Indians, how do you view US?

How do Indians view US?

• Total voters

ITBP

As India is emerging super power, then how do you view US? A friendly country or any thing?

I have seen Americans mainly view Indians as vegetarian, cow, snake god, monkey god worshiper and call center workers from internet.

So how Indians see US?

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Americans simply do not have any idea of India. I would say the common Americans cannot say which part of the world or continent India belong to, given their 'Asian' idea is very specific to china!

The third point is what aptly describe what most informed Indians consider US to be, however there's a good no. of Indians who think US to be land of opportunity and $$$.

kseeker

Retired
As India is emerging super power, then how do you view US? A friendly country or any thing?

I have seen Americans mainly view Indians as vegetarian, cow, snake god, monkey god worshiper and call center workers from internet.

So how Indians see US?
First of all, India is not a Super Power, not even emerging Super Power. We don't need a title of Super Power either.

Do you know, 50-60 % common Americans are dumb blokes, so simply ignore what they think about Indians as a whole.

Americans are neither friends nor our enemies. Amreekans are opportunists; that being said, we are not different from them.

Just like we need American $$$s for our economy, they need man power from India to do a quality work at a lesser expense. It's just BUSINESS ;)

Voldemort

Country flag
Just another country we have business relations with. Definitely not a friend. Not an enemy either.

Killghost

Americans simply do not have any idea of India. I would say the common Americans cannot say which part of the world or continent India belong to, given their 'Asian' idea is very specific to china!

The third point is what aptly describe what most informed Indians consider US to be, however there's a good no. of Indians who think US to be land of opportunity and $$$.
I somewhat disagree with your view. Firstly the common american does know who we are and where India stands. I'm not saying out of thoughts here, i was in USA for past 3 years and from what i know they are not ignorant about us( atleast i can say for the number of people that i know). If we are considering some american teenage views here then i can agree with you that they only care about USA being the best in the world but not true for other age of people.

Secondly Americans describing us as call center workers is somewhat true but at the same time they also consider us being heavily occupying their IT sectors like IBM, microsoft , apple etc. Meaning they do know our capabilities.

Thirdly, what America is doing is simply looking their personal interest. Had India been the biggest superpower in the world, we would have done the same. Infact we should churn out any opportunities we can get from USA as well but as for the stand goes, they are neither friendly nor our enemies.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
I somewhat disagree with your view. Firstly the common american does know who we are and where India stands. I'm not saying out of thoughts here, i was in USA for past 3 years and from what i know they are not ignorant about us( atleast i can say for the number of people that i know). If we are considering some american teenage views here then i can agree with you that they only care about USA being the best in the world but not true for other age of people.

Secondly Americans describing us as call center workers is somewhat true but at the same time they also consider us being heavily occupying their IT sectors like IBM, microsoft , apple etc. Meaning they do know our capabilities.

Thirdly, what America is doing is simply looking their personal interest. Had India been the biggest superpower in the world, we would have done the same. Infact we should churn out any opportunities we can get from USA as well but as for the stand goes, they are neither friendly nor our enemies.
3 yrs stint sounds like a IT professional's work? So, the people you mingled with are mostly educated class and from the urban area, right. But, just as Delhi, Mumbai or Chennai doesn't form the India, so does the NY, Chigago or Washington DC.

Their ignorance is simply evident in their portrayal of India in their TV Shows to their Movies etc.

However, I must admit the more recent movies do project a more realistic India.

The mention of India in their movies etc. will be very little but those little bits can show you their general ignorance.

Anyway, i don't give a damn either way.

Killghost

3 yrs stint sounds like a IT professional's work? So, the people you mingled with are mostly educated class and from the urban area, right. But, just as Delhi, Mumbai or Chennai doesn't form the India, so does the NY, Chigago or Washington DC.

Their ignorance is simply evident in their portrayal of India in their TV Shows to their Movies etc.

However, I must admit the more recent movies do project a more realistic India.

The mention of India in their movies etc. will be very little but those little bits can show you their general ignorance.

Anyway, i don't give a damn either way.
I was not working there, rather you can say i was a student and not really to the above places you mentioned or similar to those. so its not really restricted to urban areas. but yes educated class of people does make a difference. But brother, the same can be said about us as well. How many of us knows about USA or other countries-just the name that's it. Its quite common among the uneducated or little educated class to be ignorant of other countries.

ITBP

I hate USA because of some reasons-

1) US CIA helped Sikh separatists specially in late 1970's.

2) US helped Paki in 1971 war, threatened to nuke us even sent 7th fleet. Fortunately Comrades from North Came.

3) US sends Christian Missionaries for "charity" and these Missionaries and Church in disguise help anti-India rebels in NE India.

4) When India detonated nuclear bomb in 1974 and 1998 they put sanction against us.

Additionally 1) US is Germanophobic, hates powerful Germany 2) US helps brutal military regimes from Chile's Pinochet regime to South Vietnam's Diem regime.

Voldemort

Country flag
I hate USA because of some reasons-

1) US CIA helped Sikh separatists specially in late 1970's.

2) US helped Paki in 1971 war, threatened to nuke us even sent 7th fleet. Fortunately Comrades from North Came.

3) US sends Christian Missionaries for "charity" and these Missionaries and Church in disguise help anti-India rebels in NE India.

4) When India detonated nuclear bomb in 1974 and 1998 they put sanction against us.

Additionally 1) US is Germanophobic, hates powerful Germany 2) US helps brutal military regimes from Chile's Pinochet regime to South Vietnam's Diem regime.
They continue to provide arms to Pakistan.

Meriv90

Just two things ,1) first look at the main ethnic group in US (and check the support from US to Italian Fascism/German Nazis before ww2) and 2) the situation in Chile was quite different in respect of the rest of the Plan Condor/ Fruit companies Coup etats.

For the rest of the topic i'm not going to comment since i'm not indian.

Prometheus

Any country which spends billions of dollars on defense, when so many people in its own territory Are hungry And require health care, when it could quite easily defeat the whole world put together; militarily.... has wrong priorities

Last edited:

thethinker

Country flag
Self-righteous and extremely hypocritical leadership. The average citizens may be decent but the politicians they choose are not.

For a nation which covertly changes regimes to suit their business and foreign policy interests by instigating violence and false flag invasions, denying visa to Mr.Modi was laughable. So was their criticism of human rights for minorities in India when they themselves tuck away prisoners in Guantanamo and places which don't follow any sorts of human rights.Their expansionist policies fall short of nothing then being a plundering nation on one pretext or the other.

In short, war mongerers of the highest order backed by a powerful military-industrial complex.

ladder

Country flag
Any country which spends billions of dollars on defense, when so many people in its own territory Are hungry And require health care, when it could quite easily defeat the whole world put together; militarily.... has wrong priorities
Defeating hunger world-over by USA? Meaning restarting programs like PL480 to India? No thank you.

pmaitra

Defeating hunger world-over by USA? Meaning restarting programs like PL480 to India? No thank you.
Defeating hunger within the United States. I think that is what he meant.

jmj_overlord

US is just me me me me.....better to stick with russians or israelis. Atleast they stood by us in our time of need even if all they cared about is money

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
What is the question? Is the question, "what is your opinion of the US" or is it "what is your opinion of US reliability vis-a-vis India"?

If the is the former, the US is undoubtedly the greatest country in the history of mankind. No doubt about it.

If it is the latter, I would be careful to get too close to the US and enter the US "camp". All said and done, the US can be really close only to an Anglo-Saxon nation.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
If the is the former, the US is undoubtedly the greatest country in the history of mankind. No doubt about it.
By what measurements have you arrived at such a result.

Country flag
Really surprised at poll results. Many Indians still living in Cold War era.
Any large country should be flexible and maintain a diversity of relations
For their Interests ,like India currently does.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
By what measurements have you arrived at such a result.
Why don't you tell me which country you would place in that bracket? Maximum technological innovations and inventions have come from that country. Almost everything you use in daily life has originated in that nation. From GPS to air travel to nuclear warfare to modern mass manufactured automobiles to microwave ovens. Military power? No. 1 throughout the history of the planet. Cultural export and influence at a global level? Again no.1 throughout history - perhaps England could give it some competition here. Economic power? It takes the entire European Union to reach the levels of the US in economic strength.

All the Indian leftists and global Ummah Islamists grovel and crawl for a US Visa, have been doing so throughout the second half of the 20th century. Such a "promised land" for millions of people has never existed throughout humanity.

Anyone who denies this fact is just letting his biases get the better of him. India's relations with the US are a different matter, that is why I said that there are two different questions here.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
US seems to be a great country for its citizens. In the end its all that matters I guess.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles