that fit onto any of the PRC missiles.
I do not think so. Warhead sized was tested at 1969.

Are you trying to say that the ready to use weapon would use a H-6 bomber.
yes.

It is a proud achievement of PRC to have done Test No. 6 and such information physical size - dimensions and proportions of the weapon ought to be out there and known by intellectuals like you.

For a more stimulating exercise perhaps you can mention that last 10 tests PRC did (include the North Korean and Pakistan ones). And mention the designs and yields.
The world only need to know China have practicable mt nuclear weapon from 1967 is more than enough.

btw, max load for H-6 is 9t (when load only half gas), so the weight of the bomb will less than 8t.

"Shakti I – A thermonuclear device yielding 45 kt, but designed for up to 200 kt."

When you see "nuclear device" , then the size will not smaller than a house.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
I do not think so. Warhead sized was tested at 1969.

yes.

The world only need to know China have practicable mt nuclear weapon from at 1967 is more than enough.

You suggest that PRC has a "practicable" mt nuclear weapon. Is that practicable ability match to the present and current times. Especially with advent of MIRV missiles and radars and missile defenses. You are categorizing the PRC Test No.6 weapon to be a Warhead with H-6 Bomber delivery system (only). The range and speed and lift-off weight of H-6 bomber is what. Will that ever be used is another question. Also the MT weapon would slow down the H-6 bomber and probably impact its range.

I believe the most appropriate statement can be the world only need to know the India nuclear technology and skills is of practicable use and is much better compared to what is enough. Has India demonstrated certain capabilities (look at the specific designs). Perhaps another way to say - has India demonstrated nuclear technology and skills ahead of PRC. After-all India was the first to have such skills.

To demonstrate my point - recent advancements:

Shakti III – An experimental boosted fission design that used "non-weapon grade" plutonium, but which likely omitted the material required for fusion, yielding 0.3 kt.
Shakti V – A 0.2 kt experimental device that used uranium-233.

You can mention that last 10 tests PRC did (include the North Korean and Pakistan ones). And mention the designs and yields. Focus on the North Korean ones especially and ask why the yields are low.

One can also perform a exercise by saying a single 315 MT weapon on a h-6 bomber is better compared to a Shakti I weapon on a missile in a MIRV configuration of a total MT yield. Does testing of MIRV capability by India signify that it has practicable MT capability in the era of CTBT and NPT (if denial of MT capability is your theme towards India). (Since India can demonstrate putting two - three Shakti I specific designs together.)

While the H-6 bomber is about to take off and not have left PRC airspace with the MT yield weapon ...

Also how much material did PRC use to reach the same design capability of India. Perhaps it is easier to say how much material did India use to reach and go beyond the same design capability of PRC. Focus on the practicable nuclear skills and capability.

The best way for everyone to look at this is for you to mention what is the official position of PRC on India with reference to Nuclear Weapons.

Last edited:

CCP

The best way for everyone to look at this is for you to mention what is the official position of PRC on India with reference to Nuclear Weapons.
LOL, what do want China to say? " we are considering to nuke india."???

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
LOL, what do want China to say? " we are considering to nuke india."???
What is the official position of PRC on India with reference to Nuclear Weapon capability. Also are you considering to nuke India with the h-6 bomber-mt weapon.

CCP

What is the official position of PRC on India with reference to Nuclear Weapon capability.
I do not think any country will make that kind of official position.

Also are you considering to nuke India with the h-6 bomber-mt weapon.
At 60's and 70's, it was a very practicable solution.
But I do not think China need use to nuke India.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
I do not think any country will make that kind of official position.
That is where the BJP policy will (and has to) focus on. and that is primary focus to get on the UNSC and also all the other agreements and groups that need to be put in place in conjunction with that.

Please mention the official PRC position at this moment it is out there. Is it a bit like the h-6 bomber-mt weapon capability - India has no capability. Also 1960 - 1970s very practicable solution does that equals to a 2014 "enough" practicable solution.

What will PRC use to nuke India. Will it be a Megaton Nuclear device that PRC has practicably tested.

Last edited:

CCP

That is where the BJP policy will (and has to) focus on. and that is primary focus to get on the UNSC and also all the other agreements and groups that need to be put in place before that.

Please mention the official PRC position at this moment it is out there. Is it a bit like the Megaton capability - India has no capability.
I do not think any country need to make that kind of official position.
What nation goal can be benefit to make that official position? humiliate India?

Compersion

Country flag
I do not think any country need to make that kind of official position.
What nation goal can be benefit to make that official position? humiliate India?
Just like you are trying to humiliate India by saying it does not have Megaton capability.

But it is there.

India is a Nuclear Weapons State and it has achived that in the present frameworks of CTBT and NPT and has got the major powers to agree on the same to be classified accordingly - that was difficult and has to be admired. India has a special status one can say - it is unprecedented.

PRC is resentful of India having such capabilities and will try to not make it happen when it knows it is there for all practicable reasons.

Please mention the official PRC position on India Nuclear capability at this moment it is out there. We can compare how accurate that position is and also try to understand why that position is there.

After-all if PRC is saying India is not having Megaton capability - one needs to know what they are saying about India Nuclear Weapon capability.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
The world only need to know China have practicable mt nuclear weapon from 1967 is more than enough.

btw, max load for H-6 is 9t (when load only half gas), so the weight of the bomb will less than 8t.

"Shakti I – A thermonuclear device yielding 45 kt, but designed for up to 200 kt."

When you see "nuclear device" , then the size will not smaller than a house.
I read this part only now.

8 tonnes would be the maximum weight but for practicable purpose it can be 0.1 tonnes to 8 tonnes. Also you say the size will not smaller compared to a house. What is the main weight component of a megaton bomb. Is it some special magic material that weighs nothing. Is there any difference for all megaton bombs and what is specific to such. Is the PRC megaton weight component different compared to other countries weight component of Megaton bombs. Are you saying the PRC has designed the metal casing and parachutes and locking mechanism on the delivery system (h-6 bomber) for a Megaton and India has not.

What is the difference between a 50 KT thermonuclear device compared to a 100 KT. Does the trigger get changed is there a new material used. Is the components increased in size. Is there special changes to the design.

Has India defined its use and policy of Nuclear Weapons to be a missile based delivery method for larger yields since it is impracticable (not practicable) to use H-6 bomber-Megaton bombs in the present times. What is the range of the H-6 bomber-Megaton bombs and what happens if it gets shot down inside PRC by a handheld rocket launcher (you never know).

Also when India will test its MIRV capability it will also be characterized to be a Megaton Missile testing capability. The delivery system would be a missile and not a bomber.

Next this is a area where PRC and India can play chopsticks. How do you increase the yield of a nuclear weapons. Can you use a low yield nuclear weapon to increase the total yield of a nuclear weapon.

Why focus on Megaton - one needs to discuss efficiency and design of nuclear weapons. This is a juicy area where India and PRC capability can be pushed to extremes. But i look at the following and think to myself what is India recent advancements:

Shakti V – A 0.2 kt experimental device that used uranium-233

What is the recent advancement of PRC nuclear testing. This time the focus is not on capability but on actual tests.

Last edited:

CCP

I read this part only now.

8 tonnes would be the maximum weight but for practicable purpose it can be 0.1 tonnes to 8 tonnes. Also you say the size will not smaller compared to a house. What is the main weight component of a megaton bomb. Is it some special magic material that weighs nothing. Is there any difference for all megaton bombs and what is specific to such. Is the PRC megaton weight component different compared to other countries weight component of Megaton bombs. Are you saying the PRC has designed the metal casing and parachutes and locking mechanism on the delivery system (h-6 bomber) for a Megaton and India has not.

What is the difference between a 50 KT thermonuclear device compared to a 100 KT. Does the trigger get changed is there a new material used. Is the components increased in size. Is there special changes to the design.

Has India defined its use and policy of Nuclear Weapons to be a missile based delivery method for larger yields since it is impracticable (not practicable) to use H-6 bomber-Megaton bombs in the present times. What is the range of the H-6 bomber-Megaton bombs and what happens if it gets shot down inside PRC by a handheld rocket launcher (you never know).

Also when India will test its MIRV capability it will also be characterized to be a Megaton Missile testing capability. The delivery system would be a missile and not a bomber.

Next this is a area where PRC and India can play chopsticks. How do you increase the yield of a nuclear weapons. Can you use a low yield nuclear weapon to increase the total yield of a nuclear weapon.

Why focus on Megaton - one needs to discuss efficiency and design of nuclear weapons. This is a juicy area where India and PRC capability can be pushed to extremes. But i look at the following and think to myself what is India recent advancements:

Shakti V – A 0.2 kt experimental device that used uranium-233

What is the recent advancement of PRC nuclear testing. This time the focus is not on capability but on actual tests.
I give up....

CCP

why are you getting personal? Are we calling you slit eyed dog eaters?
No, I just quoted his words...he also mentioned Minister of Defence told him the same thing.

you are getting racism...

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
I give up....

Take it easy also relax pussy.

It would be fascinating to see the Nuclear Policy and aspiration for UNSC membership and how PRC reacts in the foreseeable future. The Indian MIRV is essential and also Indian ICBM 10,000 Km + range would be delicious.

The steps are being taken step-by-step and already there is good noises coming out for the new leadership to come in and get the ball rolling into place.

prohumanity

Country flag
The road to World peace goes through militarily very strong India. Once West or China is totally convinced that they can not win if they attack India, the true peace has a chance. Mutually assured destruction makes West /China realize that India can not be bullied anymore. India's nuclear doctrine should be just like that of Russia which says " If the nation is attacked by a foreign power by any type of weapons..Russia has right to use its nuclear arsenal."
No first Use is a policy of cowards. Why US or Russia does not have"no first use policy.'?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles