Indians in US complain of rude consular staff: Survey

Blackwater

WASHINGTON: Majority of Indian-Americans visiting the five Indian diplomatic missions in the US come back with a bitter experience, and report un-professional, rude behavior from its staff, a survey has claimed.

According to the survey, conducted by the Overseas Friends of BJP (OFBJP), as many as 76 per cent of the respondents said that they experienced either un-professional and rude behavior from employees of the consulate, while 56 per cent of them rated their overall experience as "very bad".

Some 2,000 Indian-Americans participated in the survey conducted by OFBJP before the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in January and was submitted to the Indian Government. OFBJP released the contents of the survey in the US last week. The Indian Embassy in Washington did not respond to the contents of the survey.

Tampa-based industrialist, Chandrakant Patel, who is president-elect of OFBJP, asked the Indian Ambassador to ensure that the employees of the Consulates and Embassy who deal with the visitors are properly trained. "Such a rude behaviour and bitter experience send a very wrong impression about our country, which is not the case," Patel said.

"These consulates do not match with the status of an emerging, vibrant and proud India. The behaviour of the staff members is rude, and un-courteous," Patel said.

Indians in US complain of rude consular staff: Survey - The Times of India

Blackwater

Indians in US complain of rude consular staff: Survey

These useless babus of Indian consulate are same everywhere.

i have experienced my self ,their rude behavior at Indian embassy in Holland and Germany. and consulate office in Birmingham ,UK

Rahul92

Relax dude just give them bribe that is what they expect whether they are in India or some other country

pmaitra

Well the Americans are usually very polite, it is the Indian staff that are extremely rude.

- From my personal experience.

Blackwater

Relax dude just give them bribe that is what they expect whether they are in India or some other country
They don't take bribe here. They know by rude behaviours they can not be fired but with bribe yes.

some might take favours from Indian business man but not bribe

i know somebody in Germany who owns sweet shop.Most of the Indian embassy staff come there and eat and pack stuff and dont pay lollllllllll

Blackwater

Well the Americans are usually very polite, it is the Indian staff that are extremely rude.

- From my personal experience.
Indian staff not only rude but uncooperative to everybody including Indian citizens

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Do a survey of Indians who come to the US and need to get a Driver's License :-D

There are people in the New Jersey DMV I would still like to assassinate:mad2:

pmaitra

Do a survey of Indians who come to the US and need to get a Driver's License :-D

There are people in the New Jersey DMV I would still like to assassinate:mad2:
Mr. Ewald, you know, here in the South, the cities have certain demographics and the countryside a different demographics. Needless to say, I went to the countryside to get my drivers license. I got it in my first shot. :)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I went to the countryside to get my drivers license.
You know you are in the country when the lady behind the counter says, "Yer not from around here, are yew?" :-D

NC is better than NJ in every way.

Blackwater

You know you are in the country when the lady behind the counter says, "Yer not from around here, are yew?" :-D

NC is better than NJ in every way.
iam surprised american said this. american are generally good people

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles