India's next Army Chief: Dalbir Singh Suhag

Blackwater

Eastern army commander Lt. General Dalbir Singh Suhag, tipped to take over from General Bikram Singh as the next Army Chief in August 2014, is all set to move to New Delhi as the next vice-chief.

Sticking to the norm of getting the "chief-in-line" accustomed with South Block, the government has cleared his appointment to replace Lt. General S.K. Singh, who is retiring.

Lt. General Dalbir Singh had got embroiled in a controversy when the previous Army Chief General V.K. Singh had imposed a discipline and vigilance promotion ban which was set aside, paving the way for his appointment as the eastern army commander.

Along with Suhag, eastern air command chief Air Marshal R.K. Sharma will also move to New Delhi as the new IAF vice-chief.

Sharma will replace Air Marshal Arup Raha who will take over as the next Chief of Air Staff on December 31.

RAISINA TATTLE: 'Next Army Chief' sent to Delhi | Mail Online

Blackwater

i know @ ray sir will be very disappointed with this news,

can he share his disappointment

Neil

Country flag
vice chief...!! i thought he would be the next COAS according to conspiracy theories...

anyways congratulation to the new V- COAS... thank you for your service...!!

pankaj nema

Country flag
The Line of Succession as pre decided by Gen J J SIngh and his
crony Deepak Kapoor FINALLY ends with Gen Suhag

After Gen Suhag the next General will be selected purely on merit

Some deserving Major Generals were deliberately shunted out
to make way for General Suhag

JBH22

The Line of Succession as pre decided by Gen J J SIngh and his
crony Deepak Kapoor FINALLY ends with Gen Suhag

After Gen Suhag the next General will be selected purely on merit

Some deserving Major Generals were deliberately shunted out
to make way for General Suhag
Were they that bad?

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Sir, could you please give us some insight into his persona?

Is he also politically inclined (towing the GoI's line) like our current COAS? Or a hard-spined person like Gen. V.K. Singh?

Is he a modernizer? Is he a reformer? etc. etc.

I know Suhag.

Now, what would that mean?:rofl:

Blackwater

I know Suhag.

Now, what would that mean?:rofl:
Sir, could you please give us some insight into his persona?

Is he also politically inclined (towing the GoI's line) like our current COAS? Or a hard-spined person like Gen. V.K. Singh?

Is he a modernizer? Is he a reformer? etc. etc.
i meant that sir ray

Dinesh_Kumar

I am not happy with Gen BS for his lack of action during Chinese intrusions in DBO and the mini Kargil like situation in J & K. Even the IAF Activated their missile batteries and fired 2 OSA SAM Shots in the Eastern Sector to signal their readiness to join any Battle, but the army was Silent and Unmoved.

kseeker

Retired
Ex-COAS Gen VK Singh has mentioned about Dalbir Singh Suhag in his biography (which I had recently read) and why he was not happy with Suhag's actions .

Even this came out as a news...

An excerpt from following article

President Patil told me not to quit after row over date of birth, says V K Singh - Indian Express Mobile

Gen. Singh has also sought to justify the last minute action and show-cause notice he issued to Lt. Gen. Dalbir Singh — the Eastern Army Commander who is slated to be the next Chief - for a botched up intelligence operation.

Singh has claimed that he received a call from Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi who complained that only "perfunctory steps" had been taken against Col. Sreekumar, the commanding officer of an intelligence unit in the 3 Corps commanded by Lt. Gen. Dalbir Singh Suhag, whose "people" stole a "variety of electronic items and a licensed pistol" during a raid in Jorhat.

V K Singh has written that he spoke to Dalbir Singh about this and told him "covering up was not acceptable".

"Suhag once again hemmed and hawed and eventually the BGS III Corps passed some mild strictures against Sreekumar that actually had no meaning," V K Singh has written.

Reached for his comment, Gogoi told The Indian Express he had not seen or read V K Singh's autobiography. But he said it was true he had called up the General.

"I did call up General V K Singh to tell him that appropriate action under the law should be taken against the particular officers if they are found guilty in the particular case involving the 3 Corps. The General in return promised me that he would take action according to the law," Gogoi said Thursday.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles