India's Future Strategic Goals

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I was reading some article and in the comments section I came across this

well the point is the growth of China and India is seen with suspicion by the present powerful blocks. China is determined to emerge as the most powerful nations and has been expressing it so openly...with the argument that being the most populous country with so much of land mass and rich history ( 32% share in international trade - pre industrial revolution) China deserves to be the most powerful nation in the world. They call it reinstatement their glory which they they lost in the period of humiliation( post industrial revolution) . China is preparing accordingly in the following manner:
1. Do not disturb the present power equation and balance.
2. Avoid conflict till the China is powerful ( economically as well as militarily).
3. Grow economically --Invest in Africa----
4. Achieve technological breakthroughoughs in strategically imp areas. (640 areas already selected to jump to 7/8 generation technology to race ahead from the present powers)
5. And assert by 2035 or 40.
In case China is able to solve the energy dependency problem than may be by 2025/30.
Plus minus 5 yrs in above.
China is focused and moving ahead with crystal clear strategy with strong determination. This is where that nation is being taken so seriously by the present powerful nations.
I think this guy is right regarding Chinese strategy.
That being said,

Do you believe India too has some kind of strategy for its future which is followed by successive governments, albeit through different methods. Please post your opinions on:
1)What this strategy is. (If it exists)
2)What it should be. (Ideally)

Also read what this guy had to say about India.

Look for a post by Anonymous posted on 12 July 2009 at 10:54 PM
8ak - Indian Defence News

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles