Indian woman in Ireland dies after abortion refusal

Victor Sierra

Country flag
Its a murder of both Baby & Mother.

She died a very painfully. Imagine your beloved dying & you can't do because law is stopping you.
Kick such religion due to which some innocent has to die for no cause.

Her mistake was that She was in Ireland.

Though nothing could replace her, but I hope Govt. Of Ireland learns from her death & make sure that in future such incidents shouldn't happen.

Tolaha

Re: Indian woman in Ireland dies due to refusal abortion

I had mentioned in an earlier post, how western intervention stopped the ill of Hindu society, where women were burnt on their husband's pyre I thank the then Queen and Empress of the British Empire. It was indeed a divine intervention.
:rolleyes:

pmaitra,

The practice of Sati had become a rarity by the time the British Queen was a significant entity in India. Mughals (especially Aurangzeb) and Guru Nanak were a few who were strictly against this practice and would have been responsible for the decline!

While the British did indeed ban the practice, credit has to be given to Indian reformers and the likes of William Bentick, not to a figurehead who even if she had a contribution would be insignificant!

pmaitra

:rolleyes:

pmaitra,

The practice of Sati had become a rarity by the time the British Queen was a significant entity in India. Mughals (especially Aurangzeb) and Guru Nanak were a few who were strictly against this practice and would have been responsible for the decline!

While the British did indeed ban the practice, credit has to be given to Indian reformers and the likes of William Bentick, not to a figurehead who even if she had a contribution would be insignificant!
Actually, the British rulers in India deliberately turned a blind eye to Sati, so as not to "ruffle feathers." Rammohan Roy tried reasoning with the British administrators, unsuccessfully, and finally, a personal letter was sent to the Queen, following which, there was pressure on the British administrators to make a law banning Sati. In the case of abolition of Sati, the Queen is far from being a figurehead.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Let me conclude this discussion and I am saying it on an open forum.

In New Zealand a white medical practitioner and practise do not take you seriously if you are an Indian and this is from my personal experience, not even a Mcdonald or Pizza Hut counter people. I can see the same bias complicating her case.

If this have had happened to my wife I would have killed (if given the lady was aware of the womb was not viable and she was begging them to surgically terminate it) the doctor and every single person who would have supported the decision of the doctor.

It has been categorically stated by the husband that doctor told him that we are a Catholic country. There is no room for debating it further to justify the events as they might have happened after that point to Doctor's favour.

Last edited:

pmaitra

@hit&run do you live in NZ?

OT: That '&' won't let me mention you. :)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Yes,

Let's do a little more thinking

A women wanted to abort her child, but she was denied her right to do so. Apparently she doesn't have the right to do what see wants with her own body. Do explain to us, what does this has to do with medical negligence? Denying a women right to abort is done purely on religious belief and its only the religious people who support the ban on abortion.

As others posters have said, if the same situation had been reversed and if some poor western women has died because she was refused treatment based on Hindu beliefs, you and other westerners would be shouting from the rooftop about how the west has embraced science and progressed but India still believes in superstitions and is backward.
Speculation aside, it is a case of medical malpractice, IMHO. Abortion is allowed in Ireland to save the life of the mother.

pmaitra

Yes

Sorry ? : )
If you type '@' followed by someone's username, it becomes a link, and that person gets notified. It didn't work with you because your username has '&' in it.

@hit&run, now it works. Reply to this post to see what I did. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

@hit&run, if you or anyone wants to quote you, the normal usage would be,

@hit&run

however, the '&' prevents automatic parsing, so use the one below instead.

[MEN TION=360]hit&run[/MEN TION], without the spaces.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamesvaikom

RIP poor lady. Cant imagine the furore similar situation might create if a Western woman was denied treatment in India due to religious reasons and died.
There is huge difference between slaves and masters. Many Indians are ready to go abroad and work like slaves. Foreigners come here for tourism.

jamesvaikom

Is it because of the pressure of the Catholic Church, that such rules still exist ?
I think illegal abortions are taking place there. Most people in western countries give importance to save a life than for morals, culture etc. Low maternal deaths in Ireland is proof for that. I don't think people in countries like Ireland where fertility rate is very low will protest against abortions when monter's life is in danger. Anyway this incident got media coverage because it happened in Europe. But nobody will talk about such incidents happening in countries with high population growth like Saudi Arabia.

jamesvaikom

Yes. Republicans want same rules in US.
Republicans and Church authorities should change their strategy. Else whites and catholics will become minorities in western countries. Whites and Catholics are not willing to have more children even if Republicans and Church authorities encourage them to do so. So it will be wise if they support Govt. to discourage immigrants from having more children. Catholics in kerala are also facing similar problems. Population percentage of Catholics are reducing due to protest from Church authorities against family planning. They should realize the fact that Catholics are not interested to have more children. Protest against family planning will only help other communities increase their population percentage.

parijataka

Country flag

There is huge difference between slaves and masters. Many Indians are ready to go abroad and work like slaves. Foreigners come here for tourism.
OMG...what a gem ! So Mallus in ME are slaves to Arabs is it ?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Most people in western countries give importance to save a life than for morals, culture etc. Low maternal deaths in Ireland is proof for that.
You have missed the point completely. What happened in this case is exactly opposite of what you have stated.The hospital denied Savita the abortion citing Irish Law which prohibits abortion based on a Catholic notion that taking human life is a sin even if it is a non sentient foetus. The law itself is an example of how the Irish Constitution disregards human life for its perceived morality.

. Anyway this incident got media coverage because it happened in Europe. But nobody will talk about such incidents happening in countries with high population growth like Saudi Arabia.
Wrong. If it were a western woman in a non-western country all hell would have broken lose. That is to be expected though, as you have so eloquently put:

jamesvaikom

OMG...what a gem ! So Mallus in ME are slaves to Arabs is it ?
Unfortunately its true. We hate Indian companies making profit. But we don't have problems to help foreign companies make profit. Standard of living is improving due to remittance from abroad. But many of us are forced to work in countries which don't give importance to human rights. Almost all Keralites like to do white-collar or skilled jobs. But Govt. and politicians are helping to create blue-collar jobs only. There are many good things happening around us. But I like to discuss about bad things so that we can try to reduce those problem.

jamesvaikom

You have missed the point completely. What happened in this case is exactly opposite of what you have stated.The hospital denied Savita the abortion citing Irish Law which prohibits abortion based on a Catholic notion that taking human life is a sin even if it is a non sentient foetus. The law itself is an example of how the Irish Constitution disregards human life for its perceived morality.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree that the law itself is an example of how the Irish Constitution disregards human life for its perceived morality. But I think maternal deaths are rare in Ireland because they do illegal abortions if mother's life is in danger. Indian laws allow abortions if mother's life is in danger. But still maternal deaths are high because spiritual leaders are brainwashing them.

Wrong. If it were a western woman in a non-western country all hell would have broken lose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree that 'If it were a western woman in a non-western country all hell would have broken lose'. My point was if an Indian women died in ME country then we won't discuss about human rights. We will only discuss how to bring her body as early as possible to India.

Blackwater

if Ireland abolish this controversial abortion rule.

The new rule should be named after this lady"" SAVITA"" to mark respect

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles