India's Economy Surpasses That Of Great Britain

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Nominal GDP is important as long as our manufacturing and advanced technology sectors are not self sufficient. Whatever we import has to be paid in terms of real exchange rates, PPP becomes totally ineffective.

This is the biggest achievement of the current government under Modi, won the trust of the youth and given them hope. Don't be surprised if he is back-stabbed by his MPs and Party cadre because they have been effected by his policies in negative manner.
The trust clearly shows the way BJP has been winning polls now.

airtel

Country flag
in terms of PPP Indian economy is 4 times than that of UK's .

1/3rd of China .

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
It still doesn't matter because the comparison is apples and oranges. We have a larger landmass, we have more human resource, more natural resource, we are comparing the cumulative income of 1.2 B people with that of a few million. We are still an agrarian economy, which means our income and wellbeing is still reliant on unpredictable variables like monsoon. Our economy is still vulnerable to natural calamities, so we have not escaped the rat race of being immune to circumstances. We are still at tier-1. In comparison, there are tier-2 economies like China rely on manufacturing (comparatively more income, and less reliance on natural factors), and tier-3 economies like US,UK, knowledge based economy (comparatively even more income and near perfect immunity to natural calamities). We need to upgrade at least one level up, become a manufacturing economy, and hand over the baton of agriculture to a poorer continent, like Africa. That way, the most risk of natural calamities will be incurred by Africa, more number of agrarian manual labor work will be done by them we get relatively less risk since we will only import ready made products and indulge in mass processing and packaging (of fruits, for example).

What's happening today is that people in knowledge based economy (US) sit in their cozy offices and a hot shot programmer who does business analytics assessment gets paid half a million in salary, while those in the manufacturing sector (China, manufacturing electronics) toil to meet production deadlines and those below them (India, digging the earth for raw materials) toil even more to produce the raw materials like metals, or agriculture products. This is why the income of just 1 American programmer, matches that of 20 Chinese factory workers, which matches that of 100 Indian iron ore diggers.

We need to hand over the agriculture, ore digging type of work to Africa and upgrade the quality of all of Indians by skilling them with manufacturing type of work. They will individually earn more, they will live comfortably and our economy will face less attrition from natural calamities.

No use comparing with Europe, we have bigger targets to aspire to. India is going to represent 30% of the world's economy in 2035 and India and China will cumulatively represent 2/3 of global GDP in 2050.

armyofhind

Country flag
I would not trust any Indian media most are anti national , more than any other nation probably and foreign owned or funded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I take back my words actually.
Turns out some journalists in Forbes as well are as sold as those in L-indu.

CrYsIs

Country flag
And when the same Indian government tries to bring more tax revenue by going digital and expand its tax base, some people still criticise it.

And most funny thing is that at this time in 2013, most people in the country did not appreciate the value of young demographic. In fact it was rarely spoken of.
Ruling party at that time viewed it as problem rather than a opportunity.
Young demographics is an advantage only when they are educated,trained and employable.

In India's case ,although it has an exploding population of young people,most of them are semi literate with no formal training and mostly unemployable. Not to mention a big chunk of them were suffering from malnutrition during their childhood which severely dents mental capacity and ability to perform tasks.

No wonder according to one survey many high school students cannot perform maths problem of primary or write a single line without a mistake.

Also as i have stressed it before,a large population is useless in this era of automation.I am worried as majority of Indians will never find any formal employment which can lead to rebellion and severely harm the social balance.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
In India's case ,although it has an exploding population of young people,
India's overall population growth rate and fertility rate is relatively better than other countries of its class.
most of them are semi literate with no formal training and mostly unemployable.
Yup, that's why skill development programs are running but even these informally skilled people are employed at cheap.
Not to mention a big chunk of them were suffering from malnutrition during their childhood which severely dents mental capacity and ability to perform tasks.
No to mention that a big chunk of population or children have escaped malnutrition this year in GHI report.

For their "mental" abilities, India has filed 45,658 patent applications in world intellectual property indicators 2016.
No wonder according to one survey many high school students cannot perform maths problem of primary or write a single line without a mistake.
You know, I can list up same story for other developing countries.
Cuz the students of same countries innovate 3400 in USPTO alone, not accounting WIPO.
Also as i have stressed it before,a large population is useless in this era of automation.
I don't find that government is doing that emphasis on automation.
Best example is booming steel industry.
I am worried as majority of Indians will never find any formal employment which can lead to rebellion and severely harm the social balance.
If you are using word "never", think over it again, even check if it can stay comfortably with today or even a decade later.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles