India's Future Main Battle Tank, NGMBT

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
India do have laser tech but not the kind army demanding even US don't have such small high power laser as active defensive suit..
DRDO have to get MK-2 by 2020..

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
So what if US does not have high power laser as active defensive suit. it is not compulsory that US will always make a the latest equipment in the defense technology field. US is not anyone`s godfather that a nation has to take permission from him to make new weapons. So please dont give these excuses that if US doesnt have something then it means that India can never develop that tach.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
So what if US does not have high power laser as active defensive suit. it is not compulsory that US will always make a the latest equipment in the defense technology field. US is not anyone`s godfather that a nation has to take permission from him to make new weapons. So please dont give these excuses that if US doesnt have something then it means that India can never develop that tach.
When i said or meant " US is not anyone`s godfather that a nation has to take permission from him "....

My post was based on the present facts,
US is presently dominating on laser weapon research, No other nation have invested on such systems like Boeing YAL-1 ,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_YAL-1

Also they are they first one to have a working model that can be fitted on Humvee
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/4231116
But still unable to develop a hard kill system for tanks..

Where now at present day, DRDO laboratory, has developed 'Laser Dazzler' - a non-lethal gun which could virtually "blind" the terrorist or anti-social element for around 40 seconds - time good enough for the troops to nab the culprit.
http://www.proud2bindian.in/india-defence-forum/288-drdo-developing-laser-weapons-indian-troops.html

My main point is that Army did order a impossible system before 2020, Which may cause delay in Arjun mk-2 program..

san

What is the defence spending of USA, $600 billion dollars. Can somebody blieve that with that $ they will not be on top in def tech. How much defence spending USSR used during 80s. It was also somewhere near to $500 billion. To have best def tech they need to put money. Do you think that a middle income man can buy a Ferrari, No. A rich, super rich can. We are still in a low income country and our per capita defence spending is very low. In R&D compare to USA or earlier USSR we are nowhere.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Wouldn't it be funny if IA expressed interest in Merkava Mk 4? That would really complicate things.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Wouldn't it be funny if IA expressed interest in Merkava Mk 4? That would really complicate things.
Their is noting for complication but Why would we need to see Merkava4?
Afterall Indian Arjun`s electronics and FCS are Israeli update (2005)..

Regarding Arjun`s electronics and FCS its way ahead of what we were using in 1995-2002, The FCS in Arjun have gone various improvements since 2002, There were some Articles back in 2005 referring to Israeli FCS, Arjun FCS back in 2002 was 'Bharat Electronics AL-4421 Mk.1B Digital FCS', Later DRDO with the collaboration Elbit, had gone through various FCS programs, Todays Arjun MK-1 are having much better FCS which is hybridized variant of Tadir FCS & Our own Bharat Electronics AL-4421 Mk.1B..

http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/showthread.php/9558-Arjun-News-and-Discussions-II/page17
http://indiadefenceonline.com/119/imi-of-israel-to-advice-army-on-arjun-tank/

Agantrope

FMBT is simply a bulls**t.

A tactics to delay the future projects. these kind of requirement wouldnt have been given by the US Army. FMBT is a new candy for IA by outsider :D. Current DGMF wil retire in 2-3 years i think, till then wait and see

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
What is the defence spending of USA, $600 billion dollars. Can somebody blieve that with that $ they will not be on top in def tech. How much defence spending USSR used during 80s. It was also somewhere near to $500 billion. To have best def tech they need to put money. Do you think that a middle income man can buy a Ferrari, No. A rich, super rich can. We are still in a low income country and our per capita defence spending is very low. In R&D compare to USA or earlier USSR we are nowhere.
A rich man can buy a ferrari but cant create a ferrari. where was the $ of "YOUR" US when China amazed the whole world by destroying the satellite using lasers. currently China posses the worlds best tank (TYPE 99) with laser protection system. which your US M1 Abrams doesnt have. Even T90 is somewhat better than M1 Abrams. And about the requirements of FMBT I must say that India can achieve what it needs with its current capability and if India combines with Russia for the development of FMBT then it could result in a thing like Brahmos.

Money is not a hurdle for the development of FMBT. Yes India has various challenges other than defense researches like poverty, education ,etc. Now if you want that India should put a heavy increase in its defense expenditure like Pakistan did then there is no doubt that the internal situations of India and Pakistan will be the same. Be patience India`s defense expenditure will increase but not instantly.

Our country is going in a clever strategy. you see. India has a balance in its defense and economic development otherwise it could lead to a revolt among the citizens. India is that much strong that currently no nation can afford to have a war with India. Not even US.

Yes US have the largest defense expenditure in the world but then why they arent able to finish of Taliban from Afghanistan. Everything cant be achieved with money. India have the world class scientist and engineers working at DRDO then why you think that India cant achieve what it wants.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
China amazed the whole world by destroying the satellite using lasers.
China use its new anti-satellite missile not laser..

currently China posses the worlds best tank (TYPE 99) with laser protection system.
Yes, Its a laser warning system, not a laser based defensive suit..

Yes US have the largest defense expenditure in the world but then why they arent able to finish of Taliban from Afghanistan. Everything cant be achieved with money. India have the world class scientist and engineers working at DRDO then why you think that India cant achieve what it wants.
Coz their strategy is wrong!
Provided the funds and time which DRDO don't have..

san

A rich man can buy a ferrari but cant create a ferrari. where was the $ of "YOUR" US when China amazed the whole world by destroying the satellite using lasers. currently China posses the worlds best tank (TYPE 99) with laser protection system. which your US M1 Abrams doesnt have. Even T90 is somewhat better than M1 Abrams. And about the requirements of FMBT I must say that India can achieve what it needs with its current capability and if India combines with Russia for the development of FMBT then it could result in a thing like Brahmos.

Money is not a hurdle for the development of FMBT. Yes India has various challenges other than defense researches like poverty, education ,etc. Now if you want that India should put a heavy increase in its defense expenditure like Pakistan did then there is no doubt that the internal situations of India and Pakistan will be the same. Be patience India`s defense expenditure will increase but not instantly.

Our country is going in a clever strategy. you see. India has a balance in its defense and economic development otherwise it could lead to a revolt among the citizens. India is that much strong that currently no nation can afford to have a war with India. Not even US.

China has spend heavyly in defence and defenc related R&D but it still needs atleast 3 decades to overcome USA. Around 2040 China's GDP will cross USA and defence tech also will be as per with USA. Where will be we around 2040, buying T90 spare parts from Russia. Do we think that china is going to import a basic defence hardware like tank around 2040. China also produced lot of crap hardware including early versions of tank but their army is associated with new tank devlopment and partner with R&D organization so now they have abl to produce almost all the hardware with good tech. Here in India we are crying -"We want russian toy to play our own are crap; we want russian maal only nothing else. I donot care how best they are or how much they cost but want only russian" Also how many Brahmos Russia ordred? Is Russia has allowed India to prodecue Brahmos engine? What happnd to ultra secreative mighty T95?

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I wouldn't be too worried about China in 2030. No water, no resources, and a bunch of famine stricken old men they will be.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I wouldn't be too worried about China in 2030. No water, no resources, and a bunch of famine stricken old men they will be.
Exactly why we should worry about them if what you say comes true then we have in china a people with nothing to lose in war and everything to gain!

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
China has spend heavyly in defence and defenc related R&D but it still needs atleast 3 decades to overcome USA. Around 2040 China's GDP will cross USA and defence tech also will be as per with USA. Where will be we around 2040, buying T90 spare parts from Russia. Do we think that china is going to import a basic defence hardware like tank around 2040. China also produced lot of crap hardware including early versions of tank but their army is associated with new tank devlopment and partner with R&D organization so now they have abl to produce almost all the hardware with good tech. Here in India we are crying -"We want russian toy to play our own are crap; we want russian maal only nothing else. I donot care how best they are or how much they cost but want only russian" Also how many Brahmos Russia ordred? Is Russia has allowed India to prodecue Brahmos engine? What happnd to ultra secreative mighty T95?
Everone even a small child knows about the reputation of a weapon "made in china" . you say china is self sufficient in its weapon technology or will be. but what is the use of such weapons which were rejected by its own army(not all but some of them). why not some powerfull nations like israel or brazil import weapons from china if chinese weapons are of such a superb quality. even china currently import most of its weapons.
I never said that india will leave US behind in economy or defense expenditure. but at least india can make what it wants. If India can make a top class arjun then why it cant make arjun mk 2.

now dont say that it cant do so because of less money or poor technology. india has developed many things which the world didnt expected from it and which many developing countries are only dreaming of.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
China use its new anti-satellite missile not laser..

Coz their strategy is wrong!
Provided the funds and time which DRDO don't have..
Now this is no reason you are explaining me that their strategy is wrong. Are the experts sitting in the Pentagon "fools" or they are mad that they are making wrong strategy. Its not so buddy. there is nothing wrong in there strategy or technology. its all about the effort and hard work which i had to say is more in the talibani`s than the US troops.
what happened to your US $ when the US armed forces have to leave vietnam which marked a defeat for them. how much money or equipments did those vietnamis villagers had at that time when they were fighting to defend there land against the US.
US armed forces are leaving afghan next year where they are trying to hide there declared defeat against the Taliban similarly like the Soviet army did.
again and again i am repeating this that money is not everything and it cant win a war. the thing which comes to use is the hard work and the feeling of doing something for the nation.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Now this is no reason you are explaining me that their strategy is wrong. Are the experts sitting in the Pentagon "fools" or they are mad that they are making wrong strategy. Its not so buddy. there is nothing wrong in there strategy or technology. its all about the effort and hard work which i had to say is more in the talibani`s than the US troops.
what happened to your US $ when the US armed forces have to leave vietnam which marked a defeat for them. how much money or equipments did those vietnamis villagers had at that time when they were fighting to defend there land against the US.
If u know this much then you can also make out our progress in Kashmir compare to Afghanistan..
Why we have such low rate of casualty compare to Americans??

Last edited:

san

Everone even a small child knows about the reputation of a weapon "made in china" . you say china is self sufficient in its weapon technology or will be. but what is the use of such weapons which were rejected by its own army(not all but some of them). why not some powerfull nations like israel or brazil import weapons from china if chinese weapons are of such a superb quality. even china currently import most of its weapons.
I never said that india will leave US behind in economy or defense expenditure. but at least india can make what it wants. If India can make a top class arjun then why it cant make arjun mk 2.

now dont say that it cant do so because of less money or poor technology. india has developed many things which the world didnt expected from it and which many developing countries are only dreaming of.
Live in your old dream world. I never said we cannot make arjun mk2. But if somebody asked for laser technology on a tank,believe it will not gonna to happen in next ten years

san

US armed forces are leaving afghan next year where they are trying to hide there declared defeat against the Taliban similarly like the Soviet army did.
again and again i am repeating this that money is not everything and it cant win a war. the thing which comes to use is the hard work and the feeling of doing something for the nation.
We run away from Lanka after loosing 2,000 men but Sri Lanka can able to defeat LTTE . In Nagaland we are fighting for last 50 years still not able to defeat NSCN. In Kasmir we are fighting for last 20 years without sucess. In Punjab it is punajab police that done the job. Gurrilla war is somthing different than conventional war. We cannot compare

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
If u know this much then you can also make out our progress in Kashmir compare to Afghanistan..
Why we have such low rate of casualty compare to Americans??
Buddy NATO forces are fighting an open war with the Taliban. On the other hand in Kashmir we are just preventing terrorist from entering into India. Now you tell me who will have more casuality. Just tell me.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Live in your old dream world. I never said we cannot make arjun mk2. But if somebody asked for laser technology on a tank,believe it will not gonna to happen in next ten years
So when did I said that India will make Arjun MK2 in the next 2-3 years. I only supported India`s ability of making Arjun MK 2 in the upcoming future and that`s it. What are we debating all about?

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
We run away from Lanka after loosing 2,000 men but Sri Lanka can able to defeat LTTE . In Nagaland we are fighting for last 50 years still not able to defeat NSCN. In Kasmir we are fighting for last 20 years without sucess. In Punjab it is punajab police that done the job. Gurrilla war is somthing different than conventional war. We cannot compare
And that`s what I am talking about. Its not necessary that he who looks powerful can achieve all the tasks. But in Sri Lanka dont blame our forces brother. Our forces were not guided properly by the Sri Lankan authority against the one of the most powerful networks in the world i.e. LTTE.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles