India's brain gain: Fewer than 200 IIT graduates went abroad last year

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
My cousin is thinking of moving abroad since he is unemployed and there are so few engineering jobs for him or whatever. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:

sthf

Country flag
Pay more than the private sector, the government of India can afford it. Problem solved instead of forced bonded labor which will make bright people not apply to IITs anymore.
Better option would be to open up defence sector completely for private players. PSUs have wasted too much time and money and the 9 to 5 babu culture sets in the new blood eventually.

rkhanna

Country flag
Most of the cream of IIT end up making pitch books at Bulge bracket I Banks or Consulting Companies. That IMO is a bigger brain drain. Just look at the number of Patents being filed.

A good few are getting into the start-up business nodoubt - an I have met ALOT of them (due to where i work) but the bulk rank and file are risk averse

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
This is not dignity or patriotism ....................This is Lack of opportunity .

Mauka hi nahi mila ................that means direct job nahi mili foreign country mein ..

thousands of Indians are still going abroad for higher education & jobs .

:playball::playball::playball:
No, it's not

Clearly as per stats from link above, number of students leaving India has been declining constantly despite the fact that leaving India and working in US or EU is way more easier due to agreements in recent years.
At the same time, number of foreign students in India (primarily from East Africa, Iran & Central Asia) has also been expanding a lot.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles