Indians on DFI vs Indian in real life

Raja.pakistani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Unlike Pakistanis we Indians are self-assured and for us Pakistan is nothing more than a trouble-maker, this is not a perception but a reality.

We may or many not reveal our real views when meeting an individual briefly in real life because that is inconsequential. You are not a real-life referee who can decide how people must express themselves. We are not medieval people who keep seeking an opportunity for Jihad at odd places.
So your internet hate jihad is limited to facebook or to defence forums and you will act as well manner guy in real life who will think twice before speaking and saying abusing words to others..

MananNarainSharma

You see, this above sentence is an example of why I don't get into arguments with your compatriots.

If was I your place making a similar arguments to yours, my argument would go like this. "I have seen some Punjabi guys were bit more straight forward than others". There is no place for religion in this argument.

Over here in india in general, public discourse except for fringe groups and sickular media no body talks in terms of religion. mostly differentiations happen based on language or region but rarely on religion.

If I know for a fact where my discussion with you is heading, why should I waste my time? These arguments have played out enough number of times and have become too predictable.
Exactly in our country we don't generalise, specially on basis of religion. Every community religion and caste has their share of crooks and in the same proportion. Judge each individual on his own merit and nothing else, why does his religion come into it.

Ind4Ever

You need to compare Pakistanis is real life and Pakis in DFI and Pakistanis in PDF ....

Than You will know Indians in forums are just next to mahatmas. Check the topic they post on India .

Raja.pakistani

Tihar Jail
Banned
You see, this above sentence is an example of why I don't get into arguments with your compatriots.

If was I your place making a similar arguments to yours, my argument would go like this. "I have seen some Punjabi guys were bit more straight forward than others". There is no place for religion in this argument.

Over here in india in general, public discourse except for fringe groups and sickular media no body talks in terms of religion. mostly differentiations happen based on language or region but rarely on religion.

If I know for a fact where my discussion with you is heading, why should I waste my time? These arguments have played out enough number of times and have become too predictable.
Sorry if my comments offended you but i said what i felt during my interaction with boht Hindus and sikhs
friends. I personally have nothing against any religion as i have got friends from all sort of beliefs including atheists and agnostics

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Sorry if my comments offended you but i said what i felt during my interaction with boht Hindus and sikhs
friends. I personally have nothing against any religion as i have got friends from all sort of beliefs including atheists and agnostics
None taken, as long as you get the point we are happy. .......

Raja.pakistani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Exactly in our country we don't generalise, specially on basis of religion. Every community religion and caste has their share of crooks and in the same proportion. Judge each individual on his own merit and nothing else, why does his religion come into it.
But terroism is being associated with islam and all Muslims. It dont make difference you generalise people on basis of nation or religion or even caste

Shirman

Country flag
@Raja.pakistani
To be honest with you mate i feel both on the internet and in real life Paki Punjabis and Pashtuns (Pathans) get the real bad treatment they utterly deserve not only on DFI or other cricket political forums but also by fellow Pakis.....Pathan jokes ironically started by Paki comedians like Umer Sharief in India during their comedy show stunts in mid 2005s , and Using the term Gawar and Jahil for Pak Punjabis (i experienced in Australia due to their rough aggressive nature) not only earned them a bad reputation amongst other fellow Pakis but also amongst Indians and Bangladeshis (Bengalis for you people).....The Muhajirs of Pak whom i interacted in Jordan with whose forefathers belong to U.P. and Bihar in India are found to be very classy (i was shocked their women wear designer sarees while their relatives with same socio economical status in India wore a Burkha at an event) and respectful probably because they or their ancestors belong to Muslim Elite of British raj India. Your Tv Dramas, serials which are increasingly popular these days are not that popular for the intended (Muslim crowd and women) because they (which also includes my mom tbh) believe that their Paki counterparts are more Flashy, elite (but obviously since Pakistan was created by Muslim elites), unnecessary Stylish were every actors and actress wants or dreams a ticket to Bollywood which btw they are getting be it Your Fawad and Mahira Khan, your Hocaine/ Hussain sisters etc... Ironically the Pro Paki people in India are those whose ancestors came from exodus of West Pakistan through North India and they are the one who watch your TV shows eg Dilliwalas, Punjabis,UP and Biharis .....As for your Pak Sindhi community whom i had pleasure of interacting with in Italy are go getters, a bit corrupt and i guess only business oriented type people found in Pakistan. We had a funny Paki Pathan poster by the name of Farhaan who got banned for some reasons and i guess @musalman is Pak Punjab iso there you go......

Raja.pakistani

Tihar Jail
Banned
@Raja.pakistani
To be honest with you mate i feel both on the internet and in real life Paki Punjabis and Pashtuns (Pathans) get the real bad treatment they utterly deserve not only on DFI or other cricket political forums but also by fellow Pakis.....Pathan jokes ironically started by Paki comedians like Umer Sharief in India during their comedy show stunts in mid 2005s , and Using the term Gawar and Jahil for Pak Punjabis (i experienced in Australia due to their rough aggressive nature) not only earned them a bad reputation amongst other fellow Pakis but also amongst Indians and Bangladeshis (Bengalis for you people).....The Muhajirs of Pak whom i interacted in Jordan with whose forefathers belong to U.P. and Bihar in India are found to be very classy (i was shocked their women wear designer sarees while their relatives with same socio economical status in India wore a Burkha at an event) and respectful probably because they or their ancestors belong to Muslim Elite of British raj India. Your Tv Dramas, serials which are increasingly popular these days are not that popular for the intended (Muslim crowd and women) because they (which also includes my mom tbh) believe that their Paki counterparts are more Flashy, elite (but obviously since Pakistan was created by Muslim elites), unnecessary Stylish were every actors and actress wants or dreams a ticket to Bollywood which btw they are getting be it Your Fawad and Mahira Khan, your Hocaine/ Hussain sisters etc... Ironically the Pro Paki people in India are those whose ancestors came from exodus of West Pakistan through North India and they are the one who watch your TV shows eg Dilliwalas, Punjabis,UP and Biharis .....As for your Pak Sindhi community whom i had pleasure of interacting with in Italy are go getters, a bit corrupt and i guess only business oriented type people found in Pakistan. We had a funny Paki Pathan poster by the name of Farhaan who got banned for some reasons and i guess @musalman is Pak Punjab iso there you go......
Is it not better to judge people on individual basis without painting entire country/communty/ethnicity either good or evil? You think all Punjabi or pathan have same thinking or mentality just because they share same ethnicity. I have seen racist people in all community as i got the chance to live with all communities

pmaitra

I agree to you some extent but this is very wrong perception. If i suppose you are true that our schools have nothing better to do than teaching us hatred against Hindus then who taught hate to you guys against us ? Dont you guys also buy all conspiracy theories against ISI as well. This blame game is not one sided.
I have seen, much to my annoyance, folks from Pakistan, who are otherwise fine chaps, explain with remarkable confidence that the Hindu Kush range in Afghanistan is so named because it means "Hindu Slayer." I would like to ask you, is this what is taught in Pakistani schools?

aliyah

simple thing......this is defense forum.... here everyone is our enemy if they act against india in any way......so dont be so narrow in thinking that we only love Pakistanis here....this love is for all like Chinese, Bangladeshi, sri Lankan even us,uk,France etc......
2 ) and if u want to hear that paki n Indian r same n they can live in peace n both should be friends for ever..can do this n that...........then plz join aaman ki asha forum. there will find many of these kind of idiot ppls and if u find any very brilliant person there then that would probably be wat u Pakistanis called...... a R&AW agent :)

Shirman

Country flag
Is it not better to judge people on individual basis without painting entire country/communty/ethnicity either good or evil? You think all Punjabi or pathan have same thinking or mentality just because they share same ethnicity. I have seen racist people in all community as i got the chance to live with all communities
Fair enough i assume you are a Paki but another Paki gave me this explanation “in general Pakistanis and to some extent north Indians are more physical people and kinda aggressive and warlike.”Both Pak Pashtuns /Pathans and Punjabis come from Feudal / Tribal warlord culture who lack etiquettes and brain power and believe in Muscle power... hence i have seen these people or person belonging to this community mostly on Defence forums. May i ask you what would be the percentage of recruitment in Pak army ranks Punjabis and Pashtuns represent.....Your own Najam Sethi gives some solid explanations and references while describing the history of your country vis-a-vie India that Punjabis are martial race and British and Sardar Vallabhai Patel got frightened and called them Belligerent force and what not....Which may be true looking at condition of Pakistan these days

Raja.pakistani

Tihar Jail
Banned
I have seen, much to my annoyance, folks from Pakistan, who are otherwise fine chaps, explain with remarkable confidence that the Hindu Kush range in Afghanistan is so named because it means "Hindu Slayer." I would like to ask you, is this what is taught in Pakistani schools?
I never read any such thing but there are many theories about this name and ibne batutah and Britannica encyclopedia are saying this and they are not Pakistani sources or text books

The origins of the name "Hindu Kush" are
are uncertain, with multiple theories being
propounded different scholars and writers. In the time of Alexander the Great, the Hindu Kush range was referred to as the Caucasus Indicus or the "Caucasus of the Indus" (as opposed to the Greater Caucasus range between the Caspian and Black Seas), and some past authors have considered this as a possible derivation of the name "Hindu Kush". However, many other theories have been propounded by different scholars and writers for the origins of the modern name Hindu Kush. Hindū Kūh (ھندوکوه) and Kūh-e Hind(کوهِ ھند) are usually applied to the entire range separating the basins of the Kabul andHelmand rivers from that of the Amu River(ancient Oxus), or more specifically, to that part of the range lying northwest of the Afghan capital Kabul. Sanskrit documents refer to the Hindu Kush as Pāriyātra Parvata(पारियात्र पर्वत).[3]

The mountain range was called"Paropamisadae" by Hellenic Greeks in the late first millennium BC.[4]

Other sources state that the term "Hindu Kush" originally applied only to the peak in the area of the Kushan Pass, which had become a center of the Kushan Empire by the 1st century AD.

The Persian-English dictionary[5] indicates that the word 'koš' [kʰoʃ] is derived from the verb ('koštan' کشتن [kʰoʃˈt̪ʰæn]), meaning to kill. Although the derivation is only a possible one, some authors have proposed the meaning 'Kills the Hindu' for "Hindu Kush", a derivation that is reproduced in Encyclopedia Americana:

The name Hindu Kush means literally 'Kills the Hindu', a reminder of the days when Indian slaves from the Indian subcontinent died in the harsh weather typical of the Afghan mountains while being transported to Central Asia.[6]

The World Book Encyclopedia states that "the name Kush, .. means Death".[7] While Encyclopædia Britannica says 'The name Hindu Kush first appears in 1333 AD in the writings of Ibn Battutah, the medieval Berbertraveller, who said the name meant 'Hindu Killer', a meaning still given by Afghan mountain dwellers who are traditional enemies of Indian plainsmen.[8]

The word Koh or Kuh means "mountain" in some local language Khowar. According to Nigel Allan, Hindu Kush meant both "mountains of India" and "sparkling snows of India", as he notes, from a Central Asian perspective.[9] Furthermore, some believe it to be the name derived from the rule of the Hindu god Rama's son, Kusha, who ruled in Kasur, in present day Punjab, Pakistan.

SOURCE: WIKIPEDIA

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
If you meet me personally, then you would be called out if you engage in BS
really?
I just ignore. :lol:
The last time a paki kid told me that both countries should work out all isssues as both had aatmi bomb.
Lol I said you window of concession closed with MMS. don't keep your hopes up. lol left it at that.

Raja.pakistani

Tihar Jail
Banned
simple thing......this is defense forum.... here everyone is our enemy if they act against india in any way......so dont be so narrow in thinking that we only love Pakistanis here....this love is for all like Chinese, Bangladeshi, sri Lankan even us,uk,France etc......
2 ) and if u want to hear that paki n Indian r same n they can live in peace n both should be friends for ever..can do this n that...........then plz join aaman ki asha forum. there will find many of these kind of idiot ppls and if u find any very brilliant person there then that would probably be wat u Pakistanis called...... a R&AW agent :)
Great so you consider every Pakistani as enemy irrespective of how good he behave with you or even if he dont keep any enimity towards common Indians. If you believe in this thing then you are not any different than talibani extremist. The only difference is that they are religious extremist and you are nationalist extremist and they boht are dangerous for our society

I personally treat people the way they treat me irrespective of their nationality, race or colour. If they give hate/insult then they deserve hate/insult. If they are friendly and kind then i could not hate them no matter they are Indian or african.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
hahahaha...i should buy you a beer bro.
:rofl:

pmaitra

I never read any such thing but there are many theories about this name and ibne batutah and Britannica encyclopedia are saying this and they are not Pakistani sources or text books

The origins of the name "Hindu Kush" are
are uncertain, with multiple theories being
propounded different scholars and writers. In the time of Alexander the Great, the Hindu Kush range was referred to as the Caucasus Indicus or the "Caucasus of the Indus" (as opposed to the Greater Caucasus range between the Caspian and Black Seas), and some past authors have considered this as a possible derivation of the name "Hindu Kush". However, many other theories have been propounded by different scholars and writers for the origins of the modern name Hindu Kush. Hindū Kūh (ھندوکوه) and Kūh-e Hind(کوهِ ھند) are usually applied to the entire range separating the basins of the Kabul andHelmand rivers from that of the Amu River(ancient Oxus), or more specifically, to that part of the range lying northwest of the Afghan capital Kabul. Sanskrit documents refer to the Hindu Kush as Pāriyātra Parvata(पारियात्र पर्वत).[3]

The mountain range was called"Paropamisadae" by Hellenic Greeks in the late first millennium BC.[4]

Other sources state that the term "Hindu Kush" originally applied only to the peak in the area of the Kushan Pass, which had become a center of the Kushan Empire by the 1st century AD.

The Persian-English dictionary[5] indicates that the word 'koš' [kʰoʃ] is derived from the verb ('koštan' کشتن [kʰoʃˈt̪ʰæn]), meaning to kill. Although the derivation is only a possible one, some authors have proposed the meaning 'Kills the Hindu' for "Hindu Kush", a derivation that is reproduced in Encyclopedia Americana:

The name Hindu Kush means literally 'Kills the Hindu', a reminder of the days when Indian slaves from the Indian subcontinent died in the harsh weather typical of the Afghan mountains while being transported to Central Asia.[6]

The World Book Encyclopedia states that "the name Kush, .. means Death".[7] While Encyclopædia Britannica says 'The name Hindu Kush first appears in 1333 AD in the writings of Ibn Battutah, the medieval Berbertraveller, who said the name meant 'Hindu Killer', a meaning still given by Afghan mountain dwellers who are traditional enemies of Indian plainsmen.[8]

The word Koh or Kuh means "mountain" in some local language Khowar. According to Nigel Allan, Hindu Kush meant both "mountains of India" and "sparkling snows of India", as he notes, from a Central Asian perspective.[9] Furthermore, some believe it to be the name derived from the rule of the Hindu god Rama's son, Kusha, who ruled in Kasur, in present day Punjab, Pakistan.

SOURCE: WIKIPEDIA
You should read Indika by Megasthenes and Arrian. The word Hindu Kush is a modification of the ancient Greek term Indicus Caucasus.

When the Greeks came from west to east, they saw the Caucasus, but missed the Caspian coast, because they were fighting Darius and were far south. Later, when they came to India, which is now Afghanistan, they saw the mountains, and thought it was a continuation of the Caucasus. Hence, the name.

All others are made up stories. Ibn Batuta's accounts are wrong. Whatever he said, he said out of his own ignorance and bias. Brittanica is wrong. Nigel Allan is also wrong and ignorant.

I have read Indika in full. I have also posted a summary of the book somewhere in the forum.

Last edited:

brational

Country flag
It is funny that Pakistanis expect good treatment after 1948,65,71,99 and full-time supply of terrorism! why Pakis don't you limit themselves in food and beverages thread so as to get a fair treatment? What common Indian? What is so special about common Indians? Is it because they are the easy targets of Pak sponsored terrorism?
Stop terrorism and vacate our land(POK,GB), then Pakis will earn respect from Indians.

Raja.pakistani

Tihar Jail
Banned
It is funny that Pakistanis expect good treatment after 1948,65,71,99 and full-time supply of terrorism! why Pakis don't you limit themselves in food and beverages thread so as to get a fair treatment? What common Indian? What is so special about common Indians? Is it because they are the easy targets of Pak sponsored terrorism?
Stop terrorism and vacate our land(POK,GB), then Pakis will earn respect from Indians.
No one is expecting anything from you so sit relax. You will get what you will give with interest. Give hate and we will double it and give it back to you. Choice is yours. :D

Take your land from us as i thought your army is much bigger and stronger than us wth more weapons and soldiers

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles