India's Future Main Battle Tank, NGMBT

san

And that`s what I am talking about. Its not necessary that he who looks powerful can achieve all the tasks. But in Sri Lanka dont blame our forces brother. Our forces were not guided properly by the Sri Lankan authority against the one of the most powerful networks in the world i.e. LTTE.
So what is your point. IA is in Sri Lanka thinking Sri Lankan authority will guide them properly like a child?

san

I wouldn't be too worried about China in 2030. No water, no resources, and a bunch of famine stricken old men they will be.
I donot know about China but I am always worried when we see our infrastacture and communication in Arunachal Pradesh and Assam.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Buddy NATO forces are fighting an open war with the Taliban. On the other hand in Kashmir we are just preventing terrorist from entering into India. Now you tell me who will have more casuality. Just tell me.
Just one question lord almighty, What is CT ops ??

So when did I said that India will make Arjun MK2 in the next 2-3 years. I only supported India`s ability of making Arjun MK 2 in the upcoming future and that`s it. What are we debating all about?
Now who said Arjun2 cant be developed??

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Counter Terrorism Operations. Now my big brother wants to prove me wrong by taking my knowledge test.
By the way why did you asked that?
Yes i am!
Buddy NATO forces are fighting an open war with the Taliban. On the other hand in Kashmir we are just preventing terrorist from entering into India. .
Do you know what we doing in Kashmir?
Do you know why we are so successful in kashmir??

Besides, My little innocent bro, In Afghanistan NATO is doing similar operation but not successful as we are, now the question i asked you before, is why??

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
We run away from Lanka after loosing 2,000 men but Sri Lanka can able to defeat LTTE . In Nagaland we are fighting for last 50 years still not able to defeat NSCN. In Kasmir we are fighting for last 20 years without sucess. In Punjab it is punajab police that done the job. Gurrilla war is somthing different than conventional war. We cannot compare
Watch out before you speak, IPKF didnt ran away from Sri Lanka but they were withdrawn because of the political reasons. Check your records before posting it on a public forum, casualities of the IPKF were 1255 and not 2000. IPKF fought bravely and till their with drawl , they killed 7000 LTTE members. These records are only for three years since IPKF were deployed only for two and half years in Sri Lanka(1987-90).
And as I studied that case, Sri Lankan authority didnt gave a single help to the IPKF.
but Sri Lanka can able to defeat LTTE
They were able to do it in almost 30-40 years or more and that too because of IPKF which destroyed main networks of the LTTE. And i can bet on this that whole LTTE would have been destroyed by the IPKF in 5- 10 yers if they would have stayed and continued their operation in Lanka.

You must go through the entire event again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Peace_Keeping_Force

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag

Besides, My little innocent bro, In Afghanistan NATO is doing similar operation but not successful as we are, now the question i asked you before, is why??
Yes I do know. The Indian Army, with the combined support and effort of CRPF, BSF are countering terrorism in J & K. Mainly on the border villages and towns. In includes army`s special divisions( ghatak, etc).
We are getting extensive success MAINLY because of the accurate intelligence informations and proper training given to our new and young officers working in those areas due to which they are able to tackle terrorism more efficiently , effectively and safely. Also more better equipments(bullet proof jackets, advanced small and heavy arms and ammunitions and better tactics).
Anything else bhai sahab. And please let me know if I am wrong which you would surely do.LOL

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Yes I do know. The Indian Army, with the combined support and effort of CRPF, BSF are countering terrorism in J & K. Mainly on the border villages and towns. In includes army`s special divisions( ghatak, etc).
RR

We are getting extensive success MAINLY because of the accurate intelligence informations and proper training given to our new and young officers working in those areas due to which they are able to tackle terrorism more efficiently,
Good u know some facts, though simply our strategy is to flood the area with troops and thats the reason why tango activity is minimum..
whereas NATO is simple using special forces on strategic locations and the large amount of troops are from Afghan army..
Now you understand why their strategy is not working..

effectively and safely. Also more better equipments(bullet proof jackets, advanced small and heavy arms and ammunitions and better tactics).
During my time ( Few months back ) my view abt the gear our soldiers provided with are not upto the better standard..
still it works..

Anything else bhai sahab. And please let me know if I am wrong which you would surely do.LOL
LOL, Anytime!

Last edited:

macintosh

Yes i am!

Sir the reason is boots on ground and the grid system being followed where the entire area is divided into grids and manned. But I fail to understand how on earth do we not provide the infantry with thermal imaging and optical sensors ??? Is this because 65000 jawans retire annually so a few hundreds lost dont matter ???? In CI these accessories could be life saving, ain't it ???

As far as A-stan is considered most professional US soldiers also know that there is no substitute for boots on grounds but politicians take other issues into cognizance also like falling support for war. Then their ROE's also different from hose of IA in kashmir wherein engaging with Taleban is contemplated in certain situations only. Moreover a number of positives from Vietnam are being forgotten and such incentives need to be restarted for gaining rapport with locals.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sir the reason is boots on ground and the grid system being followed where the entire area is divided into grids and manned. But I fail to understand how on earth do we not provide the infantry with thermal imaging and optical sensors ??? Is this because 65000 jawans retire annually so a few hundreds lost dont matter ???? In CI these accessories could be life saving, ain't it ???
Our Infantry units are equipped with sufficient amount of thermal & NV sights, the problem is we need to change the basic infrastructure and the gear ( BP VEST, Bag, food pakages its ), Still with present gear we are doing our job magnificently..

As far as A-stan is considered most professional US soldiers also know that there is no substitute for boots on grounds but politicians take other issues into cognizance also like falling support for war. Then their ROE's also different from hose of IA in kashmir wherein engaging with Taleban is contemplated in certain situations only. Moreover a number of positives from Vietnam are being forgotten and such incentives need to be restarted for gaining rapport with locals.
Well i can go on but this would be a serious Offtopic,
In short i think we both know the tactical and practical errors in home and also on the field..

macintosh

Our Infantry units are equipped with sufficient amount of thermal & NV sights
Sir but that doesn't show on TV coverages. Whenever any attack in JK is covered on TV all I see are Jawans with minimum gear no thermal & NV sights. And neither in Northeast. i have yet to see an Indian Soldier who looks like his NATO counterpart.

PS : My last off topic post in this thread.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
During my time ( Few months back ) my view abt the gear our soldiers provided with are not upto the better standard..
still it works..
LOL, Anytime!
But as far as I know, our men in J&K are provided with the best what IA has. Like the zittara, insas, minsas, night vision goggles, type 3A bullet proof jackets and other heavy weapons. Isnt it so?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
But as far as I know, our men in J&K are provided with the best what IA has. Like the zittara, insas, minsas, night vision goggles, type 3A bullet proof jackets and other heavy weapons. Isnt it so?
I doubt abt Zittara, though TAR-21 is operational within 9TH PARA SF, Insas is mainly used in defensive purpose, RR patrols are equipped with AK-47 & AK-types and the BP we used is about 8 to 10kgs heavy, marksmen are always armed with SVD, As for RL we have heavy 84mm, AGL/FN MAG are also for defensive purpose..

These r few pic i posted on MP.net back in May-April..
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?89961-Indian-Armed-Forces/page275

I hope u have a good idea what regular RR men have in patrol..

Sir but that doesn't show on TV coverages. Whenever any attack in JK is covered on TV all I see are Jawans with minimum gear no thermal & NV sights. And neither in Northeast. i have yet to see an Indian Soldier who looks like his NATO counterpart.

PS : My last off topic post in this thread.
Well in TV you get the glimpse of what we have, And most of the coverage you see are of the Day time..
We use primarily Insas thermal on AK and its effective..

Last edited:

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
I doubt abt Zittara, though TAR-21 is operational within 9TH PARA SF, Insas is mainly used in defensive purpose, RR patrols are equipped with AK-47 & AK-types and the BP we used is about 8 to 10kgs heavy, marksmen are always armed with SVD, As for RL we have heavy 84mm, AGL/FN MAG are also for defensive purpose..

These r few pic i posted on MP.net back in May-April..
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?89961-Indian-Armed-Forces/page275

I hope u have a good idea what regular RR men have in patrol..

Well in TV you get the glimpse of what we have, And most of the coverage you see are of the Day time..
We use primarily Insas thermal on AK and its effective..
is that your pics? these are amazing. I have pics of soldiers working with zittara in J&K will be posting soon.

anavangotvipin

We are expecting too much from our DRDO and CVRD.We must analyse the combat vehicles of other countries, understand their pros and cons and design it siuitable to Indian conditions.The demands of the Indian Army are perfectly correct and they are gooing 2 keep their hopes high on this.

Patriot

Country flag
Indian Army formulates requirements for FMBT

Prototype of Arjun MK2

NEW DELHI (PTI): The government Monday said the Army has formulated its requirements for a Future Main Battle Tank, which is likely to be developed by the year 2020.

"Preliminary Staff Qualitative Requirement of Future Main Battle Tank has been formulated by the Army...It is likely to be developed by the year 2020," Defence Minister A K Antony told Lok Sabha in reply to a written query.

For its future warfare requirements, the Army wants its futuristic tank to be lighter and more capable than that of the present ones in its inventory such as the T-90, Arjun and the T-72 tanks, he said.

The Indian Army has over 3,000 tanks in its fleet, which includes a majority of Russian-origin T-72 and T-55, which are likely to be replaced in the near future.

http://www.brahmand.com/news/Indian-Army-formulates-requirements-for-FMBT/5712/1/14.html

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles