Indians on DFI vs Indian in real life

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Whats wrong with taxi drivers? there are many taxi drivers who are earning £3000 to £4000 a month and it dont mean that they are all uneducated. There are many who has degree but prefer self employment because it suit to their needs as they can visit family any time and dont have to do fixed hours plus more money than working in bank 8 to 5 job

secondly i was talking about Indians i met at work place or at educational institutions and you brought this irrelevant discussion that you hate Pakistan or Pakistani more because you have got more political knowledge than those i met without even knwoing who they are whom i met and where i met them
There is nothing wrong in driving taxi. Actually, with Uber some people are making a lot of money and quitting regular jobs. When I said taxi drivers I meant poverty rate is higher among people of Pak origin.

I did not say I hate Pakistanis. I have contempt for the ideological nut-case state of Pakistan. I meet a lot of Indians living abroad so I know that proportion of politically correct ones is higher in the sample. If you meet me personally, then you would be called out if you engage in BS otherwise I would not bring up religious talks in every discussion.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I was not making comparison with Indians but how many of them are like mithhal, ambani, azim etc who own most of this wealth while rest of the majority average Indians dont have much
The list was by median and not average income. Averages are deceptive!

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
People on here are very mean to Pakistanis. OP, DFI members are a self-selected group and in no way representative of the average NRI or the average Indian. People treat people on an individual basis. Geo-politics shouldn't really factor into it.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Rajay they feel safe behind their computer screen. That is y they are aggressive. In real life one lapper is enough

MananNarainSharma

I met many Indians in real life and they were always approaching to me first and were very kind to me and always acted as if i was their lost friends and were very friendly with me. They always stay away from politics and religious discussion even when i started such conversation to know about their thoughts about Pakistan or Islam. I am not just talking about north Indians but south Indians as well

I saw a different side of some Indians here on DFI who have this so much poison or negativity towards Pakistan or Pakistani and always negative thing come from their mouth when they type word Pakistan or Pakistani. I know Pakistan is not perfect country and Pakistani are not perfect people but still you cannot make gross generalization about a religion or country which have all sort of people in it. You cannot paint all of them with negative brush. So far i have seen all this negativity from Indians only on defence forums or comments section of youtube/Facebook. Is it because they find it easy to hide behind computer screen and say whatever they like without having any fear of consequences and become as key board warriors and internet tough guy?

Would they act same or say same thing in front of a Pakistani if they meet him in real life in foreign countries? Or they would hide such negative feelings in their hearts and would become diplomat? I always had this wish to meet some Indians like i see on DFI and they say these things to me face to face. where i will find such straight forward Indian who speak or act same in real or virtual world ? :)
Two things -

1) most people you meet here are unlike the avg joe, hence more likely to be in tune with geo political affairs.

2) even people here have nothing against the average person or the civilian society. We just hate the ISI and the mullahs who keep preaching the pakistani youth to wage jihad against India and kill our citizens.

Problem comes when Pakistani civilians refuse to admit that their country or more specifically the ISI has engaged in asymmetrical warfare under their nuclear umbrella and terrorized our country. The debate gets heated and venom is spouted from both sides. Most internet forums are like that by the way, keyboard warrior mentality.

I do empathize and understand why civilians in Pakistan fall for the ISI and military propaganda, it'd your education system.The history taught to kids is pakistan is completely fudged and deviod of many facts, all fiction. From disputing the birth place of Jinnah to distorting facts on each war that Pakistan has been involved in. The hate that is taught to you against Hindus and Indians, no wonder most people buy into all the RAW conspiracy theories propounded in pakistan.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I met many Indians in real life and they were always approaching to me first and were very kind to me and always acted as if i was their lost friends and were very friendly with me. They always stay away from politics and religious discussion even when i started such conversation to know about their thoughts about Pakistan or Islam. I am not just talking about north Indians but south Indians as well

I saw a different side of some Indians here on DFI who have this so much poison or negativity towards Pakistan or Pakistani and always negative thing come from their mouth when they type word Pakistan or Pakistani. I know Pakistan is not perfect country and Pakistani are not perfect people but still you cannot make gross generalization about a religion or country which have all sort of people in it. You cannot paint all of them with negative brush. So far i have seen all this negativity from Indians only on defence forums or comments section of youtube/Facebook. Is it because they find it easy to hide behind computer screen and say whatever they like without having any fear of consequences and become as key board warriors and internet tough guy?

Would they act same or say same thing in front of a Pakistani if they meet him in real life in foreign countries? Or they would hide such negative feelings in their hearts and would become diplomat? I always had this wish to meet some Indians like i see on DFI and they say these things to me face to face. where i will find such straight forward Indian who speak or act same in real or virtual world ? :)
My only exposure to Pakistanis has been only once, during one of my trips to Kuwait. Due to late arrival of flights from Islamabad and india we were struck in Bahrain. after utter confusion and 6 hour delay. . We had to share hotel for a stopover in Bahrain.

Infact i had my reservations with the batch I had met there. I then realised that all were good mannered and honest.

Good mannered because the young men from Islamabad flight ensured the unaccompanied old ladies were comfortable inspite of the confusion and chaos. They were respectful and well mannered. We had good chat.

Honest because I had loaned about 100$ to one of the guys from Islamabad flight. He had no cash on him and he was hungry since the stopover was unexpected. I didn't even expect the money back. After we reached Kuwait the guy found me out of the crowd and returned the money before I stepped out of the Kuwait airport.

Infact it is from them that I heard for the first time about over night mullah marriages in Dubai with divorce in the morning (all inclusive) and Saudi and Kuwaiti mullahs booze weekend trips to Bahrain and Dubai .

Mind you this was before Mumbai attacks.

Even as of today I am of the opinion that there are still some sensible guys on the other side, but I am afraid their numbers will be reducing as time passes.

In real life if we meet we might even get along and have some laughs as long as we keep away from contentious issues.

Having said all this, DFI is a nationalistic niche crowd. You should expect no lesser responses to baki crowd from this forum.

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
Leave internet for a moment and share you experience in real world
I lived in Manchester, UK for 2 years, 2002 - 2004, and I have taken a home in Rusholmn area, I had good friendship with a Pakistani guy in the retail chain - Quik Save [I may misspell the name]. As I been very fond of meat eating , he will invariably keep a lamb raang [leg portion] for me...

People specially the middle class people are under un imaginable mental pressure from the professional work... they see internet as an out let release their anger ...

My experience is that the people you called anti Pakistani are basically good people [secular guys unlike me a rightist one] as I have seen, most of them are abused in the Pakistani forum and turned hostile.

Zebra

Country flag
Rajay they feel safe behind their computer screen. That is y they are aggressive. In real life one lapper is enough
May be its the time to give free hand to IA.

What say...!

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Chacha Jaan,

Aap kis kis ko moroge ? Woh log idhaar bhi hae udaar bhi !!
Bahtejey !!! you are right !!! :) Idher bhi kuch net kay peechay kanjer bethay hain or tumhary haan bhi :)
Tum sumjhdar ho

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
May be its the time to give free hand to IA.

What say...!
chunu aab dey bhi du. Had you been that pehalwan you would have attacked in 2001 :) the best you can do is not playing cricket with us :) hahahahahahahahahahaha

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Having said all this, DFI is a nationalistic niche crowd. You should expect no lesser responses to baki crowd from this forum.
On a serious note, meray dost this require good moderation. If I bash an Indian in Pakistani forum I get banned. Moderation here is too one sided. WHen this forum started it had alot better moderation. Went really bad. Now i see moderators raise some concern, which is not enough but still better.

brational

Country flag
None of the Indian members are artificial here. One can assume that here the members are more informed in Defense and geopolitics than an Average/ordinary Indian. It is difficult to survive here by posting misleading/ill informed comments, hence, the differences between Real life(ordinary Indians) and DFIans are visible here.
As for Pakistanis, those who are sane(rarity) go well here. You can't reason a Paki because they are suffering from MDS(Maths Deficiency Syndrome) so it is good to communicate with them the way they understand.
For overseas Pakis, if one is sane(reasonable) enough and do not suffer from MDS, we won't shy away from giving him the due respect even if he is a Taxi Driver or a toilet fixer.

Raja.pakistani

Tihar Jail
Banned
The hate that is taught to you against Hindus and Indians, no wonder most people buy into all the RAW conspiracy theories propounded in pakistan.
I agree to you some extent but this is very wrong perception. If i suppose you are true that our schools have nothing better to do than teaching us hatred against Hindus then who taught hate to you guys against us ? Dont you guys also buy all conspiracy theories against ISI as well. This blame game is not one sided.

Raja.pakistani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Even as of today I am of the opinion that there are still some sensible guys on the other side, but I am afraid their numbers will be reducing as time passes.

In real life if we meet we might even get along and have some laughs as long as we keep away from contentious issues.

We should not be quick in making judgement about entire group when you have only one real experience of meeting with a Pakistani and that was also positive

To be honest i like discussion in real life as well and i am not guy who shut his mouth when someone say something or ask something. I have been involved in debate with English people at my Uni or work place about religion nd country and about anything when others refused to participate in debate by saying no politics. I like straight forward people who act as they are in real life as well as in virtual world. I hate those hypocrite who has no dire to say truth at ur face but try to act as tough hiding behind a computer screen. I have seen some sikhs were bit more straight forward than our Hindus friends

May be some people avoid saying such things at your face because they don want to get in trouble but keeping hate in ur heart and smile at ur face is the worst :)

Raja.pakistani

Tihar Jail
Banned
I lived in Manchester, UK for 2 years, 2002 - 2004, and I have taken a home in Rusholmn area, I had good friendship with a Pakistani guy in the retail chain - Quik Save [I may misspell the name]. As I been very fond of meat eating , he will invariably keep a lamb raang [leg portion] for me...

People specially the middle class people are under un imaginable mental pressure from the professional work... they see internet as an out let release their anger ...

My experience is that the people you called anti Pakistani are basically good people [secular guys unlike me a rightist one] as I have seen, most of them are abused in the Pakistani forum and turned hostile.
Yea i agree with you its mental disease and i bet if they spend all of their life on these forums hating or abusing each others then they would need a help of some good psychiatrist or therapist :)

DingDong

Country flag
I agree to you some extent but this is very wrong perception. If i suppose you are true that our schools have nothing better to do than teaching us hatred against Hindus then who taught hate to you guys against us ? Dont you guys also buy all conspiracy theories against ISI as well. This blame game is not one sided.
Unlike Pakistanis we Indians are self-assured and for us Pakistan is nothing more than a trouble-maker, this is not a perception but a reality.

We may or many not reveal our real views when meeting an individual briefly in real life because that is inconsequential. You are not a real-life referee who can decide how people must express themselves. We are not medieval people who keep seeking an opportunity for Jihad at odd places.

MananNarainSharma

It's not the schools fault but since Zia's time or maybe even a bit before text books became more and more fundamentalised. For example your class 7 history book states that Jews used to be money lenders and extract high interest from poor farmers. Class 7 social study states that Europe has ascended by conspiring against Muslims and speaks out against their nude culture.

Listen mate, I have not read or researched pakistani school book text, a lot of academics in Pakistan are horrified at what has been taught to the kids in Pakistan and have spoken out against how the entire education system is broken. History is completely misrepresented, Muslims are portrayed as honest, Hard working and warriors other are weak or conspirators and plotting against Islam. This is not me, this is a lot of very highly respected pakistani academics and professionals in educstion sector.

Compare that to what we are taught in India, just an example our morning assembly prayers used to be in Hindi English and Urdu. Lap pe aati hai for eg was one of them.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I have seen some sikhs were bit more straight forward than our Hindus friends
You see, this above sentence is an example of why I don't get into arguments with your compatriots.

If was I your place making a similar arguments to yours, my argument would go like this. "I have seen some Punjabi guys were bit more straight forward than others". There is no place for religion in this argument.

Over here in india in general, public discourse except for fringe groups and sickular media no body talks in terms of religion. mostly differentiations happen based on language or region but rarely on religion.

If I know for a fact where my discussion with you is heading, why should I waste my time? These arguments have played out enough number of times and have become too predictable.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles